+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing specs at 1k+ sp

Soulwalker

Default Healing specs at 1k+ sp

So I've extensively read many posts on this forum about the optimum healing builds at end-game, and have used the famed 34/32 sent/pur build up through the beginning of t2s (have healed AP and RD). I've heard that the 34/32 does not scale the best with gear as compared with maybe a 51 point build. Does it make more sense to start leaning towards 51 warden or 51 sent builds because of the massive sp boosts you get to hots or invocation? I do love my oh s*** buttons, but I also love consistent hard heals, so as gear gets better and better, does it make sense to completely invest in one tree for the passive boosts? Thanks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    So I've extensively read many posts on this forum about the optimum healing builds at end-game, and have used the famed 34/32 sent/pur build up through the beginning of t2s (have healed AP and RD). I've heard that the 34/32 does not scale the best with gear as compared with maybe a 51 point build. Does it make more sense to start leaning towards 51 warden or 51 sent builds because of the massive sp boosts you get to hots or invocation? I do love my oh s*** buttons, but I also love consistent hard heals, so as gear gets better and better, does it make sense to completely invest in one tree for the passive boosts? Thanks.
    I wasn't able to solo heal all the trash pulls and all but 3 bosses as sent/pur. Sent/warden with 5 points in purifier worked out best for me.

People will say that the 4 stacking hot in warden is bad, just because they don't want to manage hots. The 4 stacking hot alone heals for 500+, which is much better than any shield you're going to get in purifier. They will also say that you have to spend 6 seconds in combat to get 4 stacks, but that's how you know they're idiots because the hots should be on the tank pre pull.

This is the build i've been using after trying 5-6 other specs out.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Ro.E0E00stco.x
    Last edited by Brokenmirror; 04-07-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Soulwalker

Thank you for your informative answer but it wasn't really what I was looking for. I want to know whether its more beneficial to invest in a full 51 point build as your gear gets better, as the passive talent from each tree will cause your heals to scale better with your gear, but you'll lose out on some useful skills and synergies.

Telaran

I'm using the same build as Brokenmirror however I have a 51pt Warden build for aoe healing or some specific fights, and I have noticed that it scales extremely well with sp, especially when our Archon does the cooldown for 15% bonus sp.

It could be possible that 51pt Warden simply scales so well it outperforms all other builds later on, but I'm not really sure it can ever make up for the loss of Sentinel's cooldowns and utility, even if seeing 1300+ SS crit ticks is nice.

+ Reply to Thread