+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balancing Damage done with Healing done(WFs).

Default Balancing Damage done with Healing done(WFs).

So recently I've been feeling a little guilty with the lack of healers and the plethora of DPS clerics. I've been a pure Cabbie since launch, hell even in beta, and I genuinely love the play. People ***** quite frequently that clerics should know their role and heal. Well that's an archaic way of thinking as far as I'm concerned, and while other games fit that mold, Rift has prided itself on being different and really until someone wants to pay my $15 a month, they can keep *****ing. Having said that I thought maybe I could try to compromise, so I slotted Justicar with my cabbie just to see if maybe I can ring a little more out of my play style. Turns out, I rather enjoy this play style also. I've been working on balancing my DMG done and Healing done during WFs, and I was wondering what some of you other DPS/heal clerics are seeing.

Currently my best in Port Scion is 588k DMG vs 250k healing. To me this is pretty cool but I don't know if cabbie makes the most suitable main soul for this type of thing, so I'm curious what you guys are putting up. Thanks!

CABALIST - Nogrinn

Ascendant

inquisicar
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Champion

yeah, Inquisitor will work better. the life dmg spells will feed you convictions. Cab's death dmg spells won't do the same.

I was hoping to see some numbers!

CABALIST - Nogrinn

Champion

I ran some testing time on the dummy. My parser stopped showing numbers and just repeatedly showed "HOLY-&$%@-CRAP!!!!" I was going to try running a 5 min test again, but i can't target the smoldering crater where the training dummy used to be...

Shield of Telara

Wait for 1.2 its when inquis get their damage buff to be on par with everyone else

I belive then going inq/cab for full damage will probably offset the hybrid healing, as of now going inq for damage is like trying to go warden for damage, its just plain bad, soul drain is the only good thing

Dpsers who whine for heals will continue to get no heals as they are part of the problem not the solution, if they want heals so bad they should learn to heal and not whine at other random players for their heals

Pvp is no mans land, the only time healing is needed is pve and ill happily do that, but in pvp its every man for himself, only untill a dps shows he has a brain will he reserve minimal heals
    Last edited by Bejita; 04-19-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Champion

So since I couldn't test on the dummy anymore, I decide to dual a friend. Big mistake... I owned his face so hard he lost 3 levels and 7 of his souls... He's running around redo-ing the soul quests as a 51/5 sentinel/templar. Needless to say we aren't friends anymore. A) with my new found power, I can't be associated with someone so far beneathe me, and B) he's got a man crush on me and I have to stay free and unattached

+ Reply to Thread