+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking greater essence

Shield of Telara

Default Tanking greater essence

i'm wondering which greater essences people are using?

i have a 500health on block and the chance for 55endurance. the endurance buff seems to be up quite a bit, and there arent that many other great choices i've seen so far.

Shield of Telara

i guess justicars must just slot lessers in for stats? looking for some answers >.<

Shadowlander

I'm running with 4x Iron foresight you can buy them at the planar vendor in Iron peak, 8wis 10end and 14 block.

As greater i have 55end on hit and 500 heal on block.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DaMightyTom View Post
    I'm running with 4x Iron foresight you can buy them at the planar vendor in Iron peak, 8wis 10end and 14 block.

thanks, that is what i was looking to go with as well. i wanted to grab lessers with dodge if they exist, have yet to see them anywhere though

Telaran

I use the same greaters, the bubble one seems pointless. For the lessers I stack spell power and endurance (for parry and block) I'm working on putting together residence sets too. Lots of Rifting for platarites

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DaMightyTom View Post

Damn! Had no idea those lessers existed. One you theory craft it, those are awesome in conjunction with the 500 health block, More wisdom, more block. More +Block = equal more Blocking duh. A substantial increase in Blocking? More 500 health procs. AYEAMSOSMRT

Awesome - I was just about to ask the same question myself

+500 health on block has saved my butt quite a few times [and will help against those nasty 600dps every few seconds mobs] - definitely will pick up the lesser +blocks as well.
    How do you kill, that which has no life?

Shadowlander

Well,for block you'd be better off with the I think they're called Enduring Giant from Stillmoor's vendor: 7 Str,11 End,15 Block

Str translates better to block than wisdom,it's 1 to 1,so that's actually +22 Block per lesser essence vs the Iron Pine one...from 8 Wisdom that'd be 6 sp,and 30% of that is 1.8+14 actual block on it for a +15.8/16 rounded.

And Stillmoor also has a 7 Wisdom/11 End/7 Dodge for the OP.
    Last edited by Tanra; 03-26-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Not a real tank. I use the HoT proc and the endurance one. They're just good in such a wide variety of situations and the HoT proc works on me, my group, and also If I'm playing cleric on another spec so there's a tremendous amount of versatility.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tanra View Post
    Well,for block you'd be better off with the I think they're called Enduring Giant from Stillmoor's vendor: 7 Str,11 End,15 Block

Str translates better to block than wisdom,it's 1 to 1,so that's actually +22 Block per lesser essence vs the Iron Pine one...from 8 Wisdom that'd be 6 sp,and 30% of that is 1.8+14 actual block on it for a +15.8/16 rounded.

And Stillmoor also has a 7 Wisdom/11 End/7 Dodge for the OP.
    Wrong, through the passive ability, all caster stats convert to mellee stats, so you get the same gain to block via the convert plus the sp gain

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Censor View Post
    Wrong, through the passive ability, all caster stats convert to mellee stats, so you get the same gain to block via the convert plus the sp gain
    Except block converts at only 30% of spell power, so the strength one is better if you're going purely for block. But spell power does convert at a much better rate to parry- so you'll gain a couple less points block from the wisdom one while gaining a few points parry. You'll also be boosting your dps a bit more with the wisdom one since it will effect all your abilities, not just melee ones like strength.

+ Reply to Thread