+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I want to try a Warden spec - how deep in Warden do I need to go?

Default I want to try a Warden spec - how deep in Warden do I need to go?

I'm experimenting with different healing builds, and I'd like to try a Warden/Sentinel build next. (Right now I use a 44 Purifier/21 Sentinel build I'm pretty happy with.) My question is - how deep into Warden do I want to go to get a good balance between the 36pt HoT % increase, and the trade-off of losing the Sentinel bonuses.

Right now I'm considering the basic 38/28 split: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...qtRqz.E0y0bczc. I skipped Healing Invocation and the HoT tick from it in favor of increasing my crit bonus (I run with about ~13% base crit), and I still get the AoE healing and Serendipity from Sentinel along with Orbs of the Tide from Warden. My only panic buttons are Healer's Covenant and Touch the Light, which leave me mildly concerned.

I'm also considering how critical Serendipity is with this build. My longest casts are two seconds, which isn't really that bad. I could drop Sentinel to 21 points (dropping Serendipity and Walk in the Light; I'd hate to give up Empowering Light), and put those points back into Warden, which would buff my HoTs by another 25% or so.

Suggestions from people using Warden/Sent specs? What's the better way to go to try this build? Serendipity and weaker HoTs? Or stronger HoTs? (Also, do I need Healing Invocation in this build?)

Thanks in advance!
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Any Wardens out there to offer suggestions?
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    Any Wardens out there to offer suggestions?
    I'll be honest here and say I haven't tested http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tqtRqz.E0x0foz but I will tonight. But I've seen enough wardens on the forums linking variations of a 44 build. Healing Cataract is plain good.

If it makes the transition easier you might wanna try a senti/warden or puri/warden spec first.
    You might have a shock how different the healing feels and after 1-2 fails say "screw it" and you will go back to your senti/puri spec.
    I've been running http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Ro.E0e0bstco.x trough CC/AP/RD T2 quite fine as long as the other players are on par. I do always have a chloro by my side though...
    Keep hots up 24/7. If it gets heavy on the tank I just spam HI and refresh 4xSS always. If things get back to normal I can throw a HS or HC etc.. If random members will be targeted with damage, I always put Orbs on me and the 2nd healer. AoE damage? AoE heal HoT. Massive AoE damage? Divine Call.
    You already know not to be greedy on keeping your cooldowns, so got quite enough in Senti

Make a macro for your battle rez to tell in chat whom are you CRing so you don't mess up with your chloro.
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-05-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Rift Chaser

i run a 44ward/22sent build...got a 34/32 build in mind once i get some better gear...serendipity's a bit of a waste if you're not planning to cast HI...it reduces HI to 1.5s cast(same as GCD) so it's like a backloaded instant cast...but warden casts are all 2 secs, reduces to 0.5s which front loads your dmg, but still have to wait a sec for the GCD...i suppose you could go 1 point in serendipity for the possibility to make your casts 1.5s, in line with the GCD but seems liek a waste...i'd probably grab the extra range on ur aoe heals or effectiveness of aoe heals...

Telaran

I honestly have no problem with full warden, lots of people use a Warden/Sent build with points spent pretty evenly, but the hot bonus from 36+ is really just hard to resist; full 51 warden has a 60% SP bonus on hot skills, which means it scales extremely well with end game gear.

There are some instances where the Puri/AOE cleanse is must, or for trash pulls I stick with my sent/pur build; but for most boss fights the 51 warden never seems to fail me, the extremely high HPS, great mana efficiency, and great mobility makes it extremely valuable in lots of fights. The healing I can put out is just absolutely amazing, the other healing souls can't even come close; tied with a chloro to help with burst damage on a tank, I seriously thin full warden is the most powerful and funnest healer.

About the 44 build, the only reason I would see it's worthwhile going down that path is for the AOE cleanse, otherwise you're much better off going ful 51 warden an picking up the extra 25% hot bonus and the extremely powerful Downpour; the 25% more then makes up for the only 5% flock bonus provides, not to mention it effects all heal over time skills, and not just the AOE ones.
    Last edited by Bennyboy; 04-05-2011 at 12:54 AM.
    >>>>Creator of the SentaEpeen^urz soul<<<<

Telaran

Most common variations:

51 warden / 15 sent - The best hots, no HC, no AoE dispell, no HI.
    44 warden / 22 sent - Very good hots, HC, AoE dispell, HI.
    38 warden / 28 sent - Okay hots, HC, AoE dispell, HI, serendipity, no cataract, divine call.
    34 warden / 32 sent - Basic hots, no cataract, no AoE balls, all the sent goodies plus combat res.

Take your pick.
    The last two builds imply heavy usage of HI. The first two builds are mostly based on deluge.

Ascendant

wrong thread
    Last edited by Tranquility; 04-05-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    but warden casts are all 2 secs, reduces to 0.5s which front loads your dmg, but still have to wait a sec for the GCD...i suppose you could go 1 point in serendipity for the possibility to make your casts 1.5s, in line with the GCD but seems liek a waste...i'd probably grab the extra range on ur aoe heals or effectiveness of aoe heals...
    You are looking at this all wrong. What serendepity does on a 2s spell is provide you mobility. Kiting / positioning / repositioning is the building block of what makes a good healer. Why? Dead healers dont heal.
    Irony - Pathiss

Rift Disciple

I usually heal with 34 sentinal 32 purifier but I wanted a spec with more AOE heals and that offered more mobility for tier 2's. I came up with 34 sentinal, 27 warden, 5 purifier (crit). Basically keep SS, HS up and main heal is HI. I will cast deluge if i do not have the time to stand still for HI.

Did a throughput comparison to my guildies 44 warden 22 sentinal build (no cooldowns allowed) and I had between 10-20% higher single target throughput. The time he spent casting his 2 second Hot (forget the name) I was casting another HI. Once hots fully stacked, I can cast 2 x HI and 1 healing breath between hot refreshes. If serendipity procs for either of those HI's, I can squeeze in a 3rd. With 821 unbuffed SP my HI hits for about 1835. My guildie with 850 SP uses Deluge which hits for about the same with only a 2 second cast. Still, my overall throughput was substantially higher single target.

Not sure how other warden specs play but should my stacks fall off, it is not as inconvenient as you would imagine. I was a little intimidated trying to manage hots with this UI but this build is pretty easy to play.

Rift Disciple

Can't edit.

My build is amost identical to Shaynaro's. Actually it may be identical to the point. Agree with everything he/she said.

Telaran

I use 3 builds

51 ward/ 10 sent/ 5 cabalist (extra spell power)
    44 ward/ 22 sent (AoE dispell FTW situations)

And

34 Ward 32 Sent is what I am raiding with.

This has scaled amazingly with gear. Last night on Prince having .5 sec casts of healing communion was amazing for Massive AoE heals. A few pots and a cascade later boss down.

Also this build has not relied so much on HI as previous though. The normal rotaton with Warden tree, 4x SS, HC, HS, Deluge is working fine right now to keep the tanks up. Macro'd Instant HI for hard hits and yes one in awhile using the 1.5 cast HI. But not as much as I thought before. This might have to do with the tank being geared though.
    Last edited by Ambertisch; 04-05-2011 at 06:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread