+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Senticarden - More Revolutionary Raid Healing

Shadowlander

Default Introducing the Senticarden - More Revolutionary Raid Healing

After extensive testing, theorycrafting, and experimentation I have made a breakthrough in support healing.

I dub this spec the Senticarden - in short a Battle Cleric

SENTICARDEN

Summary

A Battle Cleric who provides consistent heals on the tank and supporting the surrounding melee members of the raid. It has the ability to provide low damage numbers while supporting melee. In addition to this, it is a reactionary build allowing the player to get healing where it needs to go before anyone else, potentially saving a raid when the unexpected happens. This build is also capable of sustaining itself with mana regen.

What you Obtain:
    Consistent tank and raid healing.
    Consistent tank and raid 5% damage mitigation.
    Small dps
    A unique spot in your raid
    A 10 minute battle res
    A 2 minute 40% damage reduction
    An instant 2 minute AoE heal
    An 8 second instant heal
    A 2 minute decreased cast time
    A 1 minute melee mana regen
    Instant self heal with no cooldown
    Instant group heal with no cooldown
    1 45 second 50% healing boost

Spell Synergy and Rotation

Now This is how it all works.

Your main buffs:

Salvation
    Cavalier
    Reparation
    Mien of Honor

These 4 together will provide healing on yourself,others and also allow you to proc convictions. Your mien will also increase all of that healing by 50 percent.

Salvation will heal you in turn healing the target of your mandate. Which leads me to the next part.

Putting the mandate on your tank is the key part of this. He will receive all the healing from reparation and mandate as well as having the access to Reprieve and a nice 800 - 900 heal in your doctrine.

Aquatic Affinity will give you another 10% mana allowing you to last longer in battle and make your purpose more effective. Additionally, since this build focuses on speed most abilities are instant cast giving the majority of heals a 9% boost from surging rapids.

Combat Synergy

How this will work is after applying said buffs from above this is how combat will work.

Healing spray your tank for essence and trinket procs.
    Melee in order to give the tank mandate healing and everyone else salvation
    Use dps abilities to gain convictions allowing you to permanently keep protect the flock active.
    If pushed out of combat lifes vengeance, banish, and bolt of radiance will allow you to continue dps'ing and building convictions

For AoE damage you have multiple options. In addition to doctrine of loyalty and reparation you have divine call which can be boosted with tidal surge, healing communion which can be made instant with touch the light, and more healing communion which can be augmented by healers haste. All of this can be sustained with purpose and the additional 10% mana from Aquatic Affinity.

There's even a 45 second cooldown in Tidal Surge for that initial heal after a damaging AE.

What sets YOU apart from other hybrid healers

The build is based on speed. There are very few cast times, and what cast times there are can be hasted. This speed approach is reinforced with bonuses to instant healing. Many times when someone dies it's because a heal was a second too slow, this build is designed to provide that necessary buffer to keeping people alive.

Additionally, being in melee range means you're in range of other melees that will need cures. Another healer that's more than 15 meters away can only single cure people, this build being in the middle of the action can fire off group cures on those far away from the casters, and then be in range to fire the group heals.

Though the build is a little weaker at range, during times you can't melee or are thrown away from the mob, you still have a steady source of damage and a way to build convictions.

Conclusion

All in All the Senticarden can become somewhat of an Icon for cleric healers and hybrids. With it's amazing versatility,Cooldowns and the amazing tools it brings to a raid the Senticarden is something that no raid should ever turn down or laugh at.
    Last edited by Brael2; 04-12-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Default I can't believe no one has thought of this before!

I can't wait to try this!
    Last edited by Onihr1; 04-12-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Shadowlander

Well, today will be my first opportunity to test it in raids, I'm curious as to how well it will perform and just where tweaks will be needed. I'm thinking it may be worthwhile to remove healers haste (most stuff is instant, there's not much benefit to it) and one rank of protect the flock (3 sec is still enough to maintain the buff) in order to gain two additional ranks of surging rapids. Alternatively, light efficiency could lose a rank resulting in a 1% loss to heals with the point going into warden to gain 3% healing. It really comes down to just how much a combat res is worth (atleast, a combat res where the resser is standing in a potentially unsafe area)

We'll see.

*Yawn*

Can you get any more cliche and unoriginal

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    *Yawn*

coming from you? hilarious.

"In our loyalty, victory is certain."
    Loyalist of The Enclave

Shadowlander

*Yawn*

Yes. Yes I can. A good deal of original thought went into this. It's quite a lot of work to improve an already good build, however I managed to do just that. In addition to that I had to go through and update the post to reflect all the additional virtues of this build over the previous one. On top of that it was a good deal of effort to edit the parts of your post I copied just enough for them to not be plagiarism while at the same time saving myself the hassle of having to write out everything.

Ironically your post has the same tone as all of the haters in your thread and you simply fail to grasp the greatness of the Senticarden, it's the next stage in being a battle cleric.

It's ok though, for every true innovator out there like myself there's 50 people like you to represent the luddites of the healing game.

Plane Touched

I posted like exactly the same thing a week ago. Old joke.

Plane Touched

I can't wait to try this in Bluescales Bile tommorow night, this is in fact a revolutionary healing / battle spec, thank you for taking the time to write this up.

+2 rep

Soulwalker

*Yawn*

Christ.
    You're such a ****** it's nothing less but disgusting.

Stop acting like you're something special, cause you're not. You were not the first to mix justicar and sentiel, face it.
    And no, I will not call it by its "name". No one calls a mage for Chloarchomyro, it's silly and lame. Period.

Rift Disciple

Suggestions/Comment:

Another perk: 40 Endurance raidwide buff (sure lots have, but not everyone. Deserves a mention).

I'd suggest removing one point from Armor of Virtue (t1) and putting it in Shield of Faith (t4). You won't be using Mien of Leadership (and the armor buff from that is from base armor anyway), and you also won't get the bonus 1% armor for taking a lot of justicar talents...Shield is better because it reduces melee cleaves and AoE spell dmg.

Comment: It is similar to some builds in beta, but some good ideas. As excited as you are about your build, I think any time a person titles a thread "introducing" (and that thread isn't started by a Dev), they're going to get some hostile feedback ></.
    Welcoming newcomers to Faeblight daily...we have cupcakes.

Rift Chaser

*Yawn*

I believe it is a problem you have brought on yourself. Many people are helpful on the forum and post suggested builds and rotations. They have all taken time to work these out, and post them to help the community.

The majority just post these to offer help and to look for possible suggestion improvements from other players of the same class.

They don't however, repeatedly proclaim themselves in large font as the creator of a specific build, with a specific name tag. After all, these builds are just putting points into soul trees in a certain manner, something that has been done in different mmo's for many years.

Unfortunately when you decide to position yourself this way, it is really no surprise to see what could have been a helpful contribution, now regarded as a running gag in the forum.

You have obviously put thought into the build, but this tends to be clouded over by the other baggage which is a pity, as many people tend to react first to the unattractive style rather than the substance.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    I posted like exactly the same thing a week ago. Old joke.
    Joke thread, but I'm actually serious about the build. If you posted it, did you try it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Schnorplepiffle View Post
    Suggestions/Comment:

Another perk: 40 Endurance raidwide buff (sure lots have, but not everyone. Deserves a mention).

I'd suggest removing one point from Armor of Virtue (t1) and putting it in Shield of Faith (t4). You won't be using Mien of Leadership (and the armor buff from that is from base armor anyway), and you also won't get the bonus 1% armor for taking a lot of justicar talents...Shield is better because it reduces melee cleaves and AoE spell dmg.

Comment: It is similar to some builds in beta, but some good ideas. As excited as you are about your build, I think any time a person titles a thread "introducing" (and that thread isn't started by a Dev), they're going to get some hostile feedback ></.
    I left endurance out because this isn't really an ideal build for grouping situations since no one melee's bosses in experts and in a raid it's almost a guarantee that someone else will have an endurance buff.

Good catch on swapping Armor of Virtue for Shield of Faith.

Another thing I was thinking was that Enraptured Breath isn't really the greatest, 60% of a heal still leaves two people needing another heal. All it contributes to is overhealing on the followup cast making it somewhat inefficient. Taking the 3 points from that and 1 from somewhere else (light efficiency?) would allow the build to gain HI+Serendipity for times that the extra healing power is needed on a specific individual (it also gives healers haste something useful to work on)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brael2 View Post
    Joke thread, but I'm actually serious about the build. If you posted it, did you try it out?
    Yes, even though I don't use the exact same build, I have 12 in warden for the additional AE heal. It's extremely strong, both for random offhealing in experts(pulls a respectable 250DPS, which is better than bards at least while healing A LOT more and providing the tank with a permanent 5%dmg reduction from Protect the Flock) and for raid healing where I totalled 950k healing on our last Greenscale, only behind our best geared chloro who also has the DSM laser trinket and was at 1.1million.

In my thread at the end I did point out that while I was making fun of the post, the build itself is excelent, as anyone with a clue could tell. Doctrine of Loyalty output MASSIVE amounts of healing in raids and with the low cost+mana regen from justicar you can spam it almost all fight long, only popping Communion if you run dry during a heavy AE phase, and popping Healing Invocation with Serendipity proced almost all fight on the tank to help a bit during breath. Also with Mandate on the tank and reparation, you proc Protect the Flock on him all the fight, which again gives 5%dmg reduction which stacks with Entrench/bard motif. It's an amazing spec that fixes all the issues clerics have with AE healing in raids. That said we still need a bunch of single target clerics to keep the tank up, but with 2chloros a bard and a senticar you can keep the whole raid alive the entire fight.

I'd expect a Doctrine of Loyalty nerf at some point, but I'd much rather see them rework Sentinel AE heals so they're not so exhorbitantly priced. 360mana WITH the 10%mana reduction for a crappy 1.2k ish heal that has a cast time, seriously?

Soulwalker

link the damn talent spec next time

Shadowlander

I did. It's in orange letters on the third line of the thread even. Here it is again since you missed it, this time with bold and underlining too.

Senticarden

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast