SH - Sanction Heretic
    AoD - Armor of Devotion (3% crit)
    AoT - Armor of Treachery (3% damage)
    AR - Aggressive Renewal
    SoP - Sigil of Power
    SP - Spell power
    L&D - Life and Death Concord
    CP - Corporal Punishment
    RoJ - Ritual of Judgement (36+ points spent in Inq)

The Testing Data:
    Duration: 4minutes and 20 seconds
    Iterations: (for each spec) 20
    The Split: 5 BoJ + AoD, 5 BoJ + AoT, 5 BoD + AoD, 5 BoD + AoT (20 tests per spec)

What this means is I tested BoJ rotation with each armor, and BoD with each armor, 5 times for each armor.

My Stats:
    18.76% crit (without AoD, 21.76% with it)
    976 SP
    174 Focus (though I never missed once... my guess is the Boss Dummy doesn't require as much)

The Rotations:
    BoJ rotation- ST + Fanaticism + Sanction Heretic + Vex + BoJ spam until BoD proc or I had to refresh DoTs/ST.

BoD rotation- ST + Sanction Heretic + Vex + Fanaticism + BoD spamming until I need to refresh dots. There were times where casting BoD would cause an over 1second drop in my DoTs, I would use BoJ to fill these errors and refresh dots as they dropped.

Fanaticism Usage:
    In a BoJ rotation, Sanction Heretic is the best use of Fanaticism because it benefits from RoJ, and BoJ is already a weaker spell. Saving Fanaticism for a BoD proc would lower your DPS because it is RNG based. Using Fanaticism on CD will allow for the biggest net increase in DPS.

In a BoD rotation, using Fanaticism on BoD is better because it naturally hits harder than SH, even with the RoJ added bonus. My highest SH crit: 1432, Highest BoD Crit: 1659.

Spec 1
    46/15/5 Inq/Cab/Sent

The 36point Inq (Ritual of Judgement) adds 4% additional spellpower bonus on Vex and SH for each point spent in Inquisitor after 36 (aside from the 5% base it gives you). Out of a total of 60% bonus spellpower, 46 points gives you 40% bonus, so this spec only misses out on 20% bonus SP on those specific spells.

It allows you to pick up Stroke of Genius (cab) and Watchful Gaze (sent) for a total bonus of 10% spellpower, Entropy (cab) for a 5% increase on DoT and channeled spells, and Death's Grasp (cab) for a 5% increase in spell damage.

BoJ + AoD average: 556 DPS
    BoJ + AoT average: 544 DPS
    BoD + AoD average: 558 DPS
    BoD + AoT average: 545 DPS

Questions and Conclusions:
    1) Why is BoD averaging higher DPS?
    a) Casting BoD allows for you to maintain the DoT portion of it with about an 88% uptime ratio, whereas using BoJ you only have a chance to proc via L&D, and it's currently shaky. THIS IS BEING CHANGED. If the Devs were to increase the proc rate 2% it would push BoJ use over BoD in this spec.

2) The Crit armor is averaging higher, why?:
    a) It probably averages higher due to my low crit rating. After much testing, I feel the armor usage is a bellcurve and not a sloping curve. What this means is that at low-low levels of Crit, you would do more damage with AoT. At mid-levels of crit you would be better off using AoD. However, once you neared or passed the crit soft-cap, AoT would again be the best for DPS.

3) How was your mana consumption?:
    a) Throughout all of these tests I had a Bard friend using his cost reduction ability (lowers cost by 13%) and his Verse of Joy on CD (mana return). Without using my own cooldowns (which lowered my DPS by about 50 per AR OR Decay... Obliterate would bring it back up in burst though) using BoJ you can expect to go OOM within the first 1-2minutes of the fight. I CONSTANTLY had to use a potion to maintain enough mana to keep testing.

To clarify: In NONE of my tests did I use AR or Decay+Obliterate+SoP combo. I wanted to test pure DPS so I avoided anything that lowered it.

b) Using BoD rotation I could infinitely keep it up in a raid, without even going into my mana CDs. BoJ is just too mana costly over the course of most raid fights, which would force you to either potion on CD, or ask for "innervates", which would take away from the healers.

Spec 2:
    51/10/5 Inq/Cab/Sent

51 point Inq allows for the full 60% SP bonus on SH and Vex (20% more than the previous spec). Entropy over Death's Grasp for the obvious reason that with 51pt Inq, SH and Vex are your two of your largest sources of damage. Using Death's Grasp over Entropy nets a 10+ DPS loss judging from previous testing, though having more people test this would be a good idea. I maintain the 5% SP from Sentinel because dropping it netted a 40 DPS loss.

BoJ + AoD = 560 DPS
    BoJ + AoT = 559 DPS
    BoD + AoD = 562 DPS
    BoD + AoT = 570 DPS

Questions and Conclusions:
    1) A BoD rotation seems to be the best, especially when combined with AoT, is this true?
    a) Judging from my data, yes. A BoD + AoT rotation using this spec seems to be the best for sustainable DPS. A lot of the trouble I had while testing was finding outliers. If I got a lucky string of crits, I could be upwards of 600-700 DPS, however for my data I threw these out before I averaged the rest.

2) It looks like 51pt Inq is still the way to go, were you surprised?:
    a) Not really. I was more surprised at how well the 46/15/5 spec kept up with the 51pt Inquisitor. The first spec also does slightly more AoE thanks to Death's Grasp.

Commonly Asked Questions:
    1) What other specs did you try?:
    a) See below for the "Raid Spec", also provide the numbers to support it.
    2) How do you feel the upcoming changes will alter your guide?:
    a) As previously stated, in my opinion, if the Devs were only going to give us a 2% increase in L&D procs, I believe it would push a BoJ rotation over BoD rotation indefinitely.
    b) The changes in the upcoming armor will be interesting to say the least. Armor of Awakening will most likely generate the best PvE numbers.
    3) This obviously does less DPS than a Shaman or Druid build, why would you play this in a raid?
    a) I've been MMO'ing and seriously gaming for 10+ years now, and I've ALWAYS played melee. As is shown with numerous boss encounters when WoW introduced Cataclysm, Rift seems to be taking a similar stance, making it a giant flustercuck and in some cases detrimental for melee to be in on a fight.
    b) Inquisitor offers a different playing style. Not everyone wants to be melee. At the current DPS rates, and upcoming changes, I feel Inquisitor could become more competitive in a raiding environment.

4) Intellect vs. Wisdom
    a) Wisdom gives us mana regen, whereas INT provides mana pool and crit. Currently this is debatable. EDIT: Added slightly more info in #6.

5) Cloth vs Chain
    a) Since Chain currently gives no outstanding bonuses for wearing it, cloth is viable. How viable will require further testing that I am intending to do when I can gather some useful cloth. NOTE: Patch will make it so you can only wear chain.

6) Stat weights
    a) My thoughts currently are Crit > SP > Int > Wis. Spellpower because it effects all of your spells, and Vex + SH gain a huge bonus from SP. Crit to maintain CP uptime. Int over Wis because it adds to mana pool and crit, rather than just regen. However, as with the statement on cloth, it will require further testing. If you wish to see my list of Stat Conversions, please go here.

I apologize for the long guide, but hope it helps those of you who wish to play a more ranged oriented DPS cleric. I will edit my guide as the changes go live, and will be happy to answer any/all questions pertaining to it. I will also add the good community questions into the guide so that people don't have to search down the pages to find the answers.

Raid Spec 51/10/5 Inq/Sent/Warden

This is reportedly the best single-target raid DPS spec available. More testing needs to be done concerning the number variants, but enough people have reported its superior DPS that I have included it here.

Benefits:
    -Destructive Tide provides for harder initial hits of Sanction Heretic (whether crit or noncrit)
    -Waterjet is an instant cast and provides DPS while moving, very useful for raid environments where movement is paramount (Not too far behind BoJ damage either)
    -The extra 20% critical damage from Sentinel provides better DPS so long as your crit is fair
    -Armor of Devotion is preferred until about 40% crit raid buffed, where AoT >should< overtake it

NUMBER CRUNCHING
    Here's some numbers I got earlier:

51/10/5 Inq/Cab/Sent

Sanction Heretic Initial: 902-906 non crit, 1475 crit
    Vex Initial: 197, 335 crit
    SH tick: 202 normal, 334 crit
    Vex tick: 197 normal, 335 crit

51/5/10 Inq/Cab/Sent

SH Initial: 873 normal, 1666 crit
    Vex Initial: 191 normal, 363 crit
    SH tick: 196 normal, 373 crit
    Vex tick: 191 normal, 363 crit

51/5/10 Inq/Ward/Sent

SH initial: 894-899 normal, 1696 crit
    Vex initial: 197 normal, 375 crit
    SH tick: 201 normal, 383 crit
    Vex tick: 197 normal, 375 crit

NOTE:
    -All tests were on the target dummy
    -All tests were completely unbuffed
    -All tests were purely using SH and Vex in these specs, no SD was applied

Conclusions:
    -Vex is unaffected by Stroke of Genius (5%sp, Cab tree) OR Destructive Tide (10% increased instant damage)
    -Sanction Heretic's initial hit is higher (non crit) with 10 points in the Cab tree for 5% sp and 5% dot dmg
    -Subsequent Vex or SH ticks are higher with 10pts in Sent for the 20% increased Crit damage (for a total of 40%)
    -Movement fights favor Warden spec due to Waterjet being spammable during movement

On the dummy it appears that Inq/Cab/Sent hits harder, which for normal hits, is true. However, when you crit (and hopefully your crit is decently high), it ends up doing more damage overall.

1) Example Inq/Cab/Sent (51/10/5):
    SH hits 902 initial, 202 normal tick, 334 crit

2) Example Inq/Sent/Ward (51/10/5):
    SH hits 894 initial, 201 normal tick, 383 crit

3) Example Inq/Sent/Cab (51/10/5):
    SH hits 873 initial, 196 normal tick, 373 crit

-SH ticks every 3 seconds, over 15 seconds, total of 5 times. Let's assume 1 out of every 5 ticks is a crit (approximately 20% crit chance).

1 SH cast (non crit initial + subsequent ticks, 1/5 being crit):
    Spec 1: 902 + (202*4) + 335 = 2045
    Spec 2: 894 + (201*4) + 383 = 2081
    Spec 3: 873 + (196*4) + 373 = 2030

What I was able to conclude based on the data, was that 10 points in Sentinel are the make/break of the 51pt Inq builds. The DPS difference between 5pts Cab or 5pts Warden is negligible. HOWEVER, it appears given the post I linked that Vex is unaffected by the 5% spellpower, it seems to only be effected by EITHER the Sentinel, or the Cabalist 5% increase, not both. Given this information, one can conclude that the 10% instant damage increase provided by Warden, on top of the mobility Waterjet gives you during movement fights, will place this build ahead in a raid environment.

WARDEN vs. CABALIST

Interesting information, I'll go ahead and retest when I log on today.

Tested. All tests were performed on the dummy without buffs.

51/10/5 Inq/Sent/War

Vex noncrit = 192 Vex crit = 364
    SH initial noncrit = 862 SH initial crit = 1643
    SH normal tick = 195 SH crit tick = 370

51/10/0 Inq/Sent/0

Vex noncrit = 180 Vex crit = 342
    SH initial noncrit = 810 SH initial crit = 1540
    SH normal tick = 183 SH crit tick = 347

51/10/5 Inq/Sent/Cab

Vex noncrit = 185 Vex crit = 352
    SH initial noncrit = 839 SH initial crit = 1603
    SH normal tick = 189 SH cirt tick = 359

Warden vs. Cab:

Vex initial: (192-185) = 7 / 185 = .037 = 3.7% increase
    Vex crit: (364-352) = 12 / 352 = 0.34 = 3.4% increase
    SH initial hit: (862-839) = 23 / 839 = .027 = 2.7% increase
    SH initial crit: (1643-1603) = 40 / 1603 = .024 = 2.4% increase
    SH normal tick: (195-189) = 6 / 189 = .031 = 3.1% increase
    SH crit tick: (370-352) = 11 / 352 = .031 = 3.1% increase

Average result: (3.7+3.4+2.7+2.4+3.1+3.1) / 6 = 3.06% increase in DoT damage Warden vs Cabalist
    Last edited by Sokanon; 05-11-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Soulwalker

Interesting...why not 46/10/10?

Swap 5 points from Entropy to Walk in the Light for 20% more crit damage. Wouldn't that be viable?

RIFT Guide Writer

I posted that as part b of question #1 in Commonly Asked Questions. This is currently still being tested and I will update it accordingly. Thanks for noticing though!

Biggest problem I find with it so far is the RNG of crit. I feel that with a higher crit %, 46/10/10 would probably be the best, but will obviously require further testing.

And i would drop it from the useless points in Inquisitor rather than Entropy, because Entropy will allow higher DoT ticks, being SH and Vex are some of your biggest damage spells.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 04-17-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    I posted that as part b of question #1 in Commonly Asked Questions. This is currently still being tested and I will update it accordingly. Thanks for noticing though!

Biggest problem I find with it so far is the RNG of crit. I feel that with a higher crit %, 46/10/10 would probably be the best, but will obviously require further testing.

And i would drop it from the useless points in Inquisitor rather than Entropy, because Entropy will allow higher DoT ticks, being SH and Vex are some of your biggest damage spells.
    Concerning BOJ vs BOD, I think your results on Test Dummies (as is usually the case with dummy dps) paint a misleading picture. The difference between a 1.5 and a 3 second cast, in practice, is really pretty huge. You'll more then lose the 10-20 dps difference between the two spells in an actual fight from having to stop casts and move because of AOE's, LOS's, Pushbacks/Grabs etc...

RIFT Guide Writer

Many of the boss fights at current (in GSB) don't require too much movement on ranged's part. That being said, you're right, however BoJ will run you OOM very quickly. There is currently nothing you can do to prevent that... AR and SoP only delay the inevitable, even in a raiding environment. Potion use will be a key.

During movement, you'd be using BoJ as a filler with a BoD rotation anyway. This will give you the maximized DPS.

RIFT Guide Writer

Updated to add a 5 and 6 to CaQ.

Many of the boss fights at current (in GSB) don't require too much movement on ranged's part. That being said, you're right, however BoJ will run you OOM very quickly. There is currently nothing you can do to prevent that... AR and SoP only delay the inevitable, even in a raiding environment. Potion use will be a key.

During movement, you'd be using BoJ as a filler with a BoD rotation anyway. This will give you the maximized DPS.
    As a raiding Inquisitor with 4/5 in GSB down, i have to say this is purely and utterly wrong. There are many times where you will be moving in GSB and "spamming" a 3s cast can cost you 100+ dps.
    ♦Duke : Ok not much if any movement needed here
    ♦Infiltrator: Constantly moving to avoid bombs
    ♦Oracle: Only movement needed here is to either get Whisps or if you get the debuff
    ♦Hylas : Bombs, Squirrels
    ♦Greenscale: Plants, Spores, Bracken, Explody plants, airphase to move to adds.

I have never gone OOM using BoJ and have never used a single potion while raiding for mana. If you run into a fight with Sigil of Power up already you can just Decay + Obliterate and there is no DPS loss, by that time SoP should be back up. If you're running OOM using BoJ while in GSB something is seriously wrong with you or your raid setup. I've tested my build and many others on the dummy and never gone OOM using mana CDs without anyone else in group.
    Also to reiterate what was already stated, you're "testing" on a dummy, so you don't need to be focus capped or have to move for anything....ever..

I would love to see your numbers on actual raid bosses with raid buffs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Rift Disciple

Both these specs are incorrect.

The correct build is 51/10/5 Inquis/sent/warden.

Favor crit over spellpower in your build based on a 1.8 to 1 ratio until your crit rating is over 500 then only favor it on a 2 to 1 ratio until you are over 620. After that stack spellpower as hard as you can.

Secondly, get a staff. You can get a luminous crook crafted for you for cheap, or the epic one most likely wont be hard to find either. Use these until you get the epic T1 drop in xIT, or the epic T2 drop from xAP or xCC. Why use a staff? Burning Witchstone. Find an artificer, have them craft and DE ancient fetishes and sacred fetishes to get the mats to make these.

My current stats in inquis is 943 SP, 637 crit. I'm mostly T2 and Crafted. (Crafted shoulders with epic Griffon Hide, crafted mana ring with epic Griffon Hide). Outside of that lots of T2 drops, some cloth to favor the crit.

The rotation is simple. Open with Fana Sanction -> vex -> BoJ spam casting your BoD's when they proc. Fana on CD to Sanction or BoD whatever comes up first on the refresh.

With burning witchstone on my Icerot stave I do 700+ dps single target. Raid buffed on clean fights (like Johlen) I'm almost always between 750-900 depending on how good of a start i got.

The talent tree favors crit, you get two talents (inquis, sent) that increase critical dmg by a total of 40%, the witchstone further increases that bonus by 15%. If you can get your crit over 25% with your self buff you'll be over 30% in raids meaning you will have a near 100% uptime of your 15% dmg buff from the inquis tree.

I have yet to meet a cleric of any spec that can hang with me ranged dps.

On a side note. There is a druid/shaman/inquis spec that easily parses 700+ (t1ish gear) to 800+(T2). Its a melee spec and will involve doing nothing but mashing a single macro until your finger falls of, but whatever works. Its 31 druid 24 shaman 11 sentinel (for armor buff, crit dmg bonus).

Hope you found this insightful, happy hunting.

Rift Disciple

Step 1. Find apothecary
    Step 2. Tell Apothecary to buy "Heroic Mana Tonic" recipe
    Step 3. Buy 300 twilight bloom roots or farm them
    step 4. Never run out of mana, ever again.

For 1 twilight bloom root you can get a mana pot that restores something like 3100 mana (it ticks once on activation). I carry about 100 on me at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmortigan View Post
    Both these specs are incorrect.

The correct build is 51/10/5 Inquis/sent/warden.

Favor crit over spellpower in your build based on a 1.8 to 1 ratio until your crit rating is over 500 then only favor it on a 2 to 1 ratio until you are over 620. After that stack spellpower as hard as you can.

Secondly, get a staff. You can get a luminous crook crafted for you for cheap, or the epic one most likely wont be hard to find either. Use these until you get the epic T1 drop in xIT, or the epic T2 drop from xAP or xCC. Why use a staff? Burning Witchstone. Find an artificer, have them craft and DE ancient fetishes and sacred fetishes to get the mats to make these.

My current stats in inquis is 943 SP, 637 crit. I'm mostly T2 and Crafted. (Crafted shoulders with epic Griffon Hide, crafted mana ring with epic Griffon Hide). Outside of that lots of T2 drops, some cloth to favor the crit.

The rotation is simple. Open with Fana Sanction -> vex -> BoJ spam casting your BoD's when they proc. Fana on CD to Sanction or BoD whatever comes up first on the refresh.

With burning witchstone on my Icerot stave I do 700+ dps single target. Raid buffed on clean fights (like Johlen) I'm almost always between 750-900 depending on how good of a start i got.

The talent tree favors crit, you get two talents (inquis, sent) that increase critical dmg by a total of 40%, the witchstone further increases that bonus by 15%. If you can get your crit over 25% with your self buff you'll be over 30% in raids meaning you will have a near 100% uptime of your 15% dmg buff from the inquis tree.

I have yet to meet a cleric of any spec that can hang with me ranged dps.

On a side note. There is a druid/shaman/inquis spec that easily parses 700+ (t1ish gear) to 800+(T2). Its a melee spec and will involve doing nothing but mashing a single macro until your finger falls of, but whatever works. Its 31 druid 24 shaman 11 sentinel (for armor buff, crit dmg bonus).

Hope you found this insightful, happy hunting.
    This. and on a sidenote, for the 31/24/11. I think you mean druid shaman inquisitor, not sentinel

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fearah View Post
    This. and on a sidenote, for the 31/24/11. I think you mean druid shaman inquisitor, not sentinel
    Yeah thanks for that, definitely meant to be inquisitor.

RIFT Guide Writer

Step 1. Find apothecary
    Step 2. Tell Apothecary to buy "Heroic Mana Tonic" recipe
    Step 3. Buy 300 twilight bloom roots or farm them
    step 4. Never run out of mana, ever again.

For 1 twilight bloom root you can get a mana pot that restores something like 3100 mana (it ticks once on activation). I carry about 100 on me at all times.
    As stated, using potions. Now that we can move on from BoJ potion use, I'll critique the previous posts.

Destructive Tide in Warden spec is not as beneficial as 5% Sp from Cabalist. 10% increase on your instant cast spells (initial hit of SH and Vex)... it does not effect BoD procs. 5% spell power will increase the initial damage of your SH, Vex + their subsequent ticks + BoJ + BoD.

As for your Crit > Sp, that's an interesting take, but as I said before, I believe this to be a bellcurve effect. I lack the Crit currently (according to your stats you're 200+ rating above myself). After a certain Crit % you will want to stack SP and use the AoTreachery over AoDev, as stated before. At lower amounts of crit, the 3% isn't enough to make it >overly< worthwhile. Once you reach a mid-high level, AoD > AoT... after you reach the soft cap, AoT > AoD, simple.

You're also wearing some cloth gear, which favors crit naturally, + INT which adds to crit. I myself, am wearing full chain and mostly T2 equipment.

I've also downed 5/5 GSB, and 1/4 RoS. Doing this as a healer, I can attest to the movement mechanics, and BoD is possible in most cases (I have to use Restorative Flame (3sec cast) for tank healing...), so as to my information being wrong, chances are you aren't spread out enough, OR you're unlucky... which trust me, I know the feeling.

As for mana issues, you could be running more bards than we do, or are getting innervates? Not sure which, either way, if you had infinite mana BoJ wouldn't be an issue of concern.

As for my outliers, I had 2 outliers (funny it happened once for BoJ and then once for BoD), at 604 DPS and 713 DPS single target. I threw these out because the crit was RNG and would rate my natural average DPS higher than it should be.

It really will depend on your crits. This is why I stated earlier that it is a bellcurve (where on the bellcurve you are will determine which stats are best for your current setup).

The information regarding the Sentinel 20% bonus crit is still in testing, I wanted to get these 2 builds out for the guide first, and then do further testing. With the information you've provided Mad I'll get right on it , thanks for the information!

EDIT: Changed my stat weights on the original post. Anyone high enough crit to test cap? The information I'm getting from mages states 40% crit then SP stack... I'm wondering if we'll be about the same.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 04-17-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

As stated, using potions. Now that we can move on from BoJ potion use, I'll critique the previous posts.

Destructive Tide in Warden spec is not as beneficial as 5% Sp from Cabalist. 10% increase on your instant cast spells (initial hit of SH and Vex)... it does not effect BoD procs. 5% spell power will increase the initial damage of your SH, Vex + their subsequent ticks + BoJ + BoD.

As for your Crit > Sp, that's an interesting take, but as I said before, I believe this to be a bellcurve effect. I lack the Crit currently (according to your stats you're 200+ rating above myself). After a certain Crit % you will want to stack SP and use the AoTreachery over AoDev, as stated before. At lower amounts of crit, the 3% isn't enough to make it >overly< worthwhile. Once you reach a mid-high level, AoD > AoT... after you reach the soft cap, AoT > AoD, simple.

You're also wearing some cloth gear, which favors crit naturally, + INT which adds to crit. I myself, am wearing full chain and mostly T2 equipment.

I've also downed 5/5 GSB, and 1/4 RoS. Doing this as a healer, I can attest to the movement mechanics, and BoD is possible in most cases (I have to use Restorative Flame (3sec cast) for tank healing...), so as to my information being wrong, chances are you aren't spread out enough, OR you're unlucky... which trust me, I know the feeling.

As for mana issues, you could be running more bards than we do, or are getting innervates? Not sure which, either way, if you had infinite mana BoJ wouldn't be an issue of concern.

As for my outliers, I had 2 outliers (funny it happened once for BoJ and then once for BoD), at 604 DPS and 713 DPS single target. I threw these out because the crit was RNG and would rate my natural average DPS higher than it should be.

It really will depend on your crits. This is why I stated earlier that it is a bellcurve (where on the bellcurve you are will determine which stats are best for your current setup).

The information regarding the Sentinel 20% bonus crit is still in testing, I wanted to get these 2 builds out for the guide first, and then do further testing. With the information you've provided Mad I'll get right on it , thanks for the information!

EDIT: Changed my stat weights on the original post. Anyone high enough crit to test cap? The information I'm getting from mages states 40% crit then SP stack... I'm wondering if we'll be about the same.
    You're right, on paper the cab tree should be more effective (5% dmg increase on ALL dmg instead of 10% of about 45% of your dmg [vex and SH] + 5% added spell power). It does cost 10 points however, instead of 5.

I've hashed this out with other cleric dps several times, and the bottom line is that I crushed superior geared clerics on the dummy with my spec as opposed to the one with the 10 or 15 cab. The additional bonus spell power benefit you get for Vex and SH from the extra points maxing out inquisitor is simply too good.

Max out your inquisitor tree. Get the 10/5 in sent/warden its the most efficient way to spend the excess 15 points. Then hit the meters with the simple rotation. The dmg is flat out superior in every way. Not too mention you gain the added utility of waterjet for any encounter where you move too much to sit and cast for 2 seconds (good example is the skarn fight, P4 of Johlen, Air phase on GS). You simply replace BoJ with Waterjet in the rotation and my vex's and sanction still carry me over 600 dps. You can do 100% of your dmg while being completely on the move, which also happens to transition well into PVP (I'm consistently top 3 in KB, dmg done, and have amazing survivability with 3-5 vex's feeding me health). Rebuke is handy too.

Its all about the crit for clerics my friend. You cannot use mage tables as a basis for comparison simply because spell power is too important for them as they reach their soft cap in crit much easier than we do and hence need to focus on spell power more to maximize dps.

As it stands right now I'm the only cleric inquisitor I know that consistently pulls high 800ish single target ranged dps. I know there are more out there and they are doing the exact same thing I am. I'm almost certain that when I get my Greenscale staff (any of them, not just the artifact off the dragon) I'll be strokin it with the mages over the 1k mark as I sacrifice about 100 spellpower and significant stats to use the T2 staff for the additional 15% dmg to crit from my witchstones.
    Last edited by Madmortigan; 04-17-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

Completely unrelated, but are you the same madmortigan who used to cast dota?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast