+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaman Dps build not really that much dps - Suggestion

Rift Disciple

Default Shaman Dps build not really that much dps - Suggestion

Well, I have a lvl 50 cleric on one server, and close to lvl 50 on a pvp server and I have noticed the shaman build seems kinda lame EXCEPT for the time in which you are using rage of the north, but that's too long a cooldown to spam obviously.

When you look at what other classes can do, like sabs, pyro, and warrior (speaking about the warrior tree which every time they crit, they automatically put a 50 percent incoming heal debuff on the enemy) Shaman really has no way to burst people down consistently as fast as other classes can.

First off, shaman is VERY gear dependent, and i mean much more so than other classes. Here is what I mean: Jolt, one of the main skills used as a shaman, is only able to be used after a crit- So if you don't have a ton of crit bonus gear, then you will never be able to use jolt. The other moves overall are pretty good, but I think jolt needs a change.

Here's my idea: Make it so in addition to jolt being available every time you crit, it is ALSO available after each "massive blow" skill. As you guys know if you played shaman, massive blow has a rather long cooldown, so this would not be op, as the only way to lower the cooldown is with the crushing blow reset cooldown proc (which isnt that high of a chance)

That's my idea, hope to get some feedback and see what others who have tried the shaman build have to say.

im feeling the same way. and after how they buffed mages over the top and nerfed warrior and no love for melee clerics ever i have decided to cancel my account and go to a game that has a decent shaman in it.

Soulwalker

Cleric seems to be bent over in every aspect to all other classes imo.

Our healing is sad and as a class usually looked at as a main healer we are out healed by bards and chloros ie mages and rogues and thats sad.

As for dps I dont know of any burst damage soul we have I used inquis as my dps for my cleric and thought about single target spec for bosses ect so I tried shaman/druid and the dps was pretty much the same as i was doing on inquis with no burst.

So we cant heal we cant single target dps and our tanking isn't top notch either.

The only real contribution you will ever be as a cleric imo is aweome aoe where I can do over 1600 dps in mainly blues in T1.

every aspect of this class needs reworked and as for pvp gl staying alive as you said there are a ton of souls out there cutting our heals in half and that's if you get the change because of the 1000 stuns, incapacitates, fears, silences and so forth out there.

Not to mention mages cried so much they where too weak and now they can burst over 6k in a simutanious 2 cast kill warriors are still and have been op as hell and rogues are inescapable.

combined all that with our terrible heals and crap burst and your no contest to others just prey trying to stay hidden long enough to keep someone alive / kill somebody.

I am currently leveling a mage to escape the madness and hopefully someday they will make clerics real healers and I can go back to it. But as for now I look forward to being able to heal as chloro and 2 shot 6k people with my mage dps.
    Last edited by Trin201; 04-08-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Rift Disciple

I brought my troll feeder with me to this thread - looks like it might get some use.

Jolt, one of the main skills used as a shaman, is only able to be used after a crit- So if you don't have a ton of crit bonus gear, then you will never be able to use jolt.
    If you don't have a decent crit chance, check out Long Memory and Frozen Embrace in the Shaman tree. 10 points in Druid and 5 in Shaman gives you an extra 10% chance to crit right off the bat. Rage of the North, of course, always provides a Jolt following the first attack after using it, then another right after it wears off. I went Druid/Shaman while leveling up and found myself using jolt on almost every mob.

Here's my idea: Make it so in addition to jolt being available every time you crit, it is ALSO available after each "massive blow" skill.
    See above. From talents alone, it's available after every second massive blow plus or minus a few percent depending on gear, though a base 10% chance to crit before talents is pretty easy to obtain. Check the AH if your gear is sub-par.

Our healing is sad and as a class usually looked at as a main healer we are out healed by bards and chloros ie mages and rogues and thats sad.
    What? Bards usually push about 250 HPS in the T2 experts I run. Chloros do well, sure, but nothing heals as well as a Cleric in my experience. Chloro heals can also miss. I run 34puri/32sent.

So we cant heal we cant single target dps and our tanking isn't top notch either.
    C'mon man, if you honestly want your opinion to be taken into consideration you can't write sentences like that. We heal wonderfully, and in my opinion we tank just fine. Sure AoE threat can be a bit tricky without going deep into the Shaman tree, but a simple "give me a couple seconds on pulls" aimed at the DPS seems to solve that problem. If not, they'll eventually get tired of soul healing bills and will catch on. If we were the best at healing (which IMHO we are), tanking, /and/ DPS, the tears would short circuit Trion's webservers.

combined all that with our terrible heals and crap burst and your no contest to others just prey trying to stay hidden long enough to keep someone alive / kill somebody.
    Are we playing the same game here? What about our heals is terrible? RotN provides awesome melee burst DPS. Fanaticism + Sanction Heretic as an Inquisitor gives me a 2k+ crit every 45 seconds. Surely you've seen all the crying about Pyro's being the only soul that can kill Clerics right? I think your spec and application need a little work.

im feeling the same way. and after how they buffed mages over the top and nerfed warrior and no love for melee clerics ever i have decided to cancel my account and go to a game that has a decent shaman in it.
    Well the game that you've gone to must be pretty boring for you to still be trolling the Rift forums. You do realize that this game has barely been out a month, right?

Here's a spec that I used for a long time and was very happy with:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oVoz.Exd0trc0k

I leveled with that spec and have since made some adjustments for expert dungeon DPS'ing. I'm wearing mostly T2 gear with a couple T1 pieces and have no problems pulling off 600+ DPS on stationary bosses by spamming one button (and that's while throwing a healing breath at the homies for a quick ~1k heal when they need it - when's the last time you saw a rogue/mage/warrior do that?):

[Single Target Macro]
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Trickster Spirit
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Bombard
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Crushing Blow

Give it a shot and see what you think. Seriously, do it!

Soulwalker

Justirawr everything I stated is true and most people in the game know this hence the 500 posts on the various subjects I pointed out.

Rift Disciple

Justirawr everything I stated is true and most people in the game know this hence the 500 posts on the various subjects I pointed out.
    Oh, well that completely debunks all of my personal experience and the logical arguments I provided above. You should open your mind. That is unless you're just trolling to troll, in which case I'll see your "nuh-uh" and raise you a "umadbro".

Quote Originally Posted by Trin201 View Post

Thank god that the truth does not require your belief.
    Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

Soulwalker

thank god the 500 posts other then your personal opinion are all wrong huh. Ill end with that cause when it all comes down to the line there are 500 people agreeing with me while there are so few of you. bye now

Rift Disciple

thank god the 500 posts other then your personal opinion are all wrong huh. Ill end with that cause when it all comes down to the line there are 500 people agreeing with me while there are so few of you. bye now
    Sounds like you have an issue thinking for yourself and/or constructing logical arguments. Bless your heart.

Given how many hundreds of UFO sightings are reported each year, aliens must be invading.

Plane Touched

I would think that anyone who has 1 level 50 cleric and another almost 50, has probably put 51 points into shaman which means they had all the crit skills you mentioned. Shamans DO require the most gear to be effective, outside of crits you don't hit very hard at all. Crushing blow is pretty weak and if you dont get a bunch of Long Memory procs no one will really care if you're hitting on them(I come from a PvP standpoint.)

Btw, personally I choose to skip the massive 5% increased crit from druid and instead take sent for an additional 20% crit dmg/heal on top of the 20% from Shaman tree. Crit chance you can get from gear, crit bonus is tree only though, and I feel that if it's a very crit reliant build, I should make sure those crits hit as hard as they can. If you want you can even take I think Inq as your 3rd and they have another 20% but I belive it only effects spells, so your Jolt crits would be pretty boss.

Rift Disciple

I've actually never tried Shaman with the Sentinel crit bonus talent. Spending those 10 points in Sent would mean dropping either RotN or the satyr buff, though it might be more beneficial. I'll have to take a look at that - thanks for the suggestion.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Justirawr View Post
    I've actually never tried Shaman with the Sentinel crit bonus talent. Spending those 10 points in Sent would mean dropping either RotN or the satyr buff, though it might be more beneficial. I'll have to take a look at that - thanks for the suggestion.
    I enjoy it, plus there's a 5% spell increase you have to take first which increases your SP AND your AP since were Shamans, win win. Also Breath of Life is a great instant heal, saves my *** so many times. Currently crit heals for 14-1500 and I'm still in crap gear heh. High 700's low 800's non crit, 8 sec cd.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    Here's my idea: Make it so in addition to jolt being available every time you crit, it is ALSO available after each "massive blow" skill. As you guys know if you played shaman, massive blow has a rather long cooldown, so this would not be op, as the only way to lower the cooldown is with the crushing blow reset cooldown proc (which isnt that high of a chance)

That's my idea, hope to get some feedback and see what others who have tried the shaman build have to say.
    Or have Jolt on a cooldown and have your crits reset the cooldown kinda like massive blow.

Rift Disciple

Sounds like you have an issue thinking for yourself and/or constructing logical arguments. Bless your heart.

Given how many hundreds of UFO sightings are reported each year, aliens must be invading.
    Aliens are invading AND YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING????

Soulwalker

[Single Target Macro]
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Jolt
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Trickster Spirit
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Bombard
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Crushing Blow

Give it a shot and see what you think. Seriously, do it!
    You don't use Eruption of Life although you've put talent points to increase it's damage and decrease it's cool down? I'm going to parse this build and see what I come up with, though it'll be sub par since my gear isn't too great yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast