+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey Trion can you give us Clerics a free respec until the ability exploit fix?

Default Hey Trion can you give us Clerics a free respec until the ability exploit fix?

Hey how about a free respec untill the Bug is fixed.

I have 4 souls and all 4 have at least one blocked ability.

I run Justicar/Cab Sentinal/Cab Inquis/Cab Sentinal/Pure

50 Gold to respec for one of my builds plus training cost,
    made me spend some PLAT last night.

This should be free on the Cleric Trainer untill the fix.

If the fix is on the way within a couple of days then,
    I am ok with no change to the trainer and I will run with my Mage ALT.
    "The Lips of Wisdom Are Closed, Except To The Ears of Understanding."

Plane Touched

I respec'd out of this too, cost me like 10 platinum to retrain and now I almost certainly won't have a mount even at 50 let alone in the 40's. I don't think they realize (read: care or understand) how hugely negative an impact this disabling of abilities has on the players... it's not just one ability disabled, it's your whole playstyle challenged or ruined and a huge cost to try to get around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatvolcano View Post
    I respec'd out of this too, cost me like 10 platinum to retrain and now I almost certainly won't have a mount even at 50 let alone in the 40's. I don't think they realize (read: care or understand) how hugely negative an impact this disabling of abilities has on the players... it's not just one ability disabled, it's your whole playstyle challenged or ruined and a huge cost to try to get around it.
    This is what I am talking about.

At least let us respec for free untill we find a build we can use untill the fix.

I am not asking for Free Training but let me train and then Respec for free, untill I find the right build that works.

Champion of Telara

because 50g to respec is sooooooooooooo expensive.

training is expensive, but cmon, *****ing about 50g per respec? There's more important things for them to do. Especially if you haven't trained all soul skills yet, you'll spend 10 times that atleast on training.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 04-19-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Telaran

What abilities were blocked out?

Are you guys just talking about Shards of Light?
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Plane Walker

That is your punishment for exploiting it in the first place? ;)

Trion is giving away too much free crap anyways. 50g is nothing. I spend 10 times that or more on one artifact sometimes. You only have to respec 1 time to drop the broken/locked out ability. Why the hell would they give you free training and free respecs? I could see them giving you a free respec on your one broken tree, but other than that, no. Once you train you are done training forever, so you have to pay for that (and it is the most expensive part).

Learn to farm and make cash.
    Last edited by Vidrak; 04-19-2011 at 09:59 AM.

What exploit?

I can't possibly think of any way how both disabled spells could be exploited.

It can't be because they are both channeled, cause we also have decay, harsh discipline and agressive renewal, they work the same way and are still available.

I assume mages have similar spells which aren't disabled either?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    because 50g to respec is sooooooooooooo expensive.

training is expensive, but cmon, *****ing about 50g per respec? There's more important things for them to do. Especially if you haven't trained all soul skills yet, you'll spend 10 times that atleast on training.
    I chose to run a new Warden spec and trained all the way up. (51 Warden)

It is not only the 50 gold but the training that goes with it that cost the most.

Yes 50 Gold will not break me, But I may not know the Warden tree and may need to spend another 50 gold untill I find the right spec.

So 50 Gold to you or me is not much but what about the lower level people?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidrak View Post

Trion is giving away too much free crap anyways. 50g is nothing. I spend 10 times that or more on one artifact sometimes. You only have to respec 1 time to drop the broken/locked out ability. Why the hell would they give you free training and free respecs? I could see them giving you a free respec on your one broken tree, but other than that, no. Once you train you are done training forever, so you have to pay for that (and it is the most expensive part).

Please Please Please I never exploited this ability!

I am posting this for the Population not me!

OP US CLERICS! Not me!

Not everyone is ubar rich like yourself!

I have to plenty of Plat to pay for it and then make my plat back selling someone like yourself my Healing or Mana potions or maybe even a 22 slot bag!

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    What exploit?

I can't possibly think of any way how both disabled spells could be exploited.

It can't be because they are both channeled, cause we also have decay, harsh discipline and agressive renewal, they work the same way and are still available.

I assume mages have similar spells which aren't disabled either?
    From what I have read if you have mutilple Clerics using these 2 Spells a certain way they do Ubar damge!

I never saw this but some have posted Screen shots of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidrak View Post

BTW I did see your wink. ;)

I just wanted to be a drama Queen and QQ for a moment.

/ breath

It just sucks for the lower level people with little to no cash.

this is nothing but qq thread.

if u dont already have every single skill in every soul tree trained to max then u are doing something wrong.
    BORING

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Darknightosb View Post
    I chose to run a new Warden spec and trained all the way up. (51 Warden)

It is not only the 50 gold but the training that goes with it that cost the most.

Yes 50 Gold will not break me, But I may not know the Warden tree and may need to spend another 50 gold untill I find the right spec.

So 50 Gold to you or me is not much but what about the lower level people?
    the dude I responded to said he would pay the training but wanted a free respec (lol?)

btw, lower level people don't pay 50g to respec; the respec cost scales with your level capping out at 50g at level 50.

training skill sis one thing, but I thought everyone figured into a 1 time cost at L50 to train all your trees up. if not, you will spend it eventually, and it's a ONE TIME COST to train. Stop being cheap and just do it.

btw for the record, I pvp mostly, and am casual player due to family, F/T job and things to do. I still don't see the point in *****ing about a 50g respec. WOOOOO 50g END OF THE WORLD! sell 1 stack of spellspun cloth and WOW YOU CAN AFFORD TWO RESPECS!

... to person asking why they were disabled: with 2 clerics rotating shards of light or distorted shadows, you could stack up the "per tick" damage to absurd amounts... like 30k non crit ticks after ~100ish stacks on boss dummies. Ironic part is it still works with rank 5 SoL and below. harsh discipline/Agressive renewal and such are on long cooldowns so don't work. Not sure why it doesn't work with decay, but it doesn't.

it essentially allowed 2-3 clerics to run t1/t2 dungeons as a 2-3 man with a total point investment of 6 in sentinel and 8 in justicar for salvation.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 04-19-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    this is nothing but qq thread.

if u dont already have every single skill in every soul tree trained to max then u are doing something wrong.
    Please Read the OP.

This is not about QQ.

It is about Trion not able to resolve issue with our Sentinal and Cabalist ability and alowing us to respec for free untill they find a fix..

If you were a Rouge and Trion breaks one of your Cadence abilities, you would be upset.
    If you were a Warrior and Trion break one of your Taunts, you would be upset.
    If you were a Mage and Trion breaks one of your Mana regen, you would be upset.

Clerics are not working as intended. (THAT IS A FACT)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast