+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Purifier!

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default Purifier!

    I'm looking for a high scale healing build that utilizes purifier.

    I heard of 32/32 or something like that

    can anyone please post thier purifier builds and just give a short explination of why its good

    PS. i'm tired of applying hots and being a warden i dont think its that great, any imput would be appreciated

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vezo View Post
    I'm looking for a high scale healing build that utilizes purifier.

    I heard of 32/32 or something like that

    can anyone please post thier purifier builds and just give a short explination of why its good

    PS. i'm tired of applying hots and being a warden i dont think its that great, any imput would be appreciated
    There is no high scale healing build that utilizes purifier. If you want to cast 3s heals back to back and that's all you do for the entire fight because you have terrible HPS (including shields) and run into more mana issues than most builds, go for it.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Jmerlin is just a troll. 34/32 Puri/Sent is the build. It's all over the forums.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    Jmerlin is just a troll. 34/32 Puri/Sent is the build. It's all over the forums.
    Ket is your average noob who just reads forums for builds instead of actually making his own, testing, and playing the game.

    Almost everyone who is oblivious to healing as a cleric will shove this notion of "puri/sent is standard, its best tank healing spec" down your throat because they all have glanced @ cleric boards and seen people claim it's superior at healing tanks.

    This is flawed, it is not, and every one of them is easily dismissed as a noob. It'll do fine, but it's not even close to the best. There's a massive gap between "just works" and "does well." If you don't mind just barely getting by with a build the worst clerics on my server use and live by, then by all means go for it.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara HighFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vezo View Post
    I'm looking for a high scale healing build that utilizes purifier.

    I heard of 32/32 or something like that

    can anyone please post thier purifier builds and just give a short explination of why its good

    PS. i'm tired of applying hots and being a warden i dont think its that great, any imput would be appreciated
    34/32 Pur/Sent that utilizes HI, HG and HB.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless


  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    JMerlin is not wrong in this. Common understanding is that purifier does not scale. 34w\32s 51w\15s 15w\51s good raid mixes that scale well. Lots of others as well I'm sure, but Purifier hasn't got any play since T1's from any of the groups I've been in.

  7. #7
    Rift Master Rhendali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Disclaimer: everything in this post is my opinion based off my experience with each spec.

    I hate the purifier tree. The notion that 34 Purifier/32 Sentinel is the best tank healing build is complete garbage. The only true worth I see in the Purifier tree is the 51 point build for MT healing in raids and in that case you need one, maybe (but unlikely) two, in the entire raid. Then there's the fact that it is by far the easiest, most boring healing spec to play.

    For 5 mans, my spec is 34 Sentinel/16 Warden/16 Purifier. I have another, very similar build (34/27/5) that I use for PvP, OT and raid healing . Then I have my Senticar spec (albeit heavily modified from the most popular version) for raid encounters that require a lot of AE healing (Lord Greenscale, Alsbeth and the bone dragon are the only fights I need it for). The senticar spec that I use looks a lot like a chloro on the meter (200-300 dps and 900-1.4k hps) and it's a ton of fun.
    Last edited by Rhendali; 04-19-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    I am pretty sure I and all the other clerics in top guilds were using Puri/Sent before it was all over these boards.

    51 Purifier is bad, just bad. The only place it would ever have in a raid is for Greenscale, and that isn't needed.

  9. #9
    Ascendant paspinall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    There is no high scale healing build that utilizes purifier. If you want to cast 3s heals back to back and that's all you do for the entire fight because you have terrible HPS (including shields) and run into more mana issues than most builds, go for it.
    which is why the half and half build is very commonly used and by no means do i just do 3s/3s/3s etc.

    Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse


  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    which is why the half and half build is very commonly used and by no means do i just do 3s/3s/3s etc.
    If you don't mind doing a bit of theory craft (can't use zam for this),
    Could you look at the tool tip on Purifier for Ancestoral Flame and Restorative Flame? Those being the signature heal combination for Purifier.

    Compare that against Healing Invocation+Lasting Invocation in Sentinel at highest level. The two should be fairly comparable as far as raw healing output, the difference in heal over time vs shield on the tail end.

    Now check out Serendipity in Sentinel with high stacked spell crit. That is the largest difference between the two heal methods and it is a HUGE difference in practice. Tack on Healers Haste and Covenant you'll see an even wider spread start to appear.

    Purifier's 31 point skill is pretty awesome with 35 in warden, well, it was until they nixxed 20% of the healing, kinda kills the point of splitting into purifier for it. When healing breath can be spec'd in sent for 3 points to pickup multiple targets AND all of your AOE's now reduce 5% damage.

    Warden... does exactly as advertised, it's throughput is unrivaled by either of the other two. It just lacks utility. Having just come out of RoS on Monday, I've got the parses in front of me from the different clerics and the builds. Our one purifier build was for AOE using surging flames... turned out to be a failure. He'll be going 34w\32s for the next raid and we'll have a bard\chloro doing the AOE healing.

    tl;dr Just can't see a good reason to put anything into Puri anymore.
    Last edited by CericX; 04-20-2011 at 06:38 AM.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    I am pretty sure I and all the other clerics in top guilds were using Puri/Sent before it was all over these boards.

    51 Purifier is bad, just bad. The only place it would ever have in a raid is for Greenscale, and that isn't needed.
    I was using sent/pur during headstart when we were first hitting 50. I used it through every T1 and some T2s. I used sent/ward in beta and I use it now, and I only used sent/pur after some theorycrafting with a buddy. After seeing how bad things were at 50, it didn't remain for very long.

    I consistently massively outperform sent/purs, so I'm not worried when someone tries to tell me it's superior. I just laugh at them.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Except for 36+ sentinel HI bonus, RF actually scales better with gear then HI due to higher sp coefficient. at about 40ish Sent, they get about the same coefficient but for the 34/32 build, as your gear gets better, RF starts to catch up to HI's heal amount except it also has the shield.

    pre experts I was doing about 1750ish HI (not counting LI), and 1500ish RFs, now with t1/t2 mixed gear its now doing 1900-1950k HI and 1800ish RFs.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 04-20-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    Except for 36+ sentinel HI bonus, RF actually scales better with gear then HI due to higher sp coefficient. at about 40ish Sent, they get about the same coefficient but for the 34/32 build, as your gear gets better, RF starts to catch up to HI's heal amount except it also has the shield.

    pre experts I was doing about 1750ish HI (not counting LI), and 1500ish RFs, now with t1/t2 mixed gear its now doing 1900-1950k HI and 1800ish RFs.
    I'm doing 2200 unbuffed HIs and 2700-3000 with party/raid buffs depending on composition (archon heal buffs, cleric tank, etc all make a huge difference in HPS capability). The shield is inconsequential because in raids it's nearly meaningless. The tank will have 3-4 stacks of SS and therefore 3-4 overflows almost always up on him along with pre-casted HIs that will hit from 2000-3000 noncrit, as well as orbs and shield procs (I do believe they stack). Spamming RF as I've seen in some RoS and GSB videos is just plain bad.

    And when it comes down to it, when you really look at things and test things out, the only thing purifier has to offer as a combination with sentinel is those shields on RF. And I don't think the tradeoff is even slightly worth it.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 04-20-2011 at 07:28 AM.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara CericX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Purifier is supposed to be getting some love in 1.2 in regards to scaling, so might be better to re-evaluate after.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    I'm doing 2200 unbuffed HIs and 2700-3000 with party/raid buffs depending on composition (archon heal buffs, cleric tank, etc all make a huge difference in HPS capability). The shield is inconsequential because in raids it's nearly meaningless. The tank will have 3-4 stacks of SS and therefore 3-4 overflows almost always up on him along with pre-casted HIs that will hit from 2000-3000 noncrit, as well as orbs and shield procs (I do believe they stack). Spamming RF as I've seen in some RoS and GSB videos is just plain bad.

    And when it comes down to it, when you really look at things and test things out, the only thing purifier has to offer as a combination with sentinel is those shields on RF. And I don't think the tradeoff is even slightly worth it.
    I like 51 sent/15puri for ST raid healing (3k st heals ftw); 32/34 for T2 dungeon runs because it is ezmode.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts