+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Druids Satyr and his bogus tooltip of doom

Default The Druids Satyr and his bogus tooltip of doom

I'd like to draw the Cleric Druid community's attention to a glaring error in the tooltip for our 31 point Satyr talent. The tooltip quite clearly states "Summons a Satyr who fights alongside the Cleric...", I'd like to draw your attention to the word "alongside" which is demonstrably incorrect. My boofhead Satyr refuses to fight alongside me, he would much rather stand directly in front of me; or occasionally directly behind the mob like a good little DPS'er, only to inexplicably change his mind partway through the fight.

All of this erratic movement has a wonderful effect on adds, which the sneaky bugger can pull from out of thin air. I've seen him pull a LOS mob from 30m; what on Earth possesses a mob 30m away to come rushing in whooping and hollering only to suffer a rapid and violent demise by a mace to the face has still got me scratching. Particularly when 3 or 4 mobs 10m away directly in front of us can be completely oblivious to the entire bloody affair. He's a sneaky bugger that Satyr, and with tricky pulls like that he clearly has tanking aspirations that he is painfully unqualified to fill.

If you are a gatherer of any sort, or perhaps every sort like my Druid, then no doubt you have experienced the joys of skinning a mob straight after a kill, or perhaps the simple pleasures of picking flowers untrampled by cloven hoof. Yeah well that fantasy is over buddy, this crafty bugger and his whizz bang AI always contrive to stand in precisely the wrong spot for whatever it is you want to do. You are forced to tilt and pan your camera through crazy angles in an effort to bring up the hand/knife/pick of gathering. Trion have clearly done this so us Druids are forced to spend a little more time admirring the wonderful scenery they have painstakingly crafted.

That brings me to my final observation; the gathering quest. You know the drill, go here, pickup this, bring it back, fetch my dry cleaning etcetera etcetera. Trion have made this a lot easier for non Satyr owners; they have an easy to read map showing the precise location of the questgivers dry cleaning, and they have made the dry cleaning sparkle so you can see it easily when you get there. Well all of that is useless when it comes to my boofhead Satyr, whilst I'm panning, tilting and craning around looking for some lazy peanuts dry cleaning, the sneaky Satyr has contrived to stand directly on top of it with his sparkly feet conveniently concealing all trace of the thing!

I'm sure the Satyr AI would love to drop into the "whistling nonchalantly whilst pickig lint from my pockets" animation routine if only the Trion animators has coded it. I tell you, he's a sneaky bugger that Satyr. I think he's out to get me.

TL;DR The Satyr is a sneaky bugger and he's out to get you.

Telaran

I've had the same issue with the starting faerie. I had to give up on the faerie till i was able to AoE mobs down. Now the faerie decides to be nice and not aggro anything. It would have been nice now for autopulls.

well written i lold
    █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

Plane Touched

That was a good lol. You have my sympathy.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

Default The Druid Satyr and his magical feet of unpredictable pathing

I was running some dailies in Stillmoor the other day with Boofhead, (I've decided to name my Satyr Boofhead as it seems most apt), when he provided further proof that he is out to get me, and that his tooltip is woefully inaccurate in its description, specifically in the "alongside" department.

I was up on the parapets of The Endless Citadel collecting something or other from the long suffering non elites up there, when Boofhead somehow contrived to fall from the parapets to the courtyard below. Not realising Boofheads immediate predicament I proceeded to target the next mob and start mashing my combat macro. Boofhead dutifully complied with the command to attack said mob and proceeded to charge towards it via the shortest route available. Considering Boofhead was in the courtyard below, this route naturally involved running to the nearest tower, climbing up to the parapets, and charging back to the mob I was meleeing.

As you can imagine Boofhead managed to pass and aggro quite a few mobs along the way, and was taking quite a beating in an effort to perform his duties; I learned long ago to leave Boofhead on passive, when he is set to defensive he will take offense at the slightest provocation from a ranged mob shooting arrows at him and decide to charge, dragging the mobs we are meleeing with him - I run with Mien of Honour up, so boofhead usually out threats me, but at least he gets my Reparation and Righteous Mandate heals. However, I digress!

So we find Boofhead, set to passive and doing his best to ignore the mobs wailing on him, running full tilt back to me by the most circuitous path imaginable, gathering up an ever growing pack of mobs along the way. To Boofhead's immense credit, he survived long enough to fulfill his duties, taking one swipe at the targeted mob before promptly dying at my feet. There wasn't much time to mourn his passing, as he had left me a goodbye gift, namely a large pack of mobs who had suddenly just lost the focus of all their angst and didn't seem at all happy about it.

There are several ways that story can end, forunately for me I managed to stay up and avert Boofhead's latest assassination attempt against me. I suspect he may have learned from his mistake, and next time contrive to fall on the other side of the parapet and drag back an elite mob to do his dirty work for him.

TL;DR The Druid Satyr is on a secret mission to kill you and your friends
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 04-23-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    I was running some dailies in Stillmoor the other day with Boofhead, (I've decided to name my Satyr Boofhead as it seems most apt), when he provided further proof that he is out to get me, and that his tooltip is woefully inaccurate in its description, specifically in the "alongside" department.

I was up on the parapets of The Endless Citadel collecting something or other from the long suffering non elites up there, when Boofhead somehow contrived to fall from the parapets to the courtyard below. Not realising Boofheads immediate predicament I proceeded to target the next mob and start mashing my combat macro. Boofhead dutifully complied with the command to attack said mob and proceeded to charge towards it via the shortest route available. Considering Boofhead was in the courtyard below, this route naturally involved running to the nearest tower, climbing up to the parapets, and charging back to the mob I was meleeing.

As you can imagine Boofhead managed to pass and aggro quite a few mobs along the way, and was taking quite a beating in an effort to perform his duties; I learned long ago to leave Boofhead on passive, when he is set to defensive he will take offense at the slightest provocation from a ranged mob shooting arrows at him and decide to charge, dragging the mobs we are meleeing with him - I run with Mien of Honour up, so boofhead usually out threats me, but at least he gets my Reparation and Righteous Mandate heals. However, I digress!

So we find Boofhead, set to passive and doing his best to ignore the mobs wailing on him, running full tilt back to me by the most circuitous path imaginable, gathering up an ever growing pack of mobs along the way. To Boofhead's immense credit, he survived long enough to fulfill his duties, taking one swipe at the targeted mob before promptly dying at my feet. There wasn't much time to mourn his passing, as he had left me a goodbye gift, namely a large pack of mobs who had suddenly just lost the focus of all their angst and didn't seem at all happy about it.

There are several ways that story can end, forunately for me I managed to stay up and avert Boofhead's latest assassination attempt against me. I suspect he may have learned from his mistake, and next time contrive to fall on the other side of the parapet and drag back an elite mob to do his dirty work for him.

TL;DR The Druid Satyr is on a secret mission to kill you and your friends
    lol i've been there and its just funny as hell.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    I'd like to draw the Cleric Druid community's attention to a glaring error in the tooltip for our 31 point Satyr talent. The tooltip quite clearly states "Summons a Satyr who fights alongside the Cleric...", I'd like to draw your attention to the word "alongside" which is demonstrably incorrect. My boofhead Satyr refuses to fight alongside me, he would much rather stand directly in front of me; or occasionally directly behind the mob like a good little DPS'er, only to inexplicably change his mind partway through the fight.

All of this erratic movement has a wonderful effect on adds, which the sneaky bugger can pull from out of thin air. I've seen him pull a LOS mob from 30m; what on Earth possesses a mob 30m away to come rushing in whooping and hollering only to suffer a rapid and violent demise by a mace to the face has still got me scratching. Particularly when 3 or 4 mobs 10m away directly in front of us can be completely oblivious to the entire bloody affair. He's a sneaky bugger that Satyr, and with tricky pulls like that he clearly has tanking aspirations that he is painfully unqualified to fill.

If you are a gatherer of any sort, or perhaps every sort like my Druid, then no doubt you have experienced the joys of skinning a mob straight after a kill, or perhaps the simple pleasures of picking flowers untrampled by cloven hoof. Yeah well that fantasy is over buddy, this crafty bugger and his whizz bang AI always contrive to stand in precisely the wrong spot for whatever it is you want to do. You are forced to tilt and pan your camera through crazy angles in an effort to bring up the hand/knife/pick of gathering. Trion have clearly done this so us Druids are forced to spend a little more time admirring the wonderful scenery they have painstakingly crafted.

That brings me to my final observation; the gathering quest. You know the drill, go here, pickup this, bring it back, fetch my dry cleaning etcetera etcetera. Trion have made this a lot easier for non Satyr owners; they have an easy to read map showing the precise location of the questgivers dry cleaning, and they have made the dry cleaning sparkle so you can see it easily when you get there. Well all of that is useless when it comes to my boofhead Satyr, whilst I'm panning, tilting and craning around looking for some lazy peanuts dry cleaning, the sneaky Satyr has contrived to stand directly on top of it with his sparkly feet conveniently concealing all trace of the thing!

I'm sure the Satyr AI would love to drop into the "whistling nonchalantly whilst pickig lint from my pockets" animation routine if only the Trion animators has coded it. I tell you, he's a sneaky bugger that Satyr. I think he's out to get me.

TL;DR The Satyr is a sneaky bugger and he's out to get you.
    11/10 my friend, yes, I went above a 10.

Telaran

I laughed, haha. Thanks for that.
    Carule - Cleric
    Officer - Element Zero
    Clerics CAN push 1200+ DPS single!

Rift Disciple

Lmao you put way to much thought into this.

Spot on man :P But it's not just you, all pet owners have this :P

+ Reply to Thread