+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sent/Warden vs Sent/Purifier

Telaran

Default Sent/Warden vs Sent/Purifier

I've been running T1s for a while with a Sent/Warden build and it's been going great, keeping soothing stream on the tank, using HI in between, Healing Flood giving cheap Serendipity procs on movement heavy fights etc.
    This is the build I've been using
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tco.xE0xokRo.x

However, I noticed that many clerics prefer the Sent/Purifier build. I gave it a try, and simply couldn't get it in any way to match the healing output of my other build. The cooldowns purifier brings were either sub-par by comparison (Tidal Surge is simply better than Flashover, since it can also crit - though Flashover does bring a Serendipity so I guess it makes up for it), and although both Fiery Blessing and Latent Blaze are potent, they simply didn't seem to make up for the loss of constant healing from Soothing Stream on the tank, the orbs and Overflow. Also seemed to completely lose all mobility and inexpensive aoe healing outside of surging flames.
    The build I tried for Sent/Purifier was something along the lines of this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tco..E00E0Lzqz
    and I tried both straight up HI or Restorative Flame spam, and alternating between the two to get the most ouf of the hot and the shield.

What am I missing here?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    What am I missing here?
    Probably about 60% extra heals on your HoT spells because you wasted points on sentinel to get a battle rez and some cast-time enhancing cooldowns for a mostly instant-cast healer. 51 point warden or don't bother tbh.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Probably about 60% extra heals on your HoT spells because you wasted points on sentinel to get a battle rez and some cast-time enhancing cooldowns for a mostly instant-cast healer. 51 point warden or don't bother tbh.
    I'm not interested in losing every meaningful cooldown in order to gain the only thing a 51pt warden is good for, aoe heals, especially when I'm solo healing 5mans and not doing raids.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    I'm not interested in losing every meaningful cooldown in order to gain the only thing a 51pt warden is good for, aoe heals, especially when I'm solo healing 5mans and not doing raids.
    LOL. Actually the 5mans are where the AoE healing from warden is strongest. However...

Ocean's Blessing (36 root): Passive. Increases the Spell Power bonus on your heal over time spells by 6%, plus an additional 3.5% per point spent in the Warden soul above 36.

Bonus at 32: 0%
    Bonus at 36: 6%
    Bonus at 44: 34%
    Bonus at 51: 58.5

This bonus is VERY noticeable and losing it takes your HoTs from being able to heal a tank through a 5man to being filler and not really worth the GCD required to cast them

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Telaran

LOL. Actually the 5mans are where the AoE healing from warden is strongest. However...

Ocean's Blessing (36 root): Passive. Increases the Spell Power bonus on your heal over time spells by 6%, plus an additional 3.5% per point spent in the Warden soul above 36.

Bonus at 32: 0%
    Bonus at 36: 6%
    Bonus at 44: 34%
    Bonus at 51: 58.5

This bonus is VERY noticeable and losing it takes your HoTs from being able to heal a tank through a 5man to being filler and not really worth the GCD required to cast them
    I've no doubt that with 51pts in Warden my SS would tick for more than ~450 that it does now, but the reason I made this thread was about offspecs for a Sentinel healer.
    I tried warden, I leveled and healed all non experts as Warden, it's great for a target dummy but without cooldowns it just doesn't stack up even if it has marginally more healing per second than the other souls when everything goes perfectly.

Ascendant

I find the Sent/Warden build to be largely useless. I do use Warden(51)/Sentinel(15)/Purifier(0) for most of my instance runs and generally it works very well. The 15 in Sentinel get you ToL so you can make one of your spell insta-cast occasionally (I usually will use this for Healing Cataract) and honestly I think Deluge heals for more than Healing Invocation does anyway.

Let's take a look at the cooldowns you get from sentinel(32) that you don't get with Sentinel(15).

1. Life's Return (32 root). In-combat Revive. 10 minute recast.
    2. Healer's Covenant (20 root). 40% damage reduction for 10 seconds. 2 minute recast.
    3. Healer's Haste (31 branch). Next 5 spells will cast 30% faster. 2 minute cooldown.

So once every two minutes you can make the tank take 40% less damage and make 5 spells cast a fraction faster. In exchange you lose the majority of your AoE heals, 60% spellpower bonus for your HoT spells (most things you cast are HoTs) and some abilities from the warden branches.

No thanks.

Sentinel/Purifier however DOES work quite well because the sentinel's 'cast stuff faster' buttons and procs help out alot with the Purifier's spells that literally take the entire afternoon to cast.

Soulwalker

I find the Sent/Warden build to be largely useless. I do use Warden(51)/Sentinel(15)/Purifier(0) for most of my instance runs and generally it works very well. The 15 in Sentinel get you ToL so you can make one of your spell insta-cast occasionally (I usually will use this for Healing Cataract) and honestly I think Deluge heals for more than Healing Invocation does anyway.

Let's take a look at the cooldowns you get from sentinel(32) that you don't get with Sentinel(15).

2. Healer's Covenant (20 root). 40% damage reduction for 10 seconds. 2 minute recast.
    3. Healer's Haste (31 branch). Next 5 spells will cast 30% faster. 2 minute cooldown.

So once every two minutes you can make the tank take 40% less damage and make 5 spells cast a fraction faster. In exchange you lose the majority of your AoE heals, 60% spellpower bonus for your HoT spells (most things you cast are HoTs) and some abilities from the warden branches.

No thanks.

Sentinel/Purifier however DOES work quite well because the sentinel's 'cast stuff faster' buttons and procs help out alot with the Purifier's spells that literally take the entire afternoon to cast.
    I really really disagree with you that sentinel/warden doesn't work well together.

I love having serendipity procs from my HoT casts and the in combat revive, aoe cleanse, healer's haste and healer's convenant are all extremely useful tools to have. The serendipity procs then help with your healing invocation cast times. You can still aoe heal if needed, whilst having some useful cooldowns and good single target heals.

I love it.

No thanks.

lmao, have fun in raid content kid. Atm you are doing what a chloro does, only lacking their awesome reduction buff and having less tankheal.

Cd's are what clerics are all about, and as u progress in endgame pve u will realize how ****ing important those cd's are, healers haste is a MUST, 40 % reduction is a MUST and serendipity (imo) are in all specs a MUST have.

51 Warden should work fine until u want to be actually useful.

the damage that is put out in t2 i cant fathom a bunch of insta cast dots countering them.

you would never every every keep a rift blade alive in t2 as a warden.... so i guess you guys have all been healing ONLY paladins in t1 and non 50 dungeons.

i could be wrong, but i dont feel that huge crits and 4000 spike damage are what the warden is cut out for and thats what most boss fights are.

wardens have a mix of aoe and are really easy to use with fire and forget spells

sent is good for raid healing and aoe effects but also has 2 great ohnoes buttons

purifier heals the main tank well and spreading flames pretty much teaches you triage, tank gets healing first, rest of you get the left overs. ancestors imo is my favorite ohnoes button and yoiu get 2 extra low effect ohnoes buttons in the 2 other blessings (crit blessing and bubble blessing) and while they are low effect they are still buttons to give you a boost for their duration.

each spec has its place.... wardens is bunny hopping around in pre t2 content 1 buton macro healing

Rift Chaser

Im running a 51 sent/15 warden/0 purifer spec and love it Mana issues at times, but that's why the have mana pots!!! Its great for that spiky damage, I love the absorption sheild on myself for those nasty aoe's, and the hots just keep on rolling!!!! But that's me, your play style may be completely different. That's why there's more than one option!!!

Drunk

Prophet of Telara

what you missed was that sent/pur playes alot differently than warden/sent.

a warden keeps his cds for oh-**** moments. a pur/sent doesn't he has so many that there is no need to.

you probably didn't rotate your cooldowns.

the beaty of the build is that you have so many that you dont actually wait for the oh-**** moment to happen to spam them, but you use them proactively, like the hots from warden.

trying to heal with just ancestral or HI spam and then casting your cds is more like to playing the warden/sent spamming only HI and when the boss has him in half health, only then starting to hot him up.

i usually w8 until the tank is ~2/3 of health and then cast ttl+flashover+3sec heal, then i use fiery+3secs casts giving me ~20seconds of imba healing, use covenant in between and try to keep 1-2cds for trully terrible moments.

healer's hast is not 'minimal' cast time reduction as some wardens point out. It makes your 3sec cast 2.1 sec casts. If you want to put it blantly it is like wardens had a cd that said your next 5 deluge's heal for 70%more.

crit while healer's bleesing is up means that you cast your 3sec cast in 0.6sec. Fiery+healer haste is imba this way since you get consistent criticals.

there are many tricks about how to use your cds and they provide the most burst healing available to us in all the specs combined. This is what sent/pur has in favor of the sent/warden, much, much more burst healing.
    Last edited by shroudb; 04-06-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    the damage that is put out in t2 i cant fathom a bunch of insta cast dots countering them.

you would never every every keep a rift blade alive in t2 as a warden.... so i guess you guys have all been healing ONLY paladins in t1 and non 50 dungeons.

i could be wrong, but i dont feel that huge crits and 4000 spike damage are what the warden is cut out for and thats what most boss fights are.

wardens have a mix of aoe and are really easy to use with fire and forget spells

sent is good for raid healing and aoe effects but also has 2 great ohnoes buttons

purifier heals the main tank well and spreading flames pretty much teaches you triage, tank gets healing first, rest of you get the left overs. ancestors imo is my favorite ohnoes button and yoiu get 2 extra low effect ohnoes buttons in the 2 other blessings (crit blessing and bubble blessing) and while they are low effect they are still buttons to give you a boost for their duration.

each spec has its place.... wardens is bunny hopping around in pre t2 content 1 buton macro healing
    I have healed a rogue tank in AP yesterday, exclusively in 44 warden. And he had crappy tank gear. No wipes except for overpulls.
    Don't want to derail the thread, but I can't let ****posts like this slide past. If you don't know how warden works, don't spout nonsense.

To address the OP. I don't understand what's your problem. If your build works for you, why do you want to change it? Puri/sent builds are, as you said, less mobile, so you have to use them right. Having at least 1 priest spamming HI or RF on MT can be quite useful in raids. Puri/sent also works good for fights where you don't have to move around too much, though you can't rely on surging flames for AoE healing.

Soulwalker

I am in no mean deluded to the power of the purifier. i have tried it out and tbh, don't like it at all. thats just my preference. throughout levelling i used maxed warden and it was great. when i got to T1/T2 i had to revamp it a bit for the insane spiky damage.

im no running a 38 Sent/ 28 Ward. i have found this spec to be the most balanced AoE/Single target healing spec for my playing style. having TtL covinent, HI ect, combine with SS, Orbs, Inproved deluge ect ect is unbeatable in my books.

But hey, each to thier own, and if your healing through it, who the hell cares.???

Rift Chaser

One of the best 2 AoE heals is Healing Communion 51 sent. Its freaking awesome, with one hella mana cost, but a great saver for those omg look at all those mobs beating on my group!!! Ive saved many wipes on experts with this one.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkhealer View Post
    One of the best 2 AoE heals is Healing Communion 51 sent. Its freaking awesome, with one hella mana cost, but a great saver for those omg look at all those mobs beating on my group!!! Ive saved many wipes on experts with this one.
    im sure that healing comunion is not 51 point....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast