+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trion... I'm a Cleric, and I need love too.

Default Trion... I'm a Cleric, and I need love too.

Serendipity is still bugged.
    Flashover+Touch the Light+Enflamed Rejuv will bug out occasionally and prevent it from either A) Instant Casting or B) Critting (You keep the buff for full duration, except in the case of Flashover you keep it until you get a normal crit)
    Chloros can output 2-3x our healing on the entire raid (I have seen Chloros solo heal DSM and nearly every boss in CC). When a class can output more AoE heals than we can single target, it's a little broken. Oh, they can also do 300-450 DPS as well while doing it.

Honestly, I'm fine not being the best class at a job. I played a resto shaman from release of Vanilla WoW until Wrath, meaning I suffered from LHW spam and being next to useless save for Manatide. But this is nearly beyond saving. I figured I would stick it out until the patch, see if you actually fixed things. Instead, you nerfed us further while not fixing the bugs that CRIPPLE many specs. I want to heal. Cleric sounded like a healer. My friend wanted to heal, he rolled a Cleric as well. 2 weeks ago he rerolled a Chloro. And I'm about to do the same.

And I won't delve into the DPS issues cleric suffer from. Honestly, if we are the "main healing" class, we shouldn't be putting out the same numbers as a mage.

But oh wait, that mage can outheal us...

All in all, I'm mad. Trion, Rift is a great game, and I'm not quitting, but I've been eagerly awaiting a fix that just hasn't come. People may claim "IT'S ONLY BEEN A MONTH" need to walk a mile in the shoes of a T2/Greenscale cleric. All I want is for you, the benevolent leaders, to acknowledge our pain. Our suffering. We are the fat kid in gym class, lagging behind everyone in the mile run.
    Last edited by Brolly; 03-30-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Telaran

Brolly... I still love you, even if you're a cleric.

Allow me to help point out how gamebreaking this is for me currently.

I just made a serious post.

Seriously.

I rarely agree when someone is calling for a buff to their class, and using an example by stating x class does my job better, but I have to agree here, Clerics need major work.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/29903/rift-forum-signature.png

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolly View Post
    Allow me to help point out how gamebreaking this is for me currently.

I just made a serious post.

Seriously.
    Cheer up mate! Maybe someone will listen and lend a hand to the unsung heros of the game.
    playing since Beta on DwsPrime aka PrimeTime and now aka PrimusMaximus

Agree, between the Mana mechanic, no creative alternate mechanic (like Charge for mages) and the fact that other classes do our jobs better while still offering DPS is a insult to good healers.

They were kind enough to ensure that we needed to take 3 souls just to heal effectively and protect ourselves; without the Purifier we die fast; especially in PVP. Without the Warden we have no instant DPS and no HoTs and without Sentinel we really have no decent group heals.

A good healer should be able to heal according to the situation, we have to be able to top people off with HoTs, protect ourselves with shields and heal both single target and group both instantly and over a casting time. Oh and somewhere in that mess we need to at least have the option to do some damage too.

Any spell that takes longer than 1 second to cast should be doing a decent amount of healing, those taking over 2 seconds should be healing a huge amount of healing. This is not the case, a 1.5 second heal and a 3 second heal end up doing about the same amount of healing in the end.

Cleric healing (and DPS) needs some major (positive) attention to improve healing, improve protection and improve mana resource management.
    Last edited by Delphya; 03-30-2011 at 02:44 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

I'm going to keep bumping this. Not because I want Trion to lock this thread, but because I want a dev to come in here and say "We will be fixing you." or "We are currently looking into making clerics more viable for PvE content" or "We feel Clerics are where we want them to be."

I am a very patient person. But I cannot find myself waiting for something that I don't know will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolly View Post
    And I won't delve into the DPS issues cleric suffer from. Honestly, if we are the "main healing" class, we shouldn't be putting out the same numbers as a mage.
    I thought this was going to be another whine forum about Cleric DPS.

But.. it was... constructive. Thank you.

