+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little clarification on Justi Salv healing ..

Soulwalker

Default A little clarification on Justi Salv healing ..

*NOTE* Let me preface this by saying I'm only 15 and I'm building this char to be an AE farmer, nothing more, based off of some of your guys kickass 50 AE builds. This is nothing more than a mechanics question. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00___

When every I cast my DoTs I never see any healing except on the dots that have an initial direct damage component or on 2 second cast DD's. According to the 10 points in Justi I should have right around 17% healing 100% of the time from non Justi abilities however I never see any healing ticks on Vex.

I'm guessing this is because my dot ticks are so low at my level that 17% is less than 1 healing and the game client just doesn't bother to show less than 1.

Am I correct in this assumption or am I just making a glaring mathematical error?
    Last edited by Arys; 04-07-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arys View Post
    *NOTE* Let me preface this by saying I'm only 15 and I'm building this char to be an AE farmer, nothing more, based off of some of your guys kickass 50 AE builds. This is nothing more than a mechanics question. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00___

When every I cast my DoTs I never see any healing except on the dots that have an initial direct damage component or on 2 second cast DD's. According to the 10 points in Justi I should have right around 17% healing 100% of the time from non Justi abilities however I never see any healing ticks on Vex.

I'm guessing this is because my dot ticks are so low at my level that 17% is less than 1 healing and the game client just doesn't bother to show less than 1.

Am I correct in this assumption or am I just making a glaring mathematical error?
    yes you are correct. at higher damage you will notice that dot ticks proc salvation too, albeit its too low on its own to do anything worthwhile as such.

i think that in my inq/cab/just build, my vex would hit ~200 and i would get ~37hp from salvation, that is crap. but on the other hand my fana-sd would hit 4 targets for ~3.1k each meaning 12.3k damage, and salv would fill 1/2-2/3 of my life.

Rift Disciple

It only gives healing on initial damage.

I was dissapointed too

Soulwalker

Thumbs down

********** had already been answered.
    Last edited by Flerp; 04-07-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    yes you are correct. at higher damage you will notice that dot ticks proc salvation too, albeit its too low on its own to do anything worthwhile as such.

i think that in my inq/cab/just build, my vex would hit ~200 and i would get ~37hp from salvation, that is crap. but on the other hand my fana-sd would hit 4 targets for ~3.1k each meaning 12.3k damage, and salv would fill 1/2-2/3 of my life.
    Excellent.... Thanks for the response.

+ Reply to Thread