+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shamanidruicar - Best melee cleric build

Ascendant

Default Shamanidruicar - Best melee cleric build

Yes, I'm making fun of your ridiculous naming conventions. Teal with it.

Anyway, the build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...x00t0s0z.VV0Vh
    The macro:
    #show Strike of Judgment
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Jolt
    cast Strike of Judgment

You basically get the best damaging abilities from the Shaman and Druid trees (the ones the other FotM uses), along with quite a bit of defensive ability from Justicar, along with great group healing on top of your infinite mana.

I'm pulling 600-650 DPS self-buffed, along with 100hps without even popping the AoE heals (which are the best in the game).
    Last edited by Tranquility; 04-18-2011 at 12:06 PM.

I'd probably skip all the shaman buffs to physical damage as you're using Justicar skills.

I started this path, and might have stuck with it if you got a new pet lower in the druid tree.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    I'd probably skip all the shaman buffs to physical damage as you're using Justicar skills.
    It helps a few.

And I guess the alternative of damage reduction and healing increase is good.

And I would edit the OP to add the changed build, but you can't edit posts after a few minutes. So dumb.
    Last edited by Tranquility; 04-18-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Prophet of Telara

is there a reason you put your reactives on bottom and not on top? seems weird to me.

lightining hammer should be above massive blow as should combined effort.
    also i would remove 1 point from strike of maelstorm which untalented is meh compared to aoe healing from EJ and put it in favored of valnir for even more aoe healing goodness:P
    Last edited by shroudb; 04-18-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    also i would remove 1 point from strike of maelstorm which untalented is meh compared to aoe healing from EJ and put it in favored of valnir for even more aoe healing goodness:P
    Healing wise it is inferior. Damage wise it's far superior, and it has a 10 second CD. Using it whenever it's up is perfectly fine. It's especially good for solo leveling and farming. Pop rage of the north, strike of the maelstrom and a few EJ spams and take down entire groups in seconds.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    is there a reason you put your reactives on bottom and not on top? seems weird to me.

lightining hammer should be above massive blow as should combined effort.
    Reactives don't really matter where they are, as they get used instantly during GCD anyway.

I just love Strike of the Maelstrom though...and for me it does about 33% more damage than EJ. I took the points out of the physical damage boost to put them into damage reduction and healing taken increase already (though I can't update the OP apparently). Grabbing Glacial Shield might be worth it compared to Strike of Maelstrom though. Honestly you could also bypass Vengeful Justice in favor of more damage reduction, for a more single target, boss oriented build.

Shadowlander

sh/inq/sent is still better

Champion

ok, so i personally think you have a huge clusterF of a spec, but i'm openminded and can go along with it. I have a huge big question though... Why so far into Justicar? There aren't any increases to Justicar healing or damage after 11 points**. 12 would give you Purpose, which is unnecessary since you already have druid and shaman regen.

You're not a tank, so you don't really need the big survivability talents. I take on 5 mobs pretty easily with 0 pts in Justicar. I don't think you really need that many points in it either to maintain your hps, and dropping that investment will offer you more dps (to feed even more hps).

Personally, I'd go with a larger investment in druid. I really like the Weight of the World talent for my melee builds. Then when i decide to go that far into druid, i pop one more in and get Natural Dedication and G.Fae (very good investment for 1 point spent). G.Fae may not seem like much, but she's about a 5-7% dmg increase. Good when she's up, you won't miss her terribly when she's not there.

I'd also put a talent or two into shaman for damage. Brutalize is a good talent even without Long Memory and Frozen Embrace to feed your Massive Blows. Brutalize will make Massive Blow deal more dmg than Combined Effort and that's the point where you'd place it ahead in the macro (Frozen Embrace would accomplish this too).

I also don't like Maelstrom. It's a wasted talent point that just does too little in my opinion. The only thing i think that makes it worthwhile is being 51 into shm, and i doubt i'd ever make a 51 pt shm build (or 51 anything build). Here's my basic take on your build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tbc0z.qq0Vh0Vo

Ok, so i dropped the meat shield talents out of Justicar. You won't be tanking so you don't really need them. if i can take on 5 mobs on my shm/dru my level with 0 justicar points (i'm currently 0 pt warden for 3rd soul), then 11 Justicar should offer more than enough survivability for questing. The only time where going that deep into justicar is beneficial for a dmg/questing build is when you're on a pvp server in danger of being ganked. For non pvp servers, you won't need it and for WFs you'd use a pvp build.

Druid tree, i added 2 points to the bottom part of the tree, doesn't really matter where. I chose the heal and a point of End, but you could easily go sleep/silence or reduced casting time for your pet. It's all the same. After that, i added 5/5 for Weight of the World and then 1/1 for Natural Dedication.

Then I dropped a couple of points into Brutalize to add some back end damage onto my Massive Blow.

Finally, the last 2 points, i left blank. These points should be spent to best suit your needs and/or playstyle. You could go 2/2 into Favored for better heals on yourself. If you like what your pet adds and would like it to stay around, you could definitely go with 3/3 Heed the Call and then 1/1 of Forest Blessing. You could even go 2/5 into Frozen Embrace, afterall a boost in dmg is still a boost in dmg, even if it's a small one.

Either way you go, this way will be more dmg and more healing than the build you originally posted.

Plane Touched

I'm sorry i pull about 800 dps with my Druidshamquisitor.
    Last edited by Kama Toki; 04-18-2011 at 09:43 PM.
    Kama, Cleric of Briarcliff

Melee Chloromancer 2.0 <Shaman Justicar>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
    I'm sorry i pull about 800 dps with my Druidshamquisitor.
    You pull 650 after your pet dies.

And you don't heal at all.

Don't be sorry.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie328 View Post
    Either way you go, this way will be more dmg and more healing than the build you originally posted.
    Well, this just isn't true.

Thanks for posting another build though. Goodluck with it.

I also noticed most of your post is apparently about solo farming or something. Anything works for that really. And if you are implying melee DPS don't take damage in experts and raids, welp.
    Last edited by Tranquility; 04-19-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Ascendant

Bump.

People should have had sufficient time to test this and get back to me on how awesome it really is.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    Well, this just isn't true.

Thanks for posting another build though. Goodluck with it.

I also noticed most of your post is apparently about solo farming or something. Anything works for that really. And if you are implying melee DPS don't take damage in experts and raids, welp.
    Actually, it IS true. It's easily evident. Just look at the 11 points i cut out of Justicar and look where they went in druid and shaman.

Justicar points removed (and 1 shm point also removed from your build):
    1 pt Light Makes Right: 0 dmg
    3 pt Shield of Faith: 0dmg
    3 pt Vengeful Justice: a very slight decrease on trash pulls with 4-5 mobs. no one cares about trash anyway
    3 pt Armor of Virtue: 0 dmg
    1 pt Healers Creed: 0 dmg
    1 pt Strike of the Maelstrom: a very slight decrease on trash pulls 4-6 mobs, and STILL no one cares about trash dmg

Druid/Shm points Added:
    7 pt Weight of the World: (7 because it takes 2 points to make it to the 5 pt talent) Dmg added to every attack, 10% more crit dmg on all crits
    1 pt Natural Dedication: 5% increase to raid members, essentially a HUGE chunk of dmg. This 1 point also gives you G.Fae passively. Potentially 5-7% more single target dmg
    2 pt Brutalize: 40% more dmg on every Massive Blow
    *2 more pts to use at your discretion*

So i traded 8 points that offer ZERO extra dmg as well as 3 pts that offer very very little extra dmg on trash pulls of 4+, and gave dmg that specifically will tribute to your dps on single target, IE BOSSES, making it a much better spec. I mean, i'm not a hardcore gamer anymore, but last time i was boss dmg was more important than trash dmg...

+ Reply to Thread