+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 26, looking for a decent heal spec for 5 mans?

Default Level 26, looking for a decent heal spec for 5 mans?

I have been just working on solo levelling my cleric so my build is dps, but now i am looking to run dsm, etc and was wondering what a decent 5 man heal spec would be for my level.

I think you have a few options depending on what you want to try:

1) 20 Purifier / 12 Sentinel / 2 Warden

This gives you a big heal, a small heal, an instant cast heal, 2 single-target HoT's, a group heal, a self shield, and a tank shield.

2) 22 Sentinel / 12 Warden / 0 Purifier

This gives you a big heal, a small heal, an instant cast heal, 2 single-target HoT's, a group HoT, a group heal, and a self shield.

3) 22 Warden / 12 Sentinel / 0 Purifier

This gives you a non-spammable "big" heal (Deluge), a small heal, an instant cast heal, 3 single-target Hot's (one of which can be stacked 4 times), a group HoT, a group heal, and a self shield. Also worth mentioning are Ripple (spread single-target HoT's to the group for a short time) and Orbs of the Stream (similar to a shield).

I probably wouldn't recommend option #3 until you've got some group healing experience under your belt. It's a bit more work because you have to monitor the HoT's on the tank to make Deluge worthy of a big heal. Once you get that technique down though, it can be effective (some people swear by it).

My preference is option #2 because I'd rather have the AoE HoT to a tank shield.
    Last edited by Sixpax; 04-07-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Rift Disciple

For a different view, I would be at 26 Sent / 8 Puri / 0 Ward.

The build is kinda haphazard at this level, but the eventual target would be 34 Sent / 32 Puri / 0 Ward.

I'm not personally a big fan of the Warden tree, and I *am* a big fan of the Sentinel tree, moreso than Purifier. With the above build at 26, you have Divine Call, fully specced Healing Invocation and starting to spec Serendipity. You have the crit chance from Purifier but at this stage Purifier is very much a secondary spec for extra points. I would fill out Sent to 34 before sinking the rest of the points into Purifier.

In my final build, Purifier is taken for the utility skills like Caregiver's Blessing, Latent Blaze, Fiery Blessing (Synergizes *very* well with Healer's Haste and Serendipity from Sent), Surging Flames (biggest reason to go Purifier with Sent IMO), Wisdom Buff, Sterilize... lots of good stuff there. I do not, however, use Purifier heals at all.
    Last edited by akirhol; 04-07-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Champion of Telara

26 sentinel imo at that level. 3 SHTF cooldowns (touch light, covenant, divine call), 2 more levels you can max out serendipity, and HI is great. (and tbh all you need for instances at that level range)

main spec warden isn't worth the work till 40s imo
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

+ Reply to Thread