+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally understand why so many Clerics don't heal in warfonts

Default I finally understand why so many Clerics don't heal in warfonts

So I left my rogue and rolled a Cleric because I was tired of constantly complaining about the lack of healing in warfronts. We always had plenty of Clerics but none of them were heal speced. This was very very frustrating especially since I placed the blame of us always losing on the lack of healing.

Like I said, I ended up rerolling a Cleric specced Sent/War/Pur. I know that its only the 10-19 bracket so it might not be true for the rest of the levels but what I have seen has changed how I view warfronts. Even when we have 2-3 healers we still lose so many warfronts. I noticed that several of the dps'ers do not even attempt to attack the fang carrier. They fight on the wrong side of the field. They stop and fight pets. They do not attack healers. They just attack the first thing that crosses their path.

I understand that there may be some new players who do not understand how warfronts work so I start by explaining that we need to kill the fang carrier. So I ask them to please target healers or the fang carrier. This did nothing so I resort to saying that if you are fighting on the wrong side of the field or obviously not attacking the fang I will stop healing them. In response I simply got "Don't heal me". Its like some people do not care about willing they just want that one kill. Its that annoying Call of Duty mentality that I will never understand.

So this is my official apology to all the Clerics who I might have placed blame on when they did not deserve it. I now realize that there are just several people who do not care about actually winning warfronts. I now understand why so many people might give up on healing. Sometimes its just better to go out and play Rambo with the rest of them. I do plan on sticking with my Cleric and healing warfonts despite the other players.

Tzadkiel - Dayblind | Defiant

Plane Touched

The worst part is when you are healing a group and a rogue hits you and the group does NOTHING.

The situational awareness required to be a good healer (especially as a hybrid in WF) is nothing near what is required for a 'DPS' (read: idiot nub) to play the same game.

The best part is when a tank gives you **** or rolls on your items. Then I just let them die at the end of every boss and encounter. No words, no threats, just constant death.
    Last edited by Combatvolcano; 04-19-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Why should we heal when people attack us and dps do nothing? Why should we heal it isnt our only role? Why arent all rogues bards? why arent all mages chloro? **** please
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    From now on I discriminate against addon users. No addons will be allowed in my groups. /discussion.
    Does that mean no vent?

Stand up and Fight.

Soulwalker

I always protect the healers and the fang carrier. Common sense.

i was in a warfront once where the same two rogues were jumping me as soon as they saw me. One of our mages started peeling for me; we were winning for a bit... until they realized he was peeling and blew him up because he wasn't pyro and was squishy

...of course they turned on me after that and dropped me pretty quick too.

my gear is bad mind you... spec isn't the greatest. not complaining about dying, but...

immediately afterwards some guy goes "COME ON, where's the heals?!"

I respecced to cabalist.

Plane Walker

There have been times I have been healing a group and there DPS is so low it isn't even worth it.

It can get pretty sad at time. Premades can help a lot for that.

I feel you, I'm 50 been doing WFs all day pure healing and people whine about healing all day but they never make the effort to PROTECT healers. If you see someone bombing on a healer CC and DPS them!! Watch your healer's bar just like they are watching yours.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by medicated View Post
    I feel you, I'm 50 been doing WFs all day pure healing and people whine about healing all day but they never make the effort to PROTECT healers. If you see someone bombing on a healer CC and DPS them!! Watch your healer's bar just like they are watching yours.
    sign! ! ! ! ! !

Cool beans.

Plane Touched

This thread should be at the top of the EULA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pithius View Post
    So I left my rogue and rolled a Cleric because I was tired of constantly complaining about the lack of healing in warfronts. We always had plenty of Clerics but none of them were heal speced. This was very very frustrating especially since I placed the blame of us always losing on the lack of healing.

Like I said, I ended up rerolling a Cleric specced Sent/War/Pur. I know that its only the 10-19 bracket so it might not be true for the rest of the levels but what I have seen has changed how I view warfronts. Even when we have 2-3 healers we still lose so many warfronts. I noticed that several of the dps'ers do not even attempt to attack the fang carrier. They fight on the wrong side of the field. They stop and fight pets. They do not attack healers. They just attack the first thing that crosses their path.

I understand that there may be some new players who do not understand how warfronts work so I start by explaining that we need to kill the fang carrier. So I ask them to please target healers or the fang carrier. This did nothing so I resort to saying that if you are fighting on the wrong side of the field or obviously not attacking the fang I will stop healing them. In response I simply got "Don't heal me". Its like some people do not care about willing they just want that one kill. Its that annoying Call of Duty mentality that I will never understand.

So this is my official apology to all the Clerics who I might have placed blame on when they did not deserve it. I now realize that there are just several people who do not care about actually winning warfronts. I now understand why so many people might give up on healing. Sometimes its just better to go out and play Rambo with the rest of them. I do plan on sticking with my Cleric and healing warfonts despite the other players.

Tzadkiel - Dayblind | Defiant
    You have been lucky to experience only that. Later on, as some have pointed out, the worst part is being focus fired as soon as you are identified as a healer, and nobody is there to protect you. It honestly is the single biggest contributor why I usually do not do pure healing in warfronts. I end up healing A LOT LESS as a pure healer than when I play kiter/tank/dps + healer, because I die a lot less, therefore stay in the battle a lot more and heal people passively or simply as I go, because I can take care of myself to some degree. As a pure healer, you have to depend on others to take care of you, otherwise if you are only healing yourself to stay alive your role as a healer is pointless.... and very boring and unrewarding.
    Last edited by Melkrow; 04-19-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Combatvolcano View Post
    This thread should be at the top of the EULA.
    I second that motion.

/signed

I hate when teammates run AWAY from me or LOS me when they are getting hurt. I understand that they are trying to run away from danger, but it's counterproductive when they run away from someone who can actually help them.

Anyways...

Sometimes it's just hard to heal effectively in PvP. Some people are just too stupid. Some people die too fast. The healing interface sucks. LoS/range issues. Sometimes, it's just better to blow the mana on AoE healing instead of wasting a lot of time trying to heal specific people. Obviously, focused healing is best, but thousands of AoE healing does make a difference. In PUG fights, a lot of damage is unfocused, so AoE healing isn't as wasteful as you'd think.

Yeah that is the nature of pugs, and I've noticed it gets worse as you get higher level. The opposing faction really nails healers at higher levels. Plus most regulars in WF's have gotten to know you by now and know whether to take you out fast or not.

Sometimes though you get a lucky pug, with people your met along the way and things go well.
    But mostly, try to get a regular group to do WF's even if its not your guild. Even if its only 5-6 out of the whole raid it can make the difference.

but we're still the most fun

welcome to warfront PUG hell
    your options are:

1) go DPS and actually kill things/get things done, but probably die repeatedly

or

2) go heals and pray to the almighty muscular jesus that at least one of your DPS isn't completely terrible

it's the same way in every MMORPG
    I swear people are playing with their nose only or something - the badness is mind boggling.
    |: Zapafaz - 5x Mage :| |: Kethirus - 50 Cleric :| |: Zahrivesi - Levelling Rogue :| |: Feynara - 2x Warrior :|

- Faeblight ◊ Bahmi -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast