+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Justicar/cab spec

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default Justicar/cab spec

    Just wondering if anyone has tried this for ranged and AOE tanking? You obviously can't go all the way up the Justicar tree since you would need Tyrrany and Sigil of binding.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasWood View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has tried this for ranged and AOE tanking? You obviously can't go all the way up the Justicar tree since you would need Tyrrany and Sigil of binding.
    Are you spying on me or something? I just did a Cab+Inquis+26 Justicar for the durability, and oh s h i t 3k heal.

    I have ..

    7500+ health
    49% Reduction to physical damage for armor.
    26% Parry
    15% damage reduction from Justicar

    To test it out, I was pulling up to 20 level 48, 49, and even 50 mobs, so long as most of them were melee, I barely got to half health, and burned them down in short order. I'll have to test it later on group mobs, but had I known about this when I was leveling. <drool>

    I plan on giving this a full run of the mill tests when I get the time this week. But all and all, when I'm farming for butchering, I'll be using this build.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-05-2011 at 01:29 PM.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Interesting, haven't thought of that combination before. Inq/Jus/Sen has been a favourite all-rounder build, with Inq/Cab/Sen for AoE grinding. But replacing Sentinel with Justicar for that purpose?

    On the top of my head it'd affect the amount you could invest into Inquisitor, and you lose the extra damage provided by Sentinel. Basically you'd be trading damage for some extra survivability. Not sure if that is worth it, atleast for AoE-grinding needs. Pulling 20 mobs is fun, no doubt, but not as effective as "traditional" Inq/Cab chain-grinding of 5-7 mob groups.

    Might make for a decent Rift-soloing build, though.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    How does this work for tanking dungeons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Are you spying on me or something? I just did a Cab+Inquis+26 Justicar for the durability, and oh s h i t 3k heal.

    I have ..

    7500+ health
    49% Reduction to physical damage for armor.
    26% Parry
    15% damage reduction from Justicar

    To test it out, I was pulling up to 20 level 48, 49, and even 50 mobs, so long as most of them were melee, I barely got to half health, and burned them down in short order. I'll have to test it later on group mobs, but had I known about this when I was leveling. <drool>

    I plan on giving this a full run of the mill tests when I get the time this week. But all and all, when I'm farming for butchering, I'll be using this build.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Boondocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    I tried a Cab/Justicar build... I didn't like it so much. I didn't mess around with it too much, but I had either 24 or 25 points invested in Justicar and the rest were in Cabalist. Even with that many points in Justicar I felt really squishy. I tried doing some soloing - I found Inquisitor/Justicar to be easier to handle, less dying. I think with some more "try outs" I could get something that would work better than Inquisitor. I think that without self-healing Vex, it just feels a whole lot tougher.

    As for PVP, I didn't like it at all. Just putting a few points into Cab alone lowers your survival rate, Justicar just slows you down a little bit (what I've seen so far).
    Last edited by Boondocker; 04-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

  6. #6
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasWood View Post
    How does this work for tanking dungeons?
    I'll have to test it out later this week.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    I've honestly never tried it because, on paper, it has no synergy. To get the most out of Justicar, you need to deal Life damage. To get the most out of Cab, you need to deal Death damage.

    cognitive dissonance arrrrrrggggghhhhhh

  8. #8
    Telaran Stage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I was planning to give this a try for tanking trash mobs in T1, because Maelstrom would remove my need to LOS pull, and would speed things up a bit (or in teams where people won't stand where I ask, or constantly come out of cover to peek, get aggro, then run all over the ****ing place, speed things up a LOT). It would be less durable of course.
    Sparkwing:
    Phasechange
    Goatdude
    Stage
    Battlespork

  9. #9
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...k0Mz.Eu0o0tcoo

    Keep in mind I put this together early in the morning because I was bored, and only got to test it on solo mobs, pulling a metric arston of them and mowing them down.

    I was pulling anything in range of ..

    Sanction Heretic
    Bolt of Radiance
    Censure
    Sovereignty

    Once I gathered all of the mobs I could, I would use in order .... (keep in mind if one came up before the full rotation, I'd use it and continue)...

    Soul Drain
    Engulfing Shadows
    Curse of Solitude
    Bound Fate
    Righteous Imperative
    *Even Justice - This is a great filler, if nothing else is up and gives you convictions.

    When I needed a heal, I had Doctrine of Bliss, or if I got in trouble, which happened after pulling roughly 22 level 50 mobs I used Reprieve. When I needed power I used Aggressive Renewal, or triggered Purpose and spammed Strike of Judgment for 10 seconds.

    The cool thing about any Justicar build is it tirggers the Crystal Vine heal, which heals for 750 over 8 seconds.

    I will test this out on dungeons later this week, but if you can test it out for me, or even find a way to clean up the build since I just threw it together please share any information, or advice you have.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  10. #10
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harwel View Post
    I've honestly never tried it because, on paper, it has no synergy. To get the most out of Justicar, you need to deal Life damage. To get the most out of Cab, you need to deal Death damage.

    cognitive dissonance arrrrrrggggghhhhhh
    I thought that too, so it never crossed my mind. But quite honestly the heals coming in seem to be bigger, than when you're using life based damage.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  11. #11
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    For the record, I'm not saying the build is good, bad, or ugly. I was just bored and tried something out for fun. I was actually suprised to see how well it worked, so I plan on cleaning it up, and giving it a real run with a full array of tests.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  12. #12
    Telaran Stage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Heh, if Reveral of Fortune works on Konstantin's fury this build could become popular.

    Not holding my breath though, I have never seen that damn spell work.
    Sparkwing:
    Phasechange
    Goatdude
    Stage
    Battlespork

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    I thought that too, so it never crossed my mind. But quite honestly the heals coming in seem to be bigger, than when you're using life based damage.
    Damage type only matters for building conviction. the amount of healing and damage mods matters on soul and which mein you are using.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stage View Post
    Heh, if Reveral of Fortune works on Konstantin's fury this build could become popular.

    Not holding my breath though, I have never seen that damn spell work.
    I've used it in PVP before. Most of the time you don't notice it. Occasional when I would proc it I would see a bolt of fire come at me and bounce back into the mage that just cast it at me. Always a hoot.

    My idea of it was 16 point Cab for Sigil of binding and tyrrany spam and 50 points in Justicar. The point would be building AOE hate quickly and preventing runners in dungeons.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasWood View Post
    Damage type only matters for building conviction. the amount of healing and damage mods matters on soul and which mein you are using.
    I know that, but it just didn't register when I was occasionally thinking of this spec, on those cold dark nights I was bored.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts