+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lvl 50 Cleric healing

Soulwalker

Default lvl 50 Cleric healing

So I play a cleric where my big heals take to long and my small heals suck ... Biggest thing I noticed is my big heals ... 3 second cast actually take 3.5 seconds. I have a stop watch binded to my heal key and have tested time and time again each taking 3.5 seconds.

So not only do the heals suck on a class that is typically looked at to be a main top healing class but the cast times are wrong.

Tanks taking heavy damage can die in big fights before a 3 second cast, let alone a 3 second cast that actually takes 3.5 seconds.

Now I'm not going to go time each cast that's not my job, but any cleric that has ever cast HI can see its longer then 3 seconds.

Something needs done to make clerics better healers cause this is just not cutting it. A good Chloro can out heal a Cleric by almost double. Start by making the cast timers accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trin201 View Post
    So I play a cleric where my big heals take to long and my small heals suck ... Biggest thing I noticed is my big heals ... 3 second cast actually take 3.5 seconds. I have a stop watch binded to my heal key and have tested time and time again each taking 3.5 seconds.

So not only do the heals suck on a class that is typically looked at to be a main top healing class but the cast times are wrong.

Tanks taking heavy damage can die in big fights before a 3 second cast, let alone a 3 second cast that actually takes 3.5 seconds.

Now I'm not going to go time each cast that's not my job, but any cleric that has ever cast HI can see its longer then 3 seconds.

Something needs done to make clerics better healers cause this is just not cutting it. A good Chloro can out heal a Cleric by almost double. Start by making the cast timers accurate.
    I agree that long heals can be painful in some situations. That's why I dropped a 51/15 Pur/Sent build.

A 34/32 Sent/Pur build is good though because there are a number of procs and activation abilities that will decrease the case time of your big heals.

I'm also working on a Ward/Sent 45/21 build. The Ward seem much more efficient and the 36th root seems to be more beneficial than either the Pur or Sent ones.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I'm also working on a Ward/Sent 45/21 build. The Ward seem much more efficient and the 36th root seems to be more beneficial than either the Pur or Sent ones.
    Not sure specifically what 45/21 you are looking at, but I might recommend 44/22... 22 will allow you to get the group dispel from sentinel. Not gonna say that "my build is better than yours" but I'm not exactly sure where that extra point in warden would go. The mass dispel is nice :P

Rift Disciple

I used to run a warden/sent spec and found myself low on power in the higher lvl dungeons as main healer most of the time, I switched to 44 purifier rest sentinal, I never run oop or even low on power, and as to the OP's post I never use the big 3 sec cast heal unless I am in an emergency situation and pair it up with the crit + insta cast prebuff combo, I actually made a macro that casts the next healing spell always crit and next healing spell insta casts and that big heal as my 3700 point "oh crap" button, but the rest of the time I spam the 1.5 sec cast heal or 2 sec cast one and of course all my ward toys, thats usually enough to keep the tank up through any regular dungeon and on most expert fights if they dont go too crazy pulling adds.

But yes we need to get our healing more in line with the cleric class perceptions, no way a bard or a chloro should be able to so easy out heal a class built to heal but both do regularly

+ Reply to Thread