+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reactives and Macros (mostly talking to the meleers)

Champion

Default Reactives and Macros (mostly talking to the meleers)

Is there a reason we put our reactives in with our rotation macros? In all honesty, i feel like a noob if i'm mashing any single key more than once every GCD. The vids people are posting where you can see the single buttons blinking like they've got parkinson's are laughably sad.

But also from a gameplay perspective, doesn't it make more strategic sense to have them separate from your main attack and use them when you feel it's more advantageous? Maybe you just took a small crit and you're still pretty close to full health. You've got 5 secs to use that Glory of the Chosen proc and perhaps right away isn't the best use of one of your only heals. Or, you might find yourself in a warfront fighting a class that has some ability to heal themselves. This could be the right time to save that Jolt, and if you're lucky a Fated Blow too, and tack them onto the end of a Massive Blow or Combined Effort to create a poor man's finisher.

And then finally, i simply dislike when i'm here on the forums looking at someone's spec (new or cookie-cutter variation) and i have to sift through 3 reactives at the top of the list just to get an idea of what their rotation might be and how likely they are to make it to the bottom of the list. Please just omit the reactives, even if you do insist on keeping them in your macro.

Thank you for your time, clerics of Telara.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie328 View Post
    Is there a reason we put our reactives in with our rotation macros? In all honesty, i feel like a noob if i'm mashing any single key more than once every GCD. The vids people are posting where you can see the single buttons blinking like they've got parkinson's are laughably sad.

But also from a gameplay perspective, doesn't it make more strategic sense to have them separate from your main attack and use them when you feel it's more advantageous? Maybe you just took a small crit and you're still pretty close to full health. You've got 5 secs to use that Glory of the Chosen proc and perhaps right away isn't the best use of one of your only heals. Or, you might find yourself in a warfront fighting a class that has some ability to heal themselves. This could be the right time to save that Jolt, and if you're lucky a Fated Blow too, and tack them onto the end of a Massive Blow or Combined Effort to create a poor man's finisher.

And then finally, i simply dislike when i'm here on the forums looking at someone's spec (new or cookie-cutter variation) and i have to sift through 3 reactives at the top of the list just to get an idea of what their rotation might be and how likely they are to make it to the bottom of the list. Please just omit the reactives, even if you do insist on keeping them in your macro.

Thank you for your time, clerics of Telara.
    I macro my reactives because it's better to use them at a suboptimal moment, than to lose them completely.

I primarily PvE, so for grinding and dungeon running it's not really a big deal.

What I have found in the rare occasions I do warfronts, is the macro spamming I use in PvE really isn't all that effective.

If I were more into PvP and had a hardcore min/maxer mentality in my PvE, I would completely see your point.

Shield of Telara

I use macro's to sololevel in pve because I'm lazy. I don't hammer one button with all my abilities macro'ed to it in dungeons/pvp

Champion

Bless you both! Can you guys get the guys making YouTube vids to change that playstyle too? Just makes us clerics seem so amatuer when everyone's vids are of clerics HAMMERING on a single button without anything happening lol

+ Reply to Thread