+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone suggest a good levelling build for a Cleric??

Shadowlander

Default Can anyone suggest a good levelling build for a Cleric??

I have decided I want to power level it out to 50 via quests, can anyone please suggest a good build?

I am hearing about shaman/druid/inquisitor and the cabalist/sentinel/inquisitor but no idea how many points to put in each :S

Thanks

Plane Touched

sham/sen/inquisitor.youll steam roll every thing. 45/10/11. crit crit crit. i love it.
    Last edited by Zeropride; 04-18-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    I really enjoy the fact this topic has NOTHING to do about Rift, and it turned into a Rift fest.

I'm just gonna report my own thread and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropride View Post
    sham/sen/inquisitor.youll steam roll every thing. 45/10/11. crit crit crit. i love it.
    Is this good to start with for an ALt from level 1 to 50?

If so could you post your build please and skill combo used?

new to this build and new help

see a link in my signature, i'm sure it will be helpful to you.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

I've been using something like this: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...l-Cleric-Guide from mid 20s to level 40 (where I am now)

I split a bit more down the middle on justicar/shaman, I feel like the dps is a bit low, although that could just be due to me being mostly alone (I tend to play off peak times). although it is nice luring 3-4 mobs and using avalanche strike + maelstrom and being able to tank it. add in purpose and ageless ice and it keeps the mana flowing. that seems to speed things up much nicer than only using single target attacks, and have 2 ranged spells for luring.

I've heard good things about the inquisitor + justicar just haven't gotten around to playing, going to try to power up to level 50 this week.

Telaran

Leveled as Shaman/Justicar with 0pts sent for healing breath.
    One button macro makes it effortless for the mindless quests (two in case of aoe), always full health due to salvation, killed mobs pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    One button macro makes it effortless for the mindless quests (two in case of aoe), always full health due to salvation, killed mobs pretty quickly.
    Can you poat your build mate, with some detail of point choices for levelling up and combo skills used

Or your macro would be good

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    did you go 12 in Just then up Shaman? I was considering something like that im only 20 right now so it would be 14 Sham/12 Just/0Sent

Rift Disciple

Sham/just/sent is fantastic, really boring if you use macro's cause you can pretty much macro it all into just 1 macro, or a macro and 2 heal buttons if you want some extra pressing..

But level 16 and i can sit and have 4 mobs pound on me and leave with 90% mana, just need to take them down 1 at a time until i pick up an aoe ability..Fun to just plow through everything with out any downtime, but def boring..
    Your mom likes me better...

"Mess with the Best and die like the Rest"

I leveled using mainly Inquisitor til mid-30s when I switched to Justicar. Justicar was a breath of fresh air. I thought I was unstoppable with my Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden build. After switching to Justicar/Shaman/Cabalist I don't even have to stop for mana.
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary

Quote Originally Posted by DepricatedZero View Post
    I leveled using mainly Inquisitor til mid-30s when I switched to Justicar. Justicar was a breath of fresh air. I thought I was unstoppable with my Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden build. After switching to Justicar/Shaman/Cabalist I don't even have to stop for mana.
    i currently running Inq/Cab at 20 would you suggest sticking with that till 30's or is Just/Sham just as viable in the 20's..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerdude View Post
    Sham/just/sent is fantastic, really boring if you use macro's cause you can pretty much macro it all into just 1 macro, or a macro and 2 heal buttons if you want some extra pressing..

But level 16 and i can sit and have 4 mobs pound on me and leave with 90% mana, just need to take them down 1 at a time until i pick up an aoe ability..Fun to just plow through everything with out any downtime, but def boring..

I find mixing Shaman and Justicar abilities to the same macro is a bad idea, especially on PVP servers. Shaman abilities don't grant convictions and there are lots of times you need heals.

I have macros for Shaman melee, Justicar melee, reactives, aoe, and heals. Even then, 4-5 buttons is pretty easy mode.

Btw, shaman/Justicar is a really good leveling spec. You almost never run out of mana and can go non stop. You also make a good tank for the occasional instance.

I'm using a variation on the standard Inq/Justicar build by investing more heavily in Justicar. So my cast sequence is vex on 4 or 5 mobs, soul drain, even justice (hits 5), soul drain.

It feels nearly as fast as other AoE builds, but it's also much, much safer. With vex and heavy justicar, my cleric is practically unkillable. Justicar also has a good mana recovery skill.

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    I'm using a variation on the standard Inq/Justicar build by investing more heavily in Justicar. So my cast sequence is vex on 4 or 5 mobs, soul drain, even justice (hits 5), soul drain.

It feels nearly as fast as other AoE builds, but it's also much, much safer. With vex and heavy justicar, my cleric is practically unkillable. Justicar also has a good mana recovery skill.
    looks like earliest I could try this one is 24 ill have to give it a shot in 4 levels.. thats my main issue with the inq/cab build very fragile so looking for something new to try...

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    looks like earliest I could try this one is 24 ill have to give it a shot in 4 levels.. thats my main issue with the inq/cab build very fragile so looking for something new to try...
    Yup. I felt the same way about the Inq/cab or heavy Inq builds. They are good, but not as tough as I'd like, especially for AoE leveling. When things are going well, they are fine. But if something goes wrong...you're in trouble.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast