+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Druid Build

Default Druid Build

I've been very curious about something,. Is a druid build a very effective leveling build? If I were to put primary points into druid soul then augment with other souls, say Inquisitor and another soul,.. would it create an effective leveling build? I'd appreciate anyone's opinion. I keep trying to run as a Justicar/Shaman/something and I'm just not enjoying it quite as much. I appreciate any assistance anyone can offer

-Chauni

I felt druid was a late bloomer. The good pets are very deep. The passives dont mean much until you've stacked them with a lot of other stuff.

Champion

You can level as druid. I'd go max points in druid and overflow in justicar until level 20 or so. You can start AOE leveling at 14. Then switch overflow to shaman. At 30-ish, I'd recommend a druid shaman hybrid build.

For all of these builds, go 0-point warden for 3rd soul

I'm currently 21 and using an inq/cab/warden build,.. but I'd really like to build a druid that works well too,. seems like a druid build would be all melee so justicar and shaman would compliment well yeah.

I started this way. But you're splitting 3 specs and being good at none. I ended up 18 Justicar for even justice spam (making you pretty much invincible for PvE) and spilling over to shaman. At 0 points either warden or sentinel is way more useful than the fairy. Once you have 3/3 vengeful justice and jolt out of shaman, you can just the rest of your points just about anywhere and have a very solid solo build that can take on anything.

Hang on a sec so I guess no one has said point blank if a full druid tree is good or not and if it is which souls augment it best? and NatashaK, reason I'm not really enjoying Justicar leveling is because my rotation just seems boring as hell. I hit a bolt of radiance,. then massive blow, Lightning hammer, censure, then spam crushing blow till it procs and I get the massive blow refreshed or wait till it refreshes on it's own,.. but more times than not I'm just drooling on my keyboard as I tap the crushing blow hot key forever and ever,,.. I tried out the Inq/cab/warden build for aoe and it does fairly well but the justicar build just seemed boring and old school button mashing. Reason I asked about druid is it looks like it could work well if built right and wasn't sure if it could be made into a viable leveling spec that worked well.

IMO, druid is one of the few classes that going full into is better than half and half, although if you do not care about your pet, it is one of the few cleric classes where their actual attacks are not hindered by not going full.

I have a 44point druid for pvp if that helps.

Champion

Ok, i'm home now and i can post some builds for druid. If i was looking to be a druid heavy leveler, i would definitely start my 3 souls with Druid/Justicar/Warden. My build to level 20 would be:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00rae.xz.qq0Vh

Just standard single target leveling until level 14. At that point, you get wild strike and should kill 3 mobs at a time whenever possible. Your macros will be

Single target:
    Bombard
    Bolt of Radiance
    Eruption of Life
    Combined Effort
    Trickster Spirit
    Fervent Strike
    Waterjet

AOE:
    Eruption of Life
    Combined Effort

After level 20, i would switch to a full druid/shm/0 warden build if i were staying as a druid. and stay there until around level 30ish with this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nae.y0z.Vq0VNoVo

Same macros, just drop Bolt of Radiance and insert Massive Blow after Combined Effort. You could possibly also exchange Trickster Spirit with Lightning Hammer.

Now after 30, i would switch to a heavier shaman build than druid since druid beyond 30 pts is more about buffing the pet while mid/deep shaman talents buff attacks. (This is the build i'm using now http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tbcVk.qq0VhoVo - when i get to 50, 48 now, and get better gear, i'll probably rob some points to put 5 into justicar, but we'll see).

If i was gonna stick with a deeper druid build, i would definitely use G.Fae over Satyr. Satyr just falls behind G.Fae with more points in druid. Here's the build i'd choose:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...t0c.Vq0VAoqq.x

This build isn't AS pet dependent, which might defeat the purpose of being a druid. If you wanted to be more pet friendly, i'd pull the 5 pts out of justicar and replace them with 3/3 Heed the Call and 2/5 Touch of the Fae. The rotation would be similar to the macros above.

wow thank you Ronnie!

Soulwalker

Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for your advice. I just switched over on my cleric (level 30). Could you take a look at the AOE macros and let me know if you left something out?

agreed on t hat,.. I'm not sure why you chose eruption of life and combined effort for your AOE though,. Eruption is a nuke with DoT component and combined similar and unless I'm missing some way to spread that same damage around to several targets at once that;s still single target DPS not aoe,. th eonly aoe I see is with Wild strike hitting targets. I tried yer spec and build and I just still couldn't quite pull it off, I dunno what I'm missing. Bolt of radiance is not one of the options, that's a Justicar ability and you have shaman/warden/druid at that level. I went back to my inquisitor/warden build and replaced cabalist with purifier for the shielding and going to try that untill we can sort out the inconsistencies with this druid leveling build thing.

I love the idea of a solid druid build, but I just didn't understand all your principles on how you set it up especially with the AOE. thanks ")

Soulwalker

Thanks for the help Ronnie328, Helped tons... I have a slight difference but about the same. Wonderful DPS

I think maybe I was missing some things then. looking it over I understand why bolt of radiance is removed since yer switching justicar out for shaman at that point. And when you say "macro" are you actually creating a macro to do all those spells or are you just talking about the rotation of spells on a target? and I still don't understand why you put those 2 for aoe when the only spell I see that does aoe is wild strike and it's not that impressive of a hit.

Champion

Sorry, I got distracted with playing last night. I'm on my phone at work writing this, so forgive typos please.

For the AOE, I use eruption of life just because it deals damage on subsequent strikes making my main target go down a little faster. You could definitely add in Combined Effort for the same effect. I also keep reactive abilities separate from my macros so I can use them when I think is best.

And yes, that's a macro. Macros in rift will only cast 1 spell each time you press them, but they take the first available spell. Since I'm on my phone, I'll give the basic start, and you can apply it to the rest of the abilities I have posted on the 1st page.

#show Fervent Strike
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Bombard
    Cast Bolt of Radiance
    Cast Eruption of Life
    Etc etc etc

#show will show the tool tip of the ability listed, in this case Fervent Strike. The 2nd line gets rid of the annoying error message. And like I said, I always keep my reactives separate.

By reactives you mean abilities that only pop up and are contingent upon something else happening like parrying or dodging an attack etc? Also so if I understand right, you really aren't AOEing in the typical sense, yer just pissing off a couple mobs at a time and killing them one by one except when Wild Strike is used :P Correct me if I'm wrong on all this And for Macroing you'd basically make a single target macro and a macro for multiple mobs to kill fast,. I can see where this would free up yer cast bar a bit but I think some spells I might still want in there. I tried this spec for druid in a warfront and wow,.. I got hammered.. melee for clerics in PvE leveling ain't bad but warfronts it's really lame,.. I had to go back to my Inq spec every time in warfronts. lol, and thank you all for yer input!

-Chauni

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast