+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar woes - too many buffs.

Default Justicar woes - too many buffs.

Only from Justicar, after every death (this gets very annoying Black Garden), we have to put up too many buffs.

Salvation, Cavalier, Reparation, Mien of X, then usually you would run Shaman with this spec so that's 2 more buffs, Courage Of X, Vengeance Of X, and then third soul would usually have at least one more buff as well. So after each battle I have to reapply 7 or more buffs. That usually takes close to 15 seconds. Gets old after you do it few hundred times.

Salvation and Cavalier should be passive honestly. At the very least, they should be off of global cooldown while out of combat, since I'm sure somebody will complain about removing buffs from people in PVP and how it would be unfair if this was passive or off global cooldown. I have yet to be purged in PVP tho, it's a non issue.

I think all buffs, across all souls and callings, should be off of global cooldown while out of combat.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Plane Walker

I think Cavalier should be passive, as not having it up makes you not a Justicar, and Meins should be persistent like foraging abilities, as they are not timed anyway.
    Last edited by Ellyll; 04-19-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    I think all buffs, across all souls and callings, should be off of global cooldown while out of combat.
    This would be a blessing and then some! I have a couple builds that are buff heavy, and it's incredibly annoying. Even now with them being mostly instant, 6-8 GCD while running at the start of every death in a WF defines tedium.

Slovis - Guardian of Sunrest Inquinelicar - Justisemplar - Senardifier

Ascendant

Just to add to this, it is annoying when you're runnign a series of zones that after 1 hour all your buffs fall off. You can be half way through a fight and suddenly you go from tank to squishy chew toy. It's like this class was designed to turn into a pumpkin after 60 minutes. It's rediculous.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Rift Disciple

Simple fix without any balance issues around things like buff stripping abilities in pvp. Make all self buffs persist after deaths. Some potion buffs already do this so the mechanic is there. It would make pvp a lot less annoying for buff based classes.

Shield of Telara

Make a macro for all your buffs, put it on one of your side bars and click it when you die/every hour.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    Make a macro for all your buffs, put it on one of your side bars and click it when you die/every hour.
    you cant

most of them have no cd

best way would be to retain buffs after death.

this would mean that purges will still be eligible, but if p.e. i die in a boss and the healer battle rezzes me i dont need 10secs to watch my party die as i rebuff myself. Or i wouldn't need 10secs to start running in wfs.

Yeah, I'm playing justicar/inquisitor right now and I have 8-10 buffs depending on what you consider a buff. The worst part is in Port Scion when we control bridge and I spawn right into a battle. I really have to pick and choose which buffs I want because I'm getting beat on right away.

Really, I'd like buffs cast on yourself to just never end unless they are dispelled by an enemy player, or any solution so that I don't have to cast 10 buffs on myself every time I spawn in a warfront.

I hate rezing at the bridge in Port of Scion while it is under assault... I can no NOTHING until I have at least 5 buffs up, which means I need to try to run away so I can buff which is not helping at all. Essentially, I am still rezing 5-10sec longer than any other character that can just go straight into combat after a rez w/o buffing.

On a side note, I think that a lot of the justicar buffs should not be purge-able. Without a couple buffs we are 100% useless in PvP. Our damage is not on par with anyone else and we do NO healing and generate NO resources for healing w/o the buffs(which is the only reason to be a justicar in PvP). I think that other classes should not be able to do their main role w/o a purge-able buff or 5 on that they have to put on every time they die. I know a lot of you will say "we do have to put on buffs to make our dps higher" Im talking about being able to DPS at ALL you need the buffs, cuz that is what it is for the justicar.
    Last edited by spitfirek; 04-24-2011 at 06:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread