+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to this and struggling...

Soulwalker

Default New to this and struggling...

Hey everyone, I'm new to RIFT and decided to roll a cleric. I'm currently level 13 and finding myself struggling to kill monsters.
    I'm currently using Druid/Justicar/Shamen and have no idea how my points should be placed, I have most of them in Justicar.
    Could someone please steer me in the right direction ? I've read guides on this and that but really have no idea which one to choose, all help would be greatly appreciated thanks !

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Showcasing View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to RIFT and decided to roll a cleric. I'm currently level 13 and finding myself struggling to kill monsters.
    I'm currently using Druid/Justicar/Shamen and have no idea how my points should be placed, I have most of them in Justicar.
    Could someone please steer me in the right direction ? I've read guides on this and that but really have no idea which one to choose, all help would be greatly appreciated thanks !
    Check out the guide in this thread -> http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...e-for-him-here or this one -> http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-Step-by-Step

I know you said you read guides, but if you haven't read those they're both quite good.

Plane Touched

1). make sure you are upgrading your skills at the trainer.
    2) Go DPS soul as primary point allocation -survivability is cheap at early levels 0 points in druid adds the pet with it's heal another heal soul adds a ranged damage spell and a heal instant HOT or DH or shield.

pets also let you manage add aggro if you hotkey their attack but you really shouldn't need to. I'm thinking you may not have trained your skills to be having any struggle at 13.

Hey,

I can understand the confusion. First let me tell you that you are using the tank spec as your primary class which makes it easy to understand why you get frustrated killing things. I personally run a shaman, justicar, inquisitor spec for soloing. Keep shaman maxed in points till you get rage of the north, then bring justicar up high enough to grab the extra heals and bigger AoE's for "Even Justice". Even justice is an instant cast melee aoe that when specced for hits 5 targets. That coupled with the shaman aoe's makes for some easy leveling.

The other thing I wanted to know is if you're using a two hander or not. Make sure you are and that it has as much spellpower as possible, because we get a 1 for 1 exchange from spellpower to attack power.

Hope this helps, feel free to send me a personal message if you have anymore questions.
    I want what all men want, I just want it more. -Achilles

Arah - 50 Guardian Cleric on Endless
    Erevys - 45 Rogue on Endless

+ Reply to Thread