+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Focus for healing clerics!!!

Default Focus for healing clerics!!!

Just wanted to share. I was grouped with a mage the other night. He kept showing me his epic loots, telling me how I need to gear up and that chloros are the best healers ever. He then asked me what my spell focus is so, I told him it was zero. I was told that I needed more focus to tanks from dodging my heals. LOL! I wish I would have recorded the vent convo. Anyhow, he then went into detail about rogue tanks having high dodge and if I don't have focus that my heals would miss.

That is the type of player that you'd love to walk up to and smack in the back of the head really hard.

Some people are so clueless.
    Mystify - Dwarf Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur

Ascendant

Not gonna lie, I lol'd. Best geared n00b ever!
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Plane Touched

Maybe you just got super trolled and now he's probably reading this forum post laughing his *** off.

Not sure which of you is the worse noob, you with zero focus or him with his cluelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Abazigal View Post
    Not sure which of you is the worse noob, you with zero focus or him with his cluelessness.
    Not sure which is the worse troll, the noob telling a healer to have focus, or you.

Im not even trolling. If your gear is so crappy that u have 0 focus even as a healer it means ur that bad.

Besides every healer should be versatil and have a dps spec at the very least, if only Inq for purge.

Noob.

Im not even trolling. If your gear is so crappy that u have 0 focus even as a healer it means ur that bad.

Besides every healer should be versatil and have a dps spec at the very least, if only Inq for purge.

Noob.
    a lot of the best cleric gear doesnt have focus on it at all so i really dont know where you are coming from. in my pure healing gear my focus is less than half what i use to dps in dungeons and it would be lower still bar the fact i have a couple of pieces with the runes on that i couldnt be bothered to get a second version of.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    a lot of the best cleric gear doesnt have focus on it at all so i really dont know where you are coming from. in my pure healing gear my focus is less than half what i use to dps in dungeons and it would be lower still bar the fact i have a couple of pieces with the runes on that i couldnt be bothered to get a second version of.
    Point being you still have more than ZERO focus, even with no dps gear.

And you are wrong, our better gear especially weapons do have decent focus on em.

Example http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8ACEC3BB...incts#Comments , it is one of the easier obtainable and one of the better weapons, it alone has 80 focus, lets not mention accessory although I agree most of those focus ones are for dps.

Anyway, having zero focus is bad.

The OP never mentioned being 50 though.
    Ambassador of the Ascendant Vigilance Guardian faction, Shadefallen Shard

"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."
    - The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia, chapter 47 (by Samuel Johnson)

Why would anyone discuss gear pre 50 then? It is not logical.

And even if you are not 50 you are bound to have more than zero focus lol, I cant imagine any pure healer lvling up from 1-50 without solo grinding a few times at least.

Soulwalker

Why would anyone discuss gear pre 50 then? It is not logical.

And even if you are not 50 you are bound to have more than zero focus lol, I cant imagine any pure healer lvling up from 1-50 without solo grinding a few times at least.
    I think your pet tarantula is missing you right about now.

Ok dupe, now move along puppy.

Soulwalker

hmm i have 0 focus in my heal gear dont see whats wrong with that. I got 221 in my melee gear and 224 in my range dps gear. Dont see why i would run around with focus on my heal gear where its useless. It used to be the case i had focus in my heal gear but has since then replaced those pieces with gear whitout focus cause they have better starts otherwise like more spell power etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayem View Post
    hmm i have 0 focus in my heal gear dont see whats wrong with that. I got 221 in my melee gear and 224 in my range dps gear. Dont see why i would run around with focus on my heal gear where its useless. It used to be the case i had focus in my heal gear but has since then replaced those pieces with gear whitout focus cause they have better starts otherwise like more spell power etc.
    Now all thats left is reading the OP again, understand it and conclude which of them the bigger noob is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast