+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Analysis Forum

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Cleric Analysis Forum

I decided to take it upon myself to create a new forum for specifically clerical discussion, though I may expand it to include the other classes, depending on how I feel, or if other people have chosen to do their own forums for the others.

I am not trying to take away from everything that Trion has going here on their forums, merely trying to create a compilation of known builds, bugs, F.A.Q., and theorycrafting that doesn't get diluted or lost in these forums. I find a lot of the good threads end up getting lost or misplaced somewhere in the tide of posters.

The board is currently lacking a paid for domain name, but I will be looking to change that in the near future.

For now, I hope the community will help me to expand the current knowledge on clerics and to help new players as well. Without further adieu, here is the forum:

http://angrycleric.proboards.com/index.cgi

Suggestions are always welcome! Feel free to PM me here or on the forums above, or post in the appropriate area.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 04-15-2011 at 07:10 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I've contacted many of the people who have posted excellent guides, threads, and information that I could find. I apologize if I haven't contacted you yet, it doesn't mean I don't love you, it comes down to the reason I'm creating this forum, our current one can get convoluted and good posts get lost easily.

RIFT Guide Writer

I've already seen plenty of people at least visiting the forums and I've received a few suggestions! Let's keep this going guys.

If those I've PMed do not wish to copy/paste their own threads so that they may consistently update them, then I will go ahead and move their informative threads over myself providing a disclaimer as to where the information was provided from.

RIFT Guide Writer

I've gone ahead and started copy/pasting some of the good threads found in here so that people may have easy access to them. Currently they are used as placeholders until such time as the original "creators" wish to copy/paste and take over the thread altogether.

I'm also still tweaking the colors for the layout... more suggestions are welcome!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    I've already seen plenty of people at least visiting the forums and I've received a few suggestions! Let's keep this going guys.

If those I've PMed do not wish to copy/paste their own threads so that they may consistently update them, then I will go ahead and move their informative threads over myself providing a disclaimer as to where the information was provided from.
    So why should I put my hard-won knowledge on your website so you can aggregate it and profit from my efforts?

RIFT Guide Writer

Who's profiting? I'm not making any money. I'm doing this for the community.

Currently there are a LOT of useful and informational posts provided by many players here on these boards. However this presents many problems which include:

- Convoluted. Many replies after the original post end up being flames or a 'hurrah' for the post, without providing constructive criticism.

- Editing. The OP cannot edit their posts after 5minutes. This means any changes they wish to make will be have to be posted either in a completely new thread, or a few pages later that people will have to sift through to find these changes.

- Easily-accessable. None of the posts that are useful here are getting stickied, which means they get lost and become harder and harder to find for people, especially the new visitors who may never have seen the original to /favorite it.

This is a COMMUNITY based effort. I am merely providing an easy-access database where constructive criticism, information, and discussion can be seen and heard without being lost.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasa View Post
    So why should I put my hard-won knowledge on your website so you can aggregate it and profit from my efforts?
    What would it matter if he does make money? Collecting information and getting it all at one location is a useful task.

RIFT Guide Writer

I'm still working on the forum template and colors... really not satisfied with them.

However, I've taken the liberty to compile quite a few of the excellent posts found here in these forums. Hopefully it will provide easier-access for the community to look through the information, and start using/advanced theorycrafting as the game progresses.

+ Reply to Thread