+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Melee Gear Question

Rift Master

Default Cleric Melee Gear Question

I'm a bit confused when people state to "gear right" for melee damage. I'm currently using the Justicar/Shaman build for pvp, and of course it relies heavily on crits (it's also fun to play, but I just get the feeling it is a bit wimpy compared to other melee...their abilities are hitting me for 600-800, mine are hitting people for 250-300...of course I'm only 43 atm).

How do you increase melee crit % for a melee build? Try and get rogue gear with dex/crit % on it? Wouldn't that mess up your spellpower, and therefore your magic damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    I'm a bit confused when people state to "gear right" for melee damage. I'm currently using the Justicar/Shaman build for pvp, and of course it relies heavily on crits (it's also fun to play, but I just get the feeling it is a bit wimpy compared to other melee...their abilities are hitting me for 600-800, mine are hitting people for 250-300...of course I'm only 43 atm).

How do you increase melee crit % for a melee build? Try and get rogue gear with dex/crit % on it? Wouldn't that mess up your spellpower, and therefore your magic damage?
    druid/satyr31, 11 in inqis for armor, rest in shaman for lust for blood.

i pull 800+ dps in 5man experts without pressing more than 1 button and i can burst mages down. using the staff from CC atm too
    Quote Originally Posted by FlinkyTheKing View Post
    When asked who should be the NFL mvp, Michael Vick simply laughed and said "I would take ... myself."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oderus View Post
    And before you spout off about how I probably sucked at WoW, I played for 3 years and had two level 80s with full epics. I quit before Cataclysm came out because I got sick of the repeatative game-play and the terrible attitudes that many of the so-called "elite" players had.

Quote Originally Posted by FlinkyTheKing View Post
    druid/satyr31, 11 in inqis for armor, rest in shaman for lust for blood.

i pull 800+ dps in 5man experts without pressing more than 1 button and i can burst mages down. using the staff from CC atm too
    the key word here is GEAR, not spec...

im also confused, do i want to gear with wis/spellpower chain or go cloth for int/spellcrit, or leather dex/str?

does it matter what weapon dps is? (simmilar to war/rogues) or is it only stats/spellpower that matter on weapons? (simmilar to mages)

I generally stick to chain, but pick up rings/necklaces/trinkets with Crit on them rather than SP. Seems to reach a nice balance that way.

For level 50, try to get your hands on a Spellsmasher. Preferably with a rare-quality augment on it.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Rift Disciple

I tend to stick with armor with Wisdom.

If and when i find it i will use crit over spellpower. But there isnot mauch mail gear with that stat, so i use runes for crit.

Soulwalker

Default Weapon Damage

The reason druid/shaman/inquis can do good damage is because of weapon damage and +crit damage multipliers. Since clerics have such high AP the coefficent for AP is very low. Which means you are limited in dps by your weapon, and nothing else. Crit is very important but in raids you can easily achieve +50% crit.
    New MMOs are like a box of chocolate, you never know how it will be till you dig in, i dug in and rift is awesome.

+ Reply to Thread