+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar Flawless Source Machine Advice

Shadowlander

Default Justicar Flawless Source Machine Advice

Howdy!

I was curious what my fellow Justicar's are running around with socketed in their Flawless Source Machines. I am currently using the following:

4x Iron Foresight

Wisdom +8
    Endurance +10
    Block +14
    Earth Resist +6

Consuming Faesource (Chance on block to heal for 500)

Rolling Stormsource (Chance on being hit to increase endurance by 55 for 15 seconds)

What are you all using?

Plane Walker

4 x raid rift drop/raid rift vendor lessers
    1 x Iron Foresight
    1 x Consuming Faesource

Thinking of switching back to the heal on heal one, at least when I get a decent purple one. Also kinda want to try out the purple one from IPP/Shimmer/Stillmoor vendor (shield on heal), but so far haven't been able to get a purple currency from any invasion. Not sure if that one procs off our heals. Should I suppose. Droprates of those are pretty silly I might add. Even post malformed/corrupted soul-nerf, I'm more likely to grind raid rift currency and buy a 50 purple currency one from the raid rift vendors then get a single purple currency for the IPP/Shimmer/Stillmoor vendors.

Shame the 50 raid currency raid rift greaters all look kinda meh for Justicar tanks. For that price, I'd only consider the heal on SoJ one if it had a massive procrate. I won't be the one finding out if it does, or just procs on 1 out of 10 SoJs.
    Last edited by hateful; 04-08-2011 at 03:35 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Currently using 4 different lessers.

So from memorie (can't log in at the moment)
    1 blue with Strength, endurance and block form the earth quartermaster
    1 epic with Strength, endurance and block from the death raid rift
    1 epic with Wisdom, endurance and block from the life raid rift
    1 epic with Endurance and dodge from the death raid rift (will be replaced probably by a strength, endu block epic one form the vendor)

As my Greaters I currently use Crystal Vine (chance: 750hot on heal) and Rolling Stormsouce (chance: +55endurance on being hit). Still looking for a good one to replace the endurance one with but unfortunately the heal on block is considered the same family as the crystal vine.

Honestly I think the easiest/ most effective combo to get is like the OP said:

4x Iron Foresight in lessers
    Consuming faesource + Rolling stormsource in greaters.

Of course epic raid variants are better, but harder to obtain!

i had 6 Iron Foresight until i started getting lvl 50 purple tank stones.
    you can use 6 lessers in the 4 lesser 2 greater cores.

Greater chance on phy attack to proc a 100 air damage to 7 targets (seems to be 7 meter range too) and add great threat to those hit with the air damage.

^ goes off every 10 AoE's ( skills that use light damage dont trigger it yet, most justicar skills say weapon + light damage. white hits proc it also)

i got this greater from a Death Raid Rift.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
    i had 6 Iron Foresight until i started getting lvl 50 purple tank stones.
    you can use 6 lessers in the 4 lesser 2 greater cores.

Greater chance on phy attack to proc a 100 air damage to 7 targets (seems to be 7 meter range too) and add great threat to those hit with the air damage.

^ goes off every 10 AoE's ( skills that use light damage dont trigger it yet, most justicar skills say weapon + light damage. white hits proc it also)

i got this greater from a Death Raid Rift.
    Do want. /10 chars

Lessers
    Sleeping Giant from Stillmoor Planar Vendor with STR 8 END 11 BLOCK 15
    Iron Foresight from IP with WIS 8 END 10 Block 14

Use those until you get better epic essences.

Concerning Greaters i recommend either the
    Rolling Stormsource (+55 End)
    Consuming Faesource (Heals when you Block)
    Crystal Vine

I like the one Greyhawk found!
    Last edited by Kita; 04-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.

I have:
    2 Whitefall Vender lessers (end wis block)
    1 Crystal sourcestone lesser (end wis block)
    1 Raid rift lesser (end wis block) This one is pure win... massive block and end
    Crystal Vine greater
    Icebound Tear greater

I will be rotating out the Iceboung tear once get the 40 inscribed sourcestone, Heal on SoJ strike.
    and of course I will be replacing the Whitefall vendered ones with crystal sourcestone ones as I can. Hopefully a few more epics drop from raid rifts that are useful, since they are all unique-equip (man a parry, wis and end one would be sweet...)
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Soulwalker

They are using Sigils of the Five like adults, not some heretic machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Currently using 4 different lessers.

So from memorie (can't log in at the moment)
    1 blue with Strength, endurance and block form the earth quartermaster
    1 epic with Strength, endurance and block from the death raid rift
    1 epic with Wisdom, endurance and block from the life raid rift
    1 epic with Endurance and dodge from the death raid rift (will be replaced probably by a strength, endu block epic one form the vendor)

As my Greaters I currently use Crystal Vine (chance: 750hot on heal) and Rolling Stormsouce (chance: +55endurance on being hit). Still looking for a good one to replace the endurance one with but unfortunately the heal on block is considered the same family as the crystal vine.
    You spent inscribed sourcestones on a Str lesser?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivalen4919 View Post
    Howdy!

I was curious what my fellow Justicar's are running around with socketed in their Flawless Source Machines. I am currently using the following:

4x Iron Foresight

Wisdom +8
    Endurance +10
    Block +14
    Earth Resist +6

Consuming Faesource (Chance on block to heal for 500)

Rolling Stormsource (Chance on being hit to increase endurance by 55 for 15 seconds)

What are you all using?
    This is good way to get started for T1 content. If you're wondering what stats you need moving forward, a good place to start is to look at the T1/T2 sets too. There are some really nice tanking chain legs out of expert IT and a very nice crafted chain chest that you can have made. With a +15 toughness rune for the chest, that'll get you to 65, which'll carry you all the way through T1 tanking as a Justicar.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-09-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    You spent inscribed sourcestones on a Str lesser?
    Ye I do and the reason for this is the parry cap.
    1 strength gives you 1AP 1 parry and 1 block
    1 wisdom gives you 0.75spellpower, 0.75AP, 1.4625parry and 0.225block.
    Since nearly every tank is parry capped it becomes 1Ap and 1 block vs 0.75SP/AP and 0.225block.
    And since threat never is a issue for me not even while maintanking in greenscale's blight the spellpower/AP isn't that important for me and 1block per strength just wins out.
    So if you take that iron foresight for example and would look at the difference with Sleeping giant.

Iron Foresight:
    6SP
    6AP
    10endurance
    8.775parry
    15.8block

Sleeping Giant:
    0SP
    8AP
    11endurance
    8parry
    23block

The difference then is
    6SP and 0.775parry vs 2AP, 1Endu and 7.2block
    And SP only effects our bolt of judgement and Sovereignty (and heals of course) all our melee attacks are effected by AP even though they do Life damage.

@greyhawk: The greater you found just has a high proc chance with a small icd. The problem is that even though our tooltips say they deal weapon+life damage the entire attack is actually life damage and will not proc things that proc on physical damage (PoR and your white hits are the only thing that actually proc it or in case you use a shaman attack that can also proc it). However do not consider that I say it's bad I am just giving out some information, it still has a high proc chance so will proc regularly of your white hits and PoR.
    Last edited by Radak; 04-09-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    @greyhawk: The greater you found just has a high proc chance with a small icd. The problem is that even though our tooltips say they deal weapon+life damage the entire attack is actually life damage and will not proc things that proc on physical damage (PoR and your white hits are the only thing that actually proc it or in case you use a shaman attack that can also proc it). However do not consider that I say it's bad I am just giving out some information, it still has a high proc chance so will proc regularly of your white hits and PoR.
    ya i know, i use a lot of shaman skills in between justicar attacks.
    the greater stone goes off every 10 or so attacks too.
    i use PoR, Avalanche, and Maelstrom when i first grab agro to hit everything, and use it every 15 seconds on CD. silent scream (greater stone name) procs so much lol.

+ Reply to Thread