+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dps Cleric in Wf - A ever evolving Guide /se.

Default The Dps Cleric in Wf - A ever evolving Guide /se.

Aight. After several whispers and forum psts. i have now descided to consolidate my pvp/pve experience into on Forum post. - I do in advance warn u im no known for being a grammar/spelling wiz...

little about myself, Im a Defiant, Cleric on shivermere startet playing roughly 2 weeks after headstart when asked by some of my friends from wow 2 reroll. - I have several Gladiator charrecters in world of warcraft. And i´we won several Dota tournaments and have been trying out allmost every MMO, theres been releasede since i by accident got a beta key 2 worldofwarcraft. - i belive mostly my succes in these kinds of game has been my elitist view on games. And iwe been highly focused on what my class and my friends class can bring 2 the table and 100% focused on getting them 2 bring it all or "****" :P Im currently Rank6 “only Cleric on my shard so far” and have downed Lord Greenscale “shard first” Full epic except “the godlike DM Healer trinket”

Aight Ill be looking in to varius speccs and builds and what stats 2 go for. and which way u can make most use of your Class in Warfronts and pve. Mainly PVP "WF"

The cleric: builds, that iwe focused most on in this game has been warden,sentinel inquisitor and templar.
    And ill be trying to explain what have made me be a pure killing machine in WF and or A unkillable horror for the guardians..

Gearing

Your naturally going for as much valor as possible I belive Head shoulders chest rings and neck from favour and leg boots belt from greenscale and the Dm trinket “heals 3 friendly targets on proc when ever you heal, I always heal with my build in some what as part of my survivability – Being justicar Reperation and salvation being 2 of the greatest survival abilities for Cleric dps and they only cost 11 point “legendary” …Enchants and such obviously the bests are the 6 Factions Glorified Wisdom enchants not gonna go further into this as your chances for gearing BIS are slim, And if this happens you shouldn’t be needing this post anyways :P Anyways as I c it Stats vice it’s a synergy vs Valor Hp wich is the big dilemma I run with 460 valor and 6300 hp fully buffed. And atm im unkillable in WF´s except ofc if a 100% bonus Pyro oneshots me with fulminate J xele <3 my dear…
    Normal stats for clerics = Wis <Intel < Crit ß no need 2 clarify why tho J and the theory crafting about this is showed on the hover over tooltip so no need 2 break it down into rawr math.. I realised after making a Calculation the other day -.-

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH - THESE BUILDS ARE NO MORE THAN IDEAS ON WHAT I BELIVE ARE THE "BEST" BUILD - Every individual have their favorit play style their favorit specc. And i belive to optimize any specc u need 2 Craft it yourself adapt it 2 situations where u realise that might optimize the performance of your play. - Eks a real that rolls with 5x pyros that oneshot everyone. maybe a Reflect ability may be way better for survivabilty than what iwe posted. and i hope that the individual player is smart enough 2 shape the creativity of my builds around their own personality instead of copy paste /join wf. Die /forum This spec blow..... i belive theres way 2 many of these and i will not reply on em. nor will i reply on complete useless critic..
    serafh: Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Cit Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    But the modern gamer, particularly the modern MMO gamer, has come to erroneously equate "requires time" with "difficult".

Default 1

b]First of the PVP DPS Cleric. ß the Wrecking build.[/b]

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...t0qz.VhMo.V0xz

Right, this build would at first be looking extremely weird 2 you, but listen at how im using it. “Always 100% on top of dmg done – even with overpowered pyro´s”

Initially u would buff up completely – Priority list for emergency situations

Reperation
    Shroud Of Agony
    Salvation
    Cavalier
    Armor Of Devotion
    Heroic Blessing
    -yes it’s the most buffs of any class but wait it gets worth it..

So basicly what u do is Rush into the middle of a bunch of people Vex as many targets as u can. And wait for shroud of agony 2 proc BOOM Sit back and enjoy the true horror of 10 x people on u completely unable 2 get u down. – In the best case scenario where no “mortalstrike effect is on u”

Say there is… U use this macro… to build “cavalier” charges with light skills..

#show Bolt Of Judgement
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt Of Radiance
    cast Life’s Vengance
    Cast Bolt Of Judgement

Excellent macro to give u max mobility while Getting light dmg out. And now u can start popping Doctrin Of Loyalty, Healing your team for 1500 healing every GCD not 2 shabby considering the insane amount of healing wich is already rolling from your Shroud of agony and vex.. – that is constantly healing 5 people around u who is at the lowest life..

Now to the single target dps. – I initiate with vex/banish, as that is potentially some of your best dmg and is castable when mobile. Then I apply Spiritual Defiancy “by now you probably have been silenced. If it’s a melee Pop Censur on em and you got additionally 3% magic dmg and 200ish Dmg + the 30% healing” so silence is not a cast stopper for you.. + you build convictions then I start firing of the Bolt of judgement macro posted above off and use Bolt of depravity on “proc” im using this macro

#show Bolt of Depravity
    cast Fanatiscme
    cast Bolt Of Depravity

makes it Crit and can easily pop around 4k for me Being rank 6 and Greenscale geared.

I still have my O**** your feared and Excommunication and Impede “excellent vs warrior rogues”
    serafh: Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Cit Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
    But the modern gamer, particularly the modern MMO gamer, has come to erroneously equate "requires time" with "difficult".

Default 2

2 BUILD – TEMPLAR / JUSTICAR INQUISITOR – “ my Premade build”

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...0V0z.ExzbxL0qz - For some reason Rift sam will not allow me 2 link this build correctly the missing talents in this build are in the templar build upto overload. = 66 points.

Same Build As the others this altho has some Great "team mechanics and a crazy ultimate - making u the 1v1 god you rly wanna be"

First of Break free, One of the greatest Mechanics for survivability and if possible it should allways be in your trees allso in pve, as it is ussable on npc mechanics aswell

Seccond of you now have an ability 2 instant cast with Greater Empowerment.. Amazing for Soul Drain and Healing momentum "another excellent pvp" feature.

then we have the r6 Ultimate - Overload, 50% dmg return 2 people who hit u.. And additional 50% of that dmg are returned 2 you in healing <3 it
    It is castable on team m8s and are and excellent Fullminate survivability tool... Find the dude with 100% dmg increase pop it on his target and see him go down.. freaking hillarius. + the grafical effect of it is 2 "DEATH WINGS" wichs stunns all the newbie for 15 secconds writing holy christ what is that )

if this wasnt enough u now allso have Reinforce wich gives all that are healed by u a 6% dmg reduction to player dmg.
    Rolling of the punches wich gives everyone under 50% life 10% more dmg done <3 it...
    Cellestrial bonds - anyone that are stunned/rooted or feared gets a shield of 500dmg absorb my team seems 2 love this one..
    And maybe one of the most vital ones. Mark Of Purification, Yer.. It has a chance of removing a disease curse and poison from a target each time they are healed by one of your single target heals... REPREPERATION is a single target heal ... Drooll......

I dnt belive going into Inquisitor specc will have any effect as i belive i explained the most importent above in my Immortal guide... Except in this specc you lose Shroud of Agony. So be aware.. you are not as "Immortal" any more but you bring soooooo much to the table that it justfies the loss..

The Melee pvp dps spec <3 it "test phase still"
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....Exz0t0cmk.xhz

inquishatar O.o - Shaman inquisitor justicar. - (yes im a fan of the justicar in pvp builds)

This is currently a test Specc for me.. - Found by another dude on the Forum Edited to my personal play style.

Stats CRIT > Intel > wisdom - I personally if this is getting the next big thing are gonna pick up some mage cloth pices for alot more crits since its a crit based spec

#show Massive Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Sanction Heretic - obs..
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Crushing Blow

- Use loads of vex when your los of a target - not if ofc u have sanct etc up but else.
    - impede is a great tool vs any classes wich has mobility.. ofc charge is better but on the not that it is on downtime.
    - Fanaticisme - Personally im a reactive person and want my "crit" instant proc etc on another bind.
    Massive blow lightning hammer crushing hammer.. Fillers until jolt is ready again. 2k jolts mmm yer...
    Bolt of deprivaty - I actually use this alot.. As a opener on onfocused targets whos bussy doing something else.. and as soon fire i pop charge and faceroll marco - and ofc on reactive proc i use it..
    Other ranged use em rotationally.. - Actually considered addin all of em except sanction heretic 2 the buttom of the macro for when enemies break my Range and i cant melee em anymore and have them on close by keybinds for useage if chrushing comes up to often.. but as it is atm its a great dmg boost in the macro
    Soul Drain.. - what can i say use it often and use it everytime +3 people are near u and u wanna blow some kitties <3 - Reactive with fanatcisme + orb = gg.. - Whiners over orb use, Yer.. why dnt they just go for it. its a Great tool for breaking down premades etc. and can turn the tide of any battle if u get your hands of that fat healer in the back.

anyways its a super reactive specc and super easy 2 get into.. - Buffs are equally to the other speccs except u dnt get reperation in this one wich is a shame but the Burst is worth it.
    - overall I do not rate this specc 2 be a solo running specc. but a Heavy premade build where u might struggle vs eks. Healers on the other team. Then pop into this specc and break em down Run out of cb respec back 2 inq/sent/just or your healing spec.

For now im still working on finding the Exceptional survivable specc for this one. where u still have somewhat the same Burst.

Topic still in progress and to break your day trolls no i havent gone over spelling errors and i wont. - but keep bumping my post commenting on it. as i see several people who are actually able 2 read it post me daily about infoes.

/se - Shivermere
    Last edited by serafhin; 04-19-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Very very nice.. all i can say about it.
    gonna test it out asap =D
    Last edited by Devius; 04-19-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Hey Serafhin, thanks for the guide.
    I sent you a PM also.
    What could be the best soul build to level a character in WF?
    I'm only lvl 23 now but i like to do WF as much as possible...sometime i do 3-4 levels only in WF.
    Thanks

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by serafhin View Post
    The Melee pvp dps spec <3 it "test phase still"
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....Exz0t0cmk.xhz

inquishatar O.o - Shaman inquisitor justicar. - (yes im a fan of the justicar in pvp builds)

This is currently a test Specc for me.. - Found by another dude on the Forum Edited to my personal play style.

Stats CRIT > Intel > wisdom - I personally if this is getting the next big thing are gonna pick up some mage cloth pices for alot more crits since its a crit based spec

#show Massive Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Sanction Heretic - obs..
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Crushing Blow

- Use loads of vex when your los of a target - not if ofc u have sanct etc up but else.
    - impede is a great tool vs any classes wich has mobility.. ofc charge is better but on the not that it is on downtime.
    - Fanaticisme - Personally im a reactive person and want my "crit" instant proc etc on another bind.
    Massive blow lightning hammer crushing hammer.. Fillers until jolt is ready again. 2k jolts mmm yer...
    Bolt of deprivaty - I actually use this alot.. As a opener on onfocused targets whos bussy doing something else.. and as soon fire i pop charge and faceroll marco - and ofc on reactive proc i use it..
    Other ranged use em rotationally.. - Actually considered addin all of em except sanction heretic 2 the buttom of the macro for when enemies break my Range and i cant melee em anymore and have them on close by keybinds for useage if chrushing comes up to often.. but as it is atm its a great dmg boost in the macro
    Soul Drain.. - what can i say use it often and use it everytime +3 people are near u and u wanna blow some kitties <3 - Reactive with fanatcisme + orb = gg.. - Whiners over orb use, Yer.. why dnt they just go for it. its a Great tool for breaking down premades etc. and can turn the tide of any battle if u get your hands of that fat healer in the back.

anyways its a super reactive specc and super easy 2 get into.. - Buffs are equally to the other speccs except u dnt get reperation in this one wich is a shame but the Burst is worth it.
    - overall I do not rate this specc 2 be a solo running specc. but a Heavy premade build where u might struggle vs eks. Healers on the other team. Then pop into this specc and break em down Run out of cb respec back 2 inq/sent/just or your healing spec.

For now im still working on finding the Exceptional survivable specc for this one. where u still have somewhat the same Burst.

Topic still in progress and to break your day trolls no i havent gone over spelling errors and i wont. - but keep bumping my post commenting on it. as i see several people who are actually able 2 read it post me daily about infoes.

/se - Shivermere
    I think that 9 point into Justicar are a bit useless.. without mien of honor the heals are too little..
    Maybe will be better to go on sentinel for another +16% on crit dmg?
    However, i will give this build a try but i think that the 31druid/2Xshaman/1x inq or sent build is still superior.
    Last edited by Hari; 04-20-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hari View Post
    I think that 9 point into Justicar are a bit useless.. without mien of honor the heals are too little..
    Maybe will be better to go on sentinel for another +16% on crit dmg?
    However, i will give this build a try but i think that the 31druid/2Xshaman/1x inq or sent build is still superior.
    basicly only using the 9 points for my Dm trinket to proc.. wich it basicly does constantly with salvation ? 600-700 heal 2 3people inc yourself

Quote Originally Posted by serafhin View Post
    b]First of the PVP DPS Cleric. ß the Wrecking build.[/b]

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...t0qz.VhMo.V0xz

Right, this build would at first be looking extremely weird 2 you, but listen at how im using it. “Always 100% on top of dmg done – even with overpowered pyro´s”
    I really like inquisitor for pvp but saying you are top damage from throwing dots everywhere and letting reparation top up the group isn't comparable to the influence or pressure a pyro has in pvp.

You probably will be topping a lot of charts with your build but critically: you won't realistically be killing anybody *or* saving anyone with all of that healing. Some inquisitor talents which increase single target damage & add control have been ommitted too, so you might struggle to nuke a target who is being healed.

In pvp, overall damage means little if the opposing team isn't immediately pressured by it/it fails to land a kill during a clutch moment. Vex damage alone is easily healed through, you will just be ankle biting like this.
    Our beautiful, tortured biosphere.

That sounds like I'm trying to come off elitist or rude, I just mean that I'd rather take a BoD spec, maybe toy with going for Nysyr in inquisitor and put the remaining points into either sentinel or purifier for some damage buffering and simply max spellpower talents from the early tiers.
    Our beautiful, tortured biosphere.

quite aware :P but to be fair lets agree there is few classes/specs able 2 outplay even the worst pyro in kills :P

seraphin, which build would you suggest for a fresh 50?

warden sentinel - Its absolutelty amazing for survivability. I wouldnt reccomend any Fresh lvl 50 to go dps. As u most likely will benefit the "team" as a healer + in this specc u will be able 2 survive.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...szRqz.E0v0bczc Giving u

2 instant "big heals" Healing breath divine call and - Macro them with dionars gift

having ****loads of dots heals to pop around the groupes Pre pop "bubble" shield on yourself.

Aoe dispel + rolling dispell

Healing covernant

and the best O**** heal ever.Touch by the light + Bubble armor "orbs of the tide and orbs of the stream"

Dunno its pretty straight forward and not gonna go into a big Explenation about healing rotations etc as they are all rotationell :P

/se@shivermere..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrawr View Post
    I really like inquisitor for pvp but saying you are top damage from throwing dots everywhere and letting reparation top up the group isn't comparable to the influence or pressure a pyro has in pvp.

You probably will be topping a lot of charts with your build but critically: you won't realistically be killing anybody *or* saving anyone with all of that healing. Some inquisitor talents which increase single target damage & add control have been ommitted too, so you might struggle to nuke a target who is being healed.

In pvp, overall damage means little if the opposing team isn't immediately pressured by it/it fails to land a kill during a clutch moment. Vex damage alone is easily healed through, you will just be ankle biting like this.
    This. And not this at the same time.
    Of course if you play in the middle of the bus, your damage will be mostly free heal for opposing side healers.
    But if you use the resilience of a good inq build for example, which can outpace many many many specs (that is to say all the rogue specs excepts bard, most mage specs and all the warrior's specs), to harass a base in codex, to make them hit you 3 or 4vs 1, while you just cleverly heal/kite through it, then you have a major impact on the warfront.

It's the kind of job that is hardly ever noticed, when your main bus continously crush the other team 10vs8 or 7, or something like that. But you just know it wouldnt be that easy without a few good players pressuring the other team right.

For bus purposes, any 51cab/x/x is far superior to anything you can come up with, be it an heavy inq or chaman build.
    Last edited by Tinu; 04-20-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinu View Post
    This. And not this at the same time.
    Of course if you play in the middle of the bus, your damage will be mostly free heal for opposing side healers.
    But if you use the resilience of a good inq build for example, which can outpace many many many specs (that is to say all the rogue specs excepts bard, most mage specs and all the warrior's specs), to harass a base in codex, to make them hit you 3 or 4vs 1, while you just cleverly heal/kite through it, then you have a major impact on the warfront.

It's the kind of job that is hardly ever noticed, when your main bus continously crush the other team 10vs8 or 7, or something like that. But you just know it wouldnt be that easy without a few good players pressuring the other team right.

For bus purposes, any 51cab/x/x is far superior to anything you can come up with, be it an heavy inq or chaman build.

that is a great reply. And its exactly what my point about the inq/just/sent spec is "shaman one is a dps truck nothing more" - Therefor higly placed out as a Do not use till your geared...

And m8.. srsly.. trust me. 51 caba is not even close 2 being worth it compared 2 the 44inq Shroud of agony as a bus spec.. "WITH DM TRINKET" - It basicly makes your trinket proc every 0.1 sec giving u 600 hp every 0.1 sec on 4+ people trust me i'we played it for over a month now.. kited 100 of kitty players away changing the fate of a BG.. And every time your ****faced behind enemy line u fear and or Use circle of oblit and boom 100% hp again.. carrying on kiting like a boss :P - Give it a try .. iwe allready respecced when u read this thread testing out Caba again.. O.o think this is the 100th time.. doing that but ill test your idea if u test mine. and comment on it here ^^ - yours requiring alittle more effort getitng the healing trinket :=)

/se@shivermere

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast