+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi. I'm new to Rift. But I want to heal.

Soulwalker

Default Hi. I'm new to Rift. But I want to heal.

Hey there folks,

I've decided to try Rift. What I'm looking for is class/combination that is versatile but won't get me replaced at end-game raiding.

I ask because I don't want to be stuck to one niche, but rather, have the freedom to explore Raid healing/Tank Healing/Support.

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm downloading the game as I type this out and wanted to know if there was a class/soul combination that is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help

Practical

Ascendant

You probably should have looked into the main selling point of the game before you bought it huh?
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Ascendant

Beauty of rift is you can have up to 4 "roles" each of which has a different combination of 3 souls that you can change whenever you are out of combat. So you can pick a pure heal soul combination, then a tanking soul combination, then a DPS/offheal soul combination and change it at will. Just experiment with the souls, resetting them takes almost no money to do, mess around see what works for you.

Soulwalker

You want to heal? Mage forum is that way <-.

No, but seriously, you can pick a ton of soul combos that work for mage or cleric, dunno about bard since they nerfed their blanket heals.

That and it doesn't take long to level in this game, so level a cleric, and if you don't like it, you can always level a mage as pyro aand /lolwin til they nerf it, then go chloro for healing.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    You probably should have looked into the main selling point of the game before you bought it huh?
    I'm aware of the Soul system and how you can have multiple souls to actually accomplish different roles.

My thing is, I just want a combination that allows me to explore different types of healing -- Raid/Tank. Apologies if there isn't a real answer the question, I was just hoping to find a "this is what you're looking for" type of response from someone :|

Ascendant

Sentinel/Warden/Purifier are the 3 souls you want, how you spend the points is up to your playstyle.

Zea
    Shadowlander

Roll a chloromancer if you want to heal.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    Roll a chloromancer if you want to heal.
    +1
    /tencharacters
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Practical View Post
    I'm aware of the Soul system and how you can have multiple souls to actually accomplish different roles.

My thing is, I just want a combination that allows me to explore different types of healing -- Raid/Tank. Apologies if there isn't a real answer the question, I was just hoping to find a "this is what you're looking for" type of response from someone :|
    You really aren't going to find a single combination that does everything. That being said clerics are very versatile in what they can do (although we're a little bit gimped at some of it, hoping for fixes soon).

Since you have 4 role slots you can switch between any time you are not in combat I'm sure you'll be able to work out what you want. Some runs I've been on half the group changes their specs for a specific encounter then swaps back to what they were before.

Short answer is, yes clerics can be a tank, rdps, mdps, tank healing, AoE healing (needs most love from devs), support, or some hybrid combination of those things.
    My hybrid just kicked your ***, how sad are you?

Rift Chaser

if u want MULTIPLE heal roles, it's cleric...you can heal as a chloro, but you're stuck to chloro and mixing in some support or some dmg...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    if u want MULTIPLE heal roles, it's cleric...you can heal as a chloro, but you're stuck to chloro and mixing in some support or some dmg...
    Multiple heal roles? I will just take the one that keeps my allies alive. Right now that is Chloromancer.

But if you want to be a mediocre tank and mediocre dps and mediocre heals but really tear up PvP by all means roll a Cleric. They have lots of souls that dont really do any job all that well outside PvP. But they can pretend to do them all.

Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread