+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Share your Healing UI

Default Share your Healing UI

Hey gang,

I was wondering if any of you amazing T1/T2 healers would mind posting your UI?

I'm one of those clerics who'll gladly assist heal on a particular fight, but do my absolute darnedest to avoid MHing an expert because I lack confidence and still get confused, despite research and study. I leveled up quickly and skipped dungeons on my way to 50. When I hit 50, I had no experience with a healing spell beyond those gifted to me within the first, say, 10 pts into a particular tree.

Biggest reason I'd appreciate seeing your UI is to view your layout of abilities, how many action bars you use, etc. Guessing your spec shouldn't be a big issue, but seeing what spells are the most called upon and which are the most ignored would better help me assess my own priorities (without repeated wipes to innocent group members). FWIW: I do realize that some situations will require breaking with your usual tendencies.

I don't have a favorite spec per se. I keep a 32/34 Sent/Pur on hand, but all those oh-crap buttons, buff-to-next-cast spells and all make it quite a build to get used to. Going from no healing to essentially two full trees in a single build is a bit of information overload, so any SS's would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Soulwalker

bump bump, I too would really appreciate this.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Denna View Post
    Hey gang,

I'm one of those clerics who'll gladly assist heal on a particular fight, but do my absolute darnedest to avoid MHing an expert because I lack confidence and still get confused, despite research and study. I leveled up quickly and skipped dungeons on my way to 50. When I hit 50, I had no experience with a healing spell beyond those gifted to me within the first, say, 10 pts into a particular tree.

Biggest reason I'd appreciate seeing your UI is to view your layout of abilities, how many action bars you use, etc. Guessing your spec shouldn't be a big issue, but seeing what spells are the most called upon and which are the most ignored would better help me assess my own priorities (without repeated wipes to innocent group members). FWIW: I do realize that some situations will require breaking with your usual tendencies.

I don't have a favorite spec per se. I keep a 32/34 Sent/Pur on hand, but all those oh-crap buttons, buff-to-next-cast spells and all make it quite a build to get used to. Going from no healing to essentially two full trees in a single build is a bit of information overload, so any SS's would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
    As for the buff to next spell buttons and the confusion and hesatation caused by the confusion, macros are your friend, come up with a couple macros to make the best use of your cooldowns and you will have less hesatation trying to figure out what to use when, less hesatation means less deaths, less deaths means more confidence, common "oh crap" macro for your current heal spec;
    #show Touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Healing Invocation
    /p Emergency healing is down for 45 seconds

this will give you 1 button to press 3 times and put a nice 3-4k insta heal on your target, properly specced it also has a nice HoT back end and you procced serendipity with your crit so you can follow up with another nice big heal with fast cast time so that in about 4 seconds time you toss out nearly 8k heals into one person

http://img847.imageshack.us/i/20110419050458.jpg/

That is what I use personally. I shrunk it down a bit but that works best for me. Again, others will have their own setups but having my healings on the number keys is easy. I have no damaging skills equiped if you haven't noticed as this role is pure instance healing only.

Prophet of Telara

just use a lot of keybindings and 5bars. #horizontial and 2 vertical is what i use.

i use `, 1-5,q, e,r, f, z, x, c, f1-f5, 3mouse buttons (wheel and the 2 side ones), and i find enough space for my 'active abilities'. the 2 vertical bars are used for buffs/consumables, teleports, mounts, rolesswapping, etc.

i have macro'ed all my basic heals (except crap buttons) with @mouseover, i have macro'ed all my cleanses in 1 button, and i have 1 crap button macroed (ttl+flashover+flame)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim45682 View Post
    As for the buff to next spell buttons and the confusion and hesatation caused by the confusion, macros are your friend, come up with a couple macros to make the best use of your cooldowns and you will have less hesatation trying to figure out what to use when, less hesatation means less deaths, less deaths means more confidence, common "oh crap" macro for your current heal spec;
    #show Touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Healing Invocation
    /p Emergency healing is down for 45 seconds

this will give you 1 button to press 3 times and put a nice 3-4k insta heal on your target, properly specced it also has a nice HoT back end and you procced serendipity with your crit so you can follow up with another nice big heal with fast cast time so that in about 4 seconds time you toss out nearly 8k heals into one person
    Thanks Jim, I actually have that macro already and have it bound to my mouse's search button (just below the scroll wheel).

I think one of my secret shames is going to be outed soon, so I'll confess it here in advance:

I hate WASD. Never been able to use it. WASD + number keys always seemed silly to me, don't know why. For over 5 years now, ALL movement, be it strafing, autorunning, mounting, etc has been bound to my mouse. I've been using 7+ button mice for years and I can't imagine gaming without one. Currently using the Logitech 1000mx (it's been discontinued).

All my abilities, whether it's a DPS, tank or heal spec have been bound to Q-Y, A-H, and Z-V. Depending on the class, role or game, I might keep my stances, aspects or buffs bound to the number keys. Shift or Alt modifiers allowed melee abilities or group buffs to replace ranged abilities or self buffs without any trouble.

While I've always been alert and a pretty good reactionary player, I've never been reliant on my mouse cursor for any length of time. Whether I was kiting mobs or skirting fire, I could move, shoot, shift stances or lay traps on the fly, easy peasy, as my target(s) were usually selected already. Now, with the prospect of mouseover healing (my macro collection is full of them) I'm worried I won't be able to maintain mobility and twitch healing when required as my mouse can't exactly be in two places at once.

Aside from that, I'm sure I'll adapt.

Been out of game for a few days, but I'll post a screenshot a bit later with what I've got set up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Denna View Post
    Hey gang,

I'm using the standard Rift-UI, no idea what UI others are using though.

RIFT Guide Writer

http://img39.imageshack.us/f/20110416203617.jpg/

90% of my abilities are keybound to mouseover macros. Some are hard to see, and some I have abilities on there that are macro'd to other abilities (TtL and Flashover for instance). Whereas Flashover itself is on my bars without a macro, this is simply to allow me to watch the CD.

http://img193.imageshack.us/i/20110411162043.jpg/

When healing group instead of raid the player portraits go directly above mine
    Thelen 50 Cleric
    GM of Dexteram Telara

+ Reply to Thread