+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Offensive Clerics - how to match your damage to other classes

Default Offensive Clerics - how to match your damage to other classes

If you have chosen one of the 4 offensive souls, and are realizing they do not seem to hit as hard as other classes abilities, despite trading in all your healing abilities for pure offense and are looking for a solution, I found something that helps.

After buffing your spell power or attack power to just over the 1k mark, enter a warfront and immediately find the red powerup which increases your damage significantly. The thing about this powerup is it makes your offensive spells or attacks hit almost as hard as other classes, so if you get engaged in a fight you will now at least have the same damage as a mage, rogue or warrior.

As long as you repeatedly pick this buff up your single target damage will still be on par with other classes. If you do not use this buff, it is likely that you will still hit for around 400 with spell abilities and around 350 with melee abilities. This applies only to clerics that have sacrificed healing and enjoy doing damage with one of the 4/8 regular offensive souls.

It feels rather nice actually being able to hit as hard as a pyro when in caster mode, or hitting as hard as a warrior while in melee, but the fact that this buff is needed to see the same health portion drop as when they hit you is a sad testament to certain damage scaling. Another viable option is hitting /camp and launching any of the 3 other classes, as you see a significant increase in numbers, and in my case my scores in pvp and my favor rise dramatically on switching from my Cleric to Mage, but then again the Cleric is more of a healing class so they probably did not spend much time making the offensive souls any good whatsoever, so it is likely that it will be known as the gimp class that will just spam heals on himself to keep himself alive as a heal spec, or in this case if you do not have the red powerup it will be even easier to kill you.

The key to this is always hoarding the powerup during the warfront so that you can have equal favor and also hold your own. Losing this powerup will mean certain death for you.

P.S. - Now it is time to hear all the Clerics who will post below me on how great their DPS specs are...
    Last edited by Reveille; 04-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Shadowlander

Honestly I dont see anybody posting because you pointed out the most stupid thing there is to say.. GRAB DA BUFF GUYZ U HIT HARD. no **** guy

Edit- and u took all that time to tell people grab the berserker buff /facepalm
    Last edited by Ryko; 04-04-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Shadowlander

I have a great secret for living a little bit longer......HP Potions (shhhh, I don't want others to catch on!)

Shadowlander

Hahaha lmao yea wouldn't want warriors getting wind of healing potions! Its OPs like you who get my private inbox filled with warnings from trion saying I'm rude.. Now I'm probably gettin a 3rd one

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    Honestly I dont see anybody posting because you pointed out the most stupid thing there is to say.. GRAB DA BUFF GUYZ U HIT HARD. no **** guy

Edit- and u took all that time to tell people grab the berserker buff /facepalm
    I think you completely missed the sarcasm in his post..

Shadowlander

If that's sarcasm he hides it well and took alot of time to post wall o text to be sarcastic :/

I caught on easily to the sarcasm...

Rift Disciple

Awsome, people getting trolled.

8/10, was to obvious in my case.
    Last edited by Exea; 04-04-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Exea View Post
    Awsome, people getting trolled.

8/10, was to obvious in my case.
    How can it be "obvious"?
    You got tons of ******s making ******ed posts all over the forums.
    And somehow it's obvious that "this" ******ed posts is sarcasm?

It looks like every other ******ed post to me.

Oh, I was quite serious while being sarcastic. The damage numbers are true. If you have played a cleric you will know you pretty much have to choose full offensive and lose your heals if you want to damage anything. I was merely pointing out that even if you choose 51 and 15 full dps mode, you still hit half as hard as other classes, and now lost all your heals. Hence, offensive (non-healing) clerics can enjoy using the powerup in warfronts so that they will know what it feels like to hit as hard as the other classes.

On a side note, if you think that a non-healing cleric can outdamage a mage in a pvp duel or perhaps even a rogue in some cases, I would be glad to watch this duel and will roll a character on that server just to see such battles to prove that the offensive souls do not need any help. This is in spite of the fact that using a test dummy with a pyro yields much higher numbers already, and yes they are both equally geared at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
    Oh, I was quite serious while being sarcastic. The damage numbers are true. If you have played a cleric you will know you pretty much have to choose full offensive and lose your heals if you want to damage anything. I was merely pointing out that even if you choose 51 and 15 full dps mode, you still hit half as hard as other classes, and now lost all your heals. Hence, offensive (non-healing) clerics can enjoy using the powerup in warfronts so that they will know what it feels like to hit as hard as the other classes.
    Now see, I thought you had a brilliant troll going and then you ruin it like this. Your damage numbers are not accurate. If you have 1k SP and the zerker buff and only hitting for 400 ... you must be looking at your auto-attack. With 900 SP and zerker, I can two shot certain players with Sanction Heretic and Life's Vengeance. Maybe going 51 points in and "losing your healing", as you put it, is your problem. Have you noticed that the healing souls have some nice damage and crit bonus talents?

On a side note, if you think that a non-healing cleric can outdamage a mage in a pvp duel or perhaps even a rogue in some cases, I would be glad to watch this duel and will roll a character on that server just to see such battles to prove that the offensive souls do not need any help. This is in spite of the fact that using a test dummy with a pyro yields much higher numbers already, and yes they are both equally geared at 50.
    It's pretty hard to make a 'non-healing' Cleric, unless you are purposely trolling yourself. I don't think there is a SINGLE Cleric soul without some sort of healing mechanism. You don't have to outdamage a Mage or Rogue because you can heal ... and shield, and debuff, root, snare, silence, and purge.

You are either a master troll (though if you're still trolling, you sold it too hard), or incredibly confused. Either way, it's making my head hurt!
    Last edited by Gr1fter; 04-04-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Ascendant

Hence, offensive (non-healing) clerics can enjoy using the powerup in warfronts so that they will know what it feels like to hit as hard as the other classes.
    Level 22 or 23 (as cleric), I got 1st in damage dealth in my warfront team, with more than 2x the second place. Just saying. Was 1st pretty much everytime, unless I switched to heals during the warfront.

Cleric can deal damage.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Level 22 or 23 (as cleric), I got 1st in damage dealth in my warfront team, with more than 2x the second place. Just saying. Was 1st pretty much everytime, unless I switched to heals during the warfront.

Cleric can deal damage.
    LEVEL 20!!!!!

cmon dont bother posting about your lvl 20 experiences

anyway, at level 40 the dmg is still fine.. so the problem might be the scaling with gear?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Emissary View Post
    LEVEL 20!!!!!

cmon dont bother posting about your lvl 20 experiences

anyway, at level 40 the dmg is still fine.. so the problem might be the scaling with gear?
    Just an update, Ding!'ed 40 today.

Played 3 warfronts ( in the 40-49 brackets, making me the lowest possible player there ) and I got 1st in damage dealt in all 3. At level 40.

In 2 out of the 3 warfronts, I had at least 1.5x more than the second place.
    Worth to mention that my gear is downright horrible. I ran 1 dungeon on this toon, IT, that's it.

Seriously OP, what soul/build are you using if you can't DPS as a cleric?
    51 points warden?
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 04-07-2011 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    How can it be "obvious"?
    You got tons of ******s making ******ed posts all over the forums.
    And somehow it's obvious that "this" ******ed posts is sarcasm?

It looks like every other ******ed post to me.

Woah, calm down there tiger, it's just a game. Save that anger for better things, like taking a dump.

+ Reply to Thread