+ Reply to Thread

Thread: healing and aggro

Default healing and aggro

I'm wondering if someone would give the run down on how healing affects aggro in Rift.
    I come from Age of Conan where healers only have three heals, two hots and a "big heal" aoe, so this type of healing is new to me.

Specifically, pre-healing (hots) will draw aggro? Is it based on the amount of healing done just like more dmg=more aggro?

How about shields? Orbs? What about when the orbs break and heal, will that draw aggro?

Do you need to wait a few seconds before start healing to give the tank enough time to build aggro?

Thanks for any insight

Rift Disciple

Yes, pre-HoTs and the Orbs will draw aggro if the tank does not have the skill/ability to grab the initial group aggro.

Shields, I don't believe so.

And yea, more healing = more aggro, I don't know the difference between heals and damage threat generation.

Thanks for the response. I'm kinda surprised about the orbs.

Only effective healing causes aggro, so if you pre-hot, it'll only cause threat if they heal damage. Orbs are the same way, they will cause aggro once they pop for the amount they heal.

Shields work differently, since they're not considered effective healing, they're instead considered damage absorbed, which will not cause aggro. Unless you shield the tank while he's running in, so he has no aggro on the targets yet...

+ Reply to Thread