As far as Mage healing.... Chloros just got hit with the nerf bat. That should even things out for healing entire raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezer View Post
    I thought this was going to be another whine forum about Cleric DPS.

But.. it was... constructive. Thank you.

As far as Mage healing.... Chloros just got hit with the nerf bat. That should even things out for healing entire raids.
    That is another thing that worries me...

I noticed that everything is being limited to the 5 players as far as AOE healing is concerned, if the mechanic for this (which has not been documented) is limiting the heal to your party (ie. the 5 person group that you are a part of in a raid) then that means that you will need at least 1 AOE healer per group.

If it is smart healing, and only healing the 5 people who are damage the most, then I makes some sense. But so far I have not seen anything do "smart" activity in this game. So I expect it to be the 5 closest or the 5 in your party whether they need healing or not.

Someone please prove me wrong on this.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Since there have been no posts in say... about 5 minutes, I must once again bump it, this time telling you tales of my Cleric exploits!

Soul Drain+Fanaticism+Trinket in battlegrounds=QUADRAKILL.

in pve, a chloro destroys any type of spec a cleric can muster in terms of overall effectiveness.

however, i'd venture to say that no chloro can keep someone alive as good as my cleric can after this new patch in pvp.

i'm fine with this. it's balanced much better in my eyes.

as for our dps, i'd rather not comment because i rarely play dps. too many people need heals for me to worry about it.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

I have always played a tank and a healer as co-mains in every MMO I have played, in rift I started out putting in equal time between the 2 with a warrior and a cleric, by the mid 20's it was clear to me that Cleric's in this game were in a sad state as far as healing goes, my poor cleric is still mid 20's, my warrior tank has been 50 a while already, and I am currently playing a mage, please, I beg you Trion, give me a reason to go back to my Cleric, I miss being the go to healer
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/29903/rift-forum-signature.png

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    in pve, a chloro destroys any type of spec a cleric can muster in terms of overall effectiveness.

however, i'd venture to say that no chloro can keep someone alive as good as my cleric can after this new patch in pvp.

i'm fine with this. it's balanced much better in my eyes.

as for our dps, i'd rather not comment because i rarely play dps. too many people need heals for me to worry about it.
    PvE and PvP are two different games. I will admit that Clerics are extremely good in pvp if played correctly. In GROUP PvP. But those same things that make us so viable in PvP actually hinder our ability to do anything outside of it. We simply cannot sustain the healing needed to keep a tank up on most fights, let alone a 5 man group on top of that. But in PvP, we just LOL at the people who attempt to kill us (minus sabs+massive burst/stun classes) or our buddies.

Soulwalker

There are some major concerns I have about(healing) Clerics, and was shocked to see little to no buffs this patch. Maybe other class nerfs will help balance things out...

Its been said before, but it should be said again:

1. Cast time to heal ratio seems way off. 1.5 and 2 sec cast time heals don't heal enough. They honestly should hit as hard as the 3 sec ones.

2. Mana efficiency and regen needs a serious look. Sent/Pur need a Cascade ability.

3. AOE healing cost far too much mana. I see they nerfed Surging Flames (over-heals on tank heal raid) from 70% to 50% too.

Overall I still love the cleric, and am fine with needing offheals/support in 5 mans and raids. But the healing numbers we put out need to be looked at, as well as how fast our mana bar goes bye bye.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    That is another thing that worries me...

I noticed that everything is being limited to the 5 players as far as AOE healing is concerned, if the mechanic for this (which has not been documented) is limiting the heal to your party (ie. the 5 person group that you are a part of in a raid) then that means that you will need at least 1 AOE healer per group.

If it is smart healing, and only healing the 5 people who are damage the most, then I makes some sense. But so far I have not seen anything do "smart" activity in this game. So I expect it to be the 5 closest or the 5 in your party whether they need healing or not.

Someone please prove me wrong on this.
    surging flames has smart healing...i would figure these would be the same...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast