+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleric PvP as a Serious Ranged Damage Dealer!

Telaran

Default Cleric PvP as a Serious Ranged Damage Dealer!

I am currently Prestige 5, and whilst some wont care for my level I believe this suggests at least some form of competency if not time invested in learning PvP specs. Some may disagree, but for a fact I can tell you this works!

The Cabalist

First off, and potentially the most ignored role is Cabalist. Now this spec will offer you almost no survivability whatso-ever, but that is not what it is intended for.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00ode.EtAqtAkdk.Vxz.m

The reasoning behind a full 51 Cabalist is its passive buff, 2.4% dmg for every point spent above 36. The 15 points spent here can not be invested in any other talent tree and provide you with 36% additional damage. I have tried.

Predominately you only really want to take this in Port of Scion, due to the never ending AoE bundles of possibility! A standard rotation here is to find a random target and channel your Decay to 3 stacks. Once this is done, find either a healer or generally a Defiant in a position where 4-5 others Defiant's are in ranged to be yanked in. Pop in this order:

A Sigil for the Situation: Mainly "Binding" to lower your victims speed by 80% for 5 seconds/ Although when against a healing heavy defiant side "Ruin" and "Secrecy" give you a much needed edge to nuke down the healers and apply pressure.

Solitude my Arse: Now pop Curse of Solitude on your target. This lovely ability makes any enemy within range of that target take damage upon use of any ability. It generally tics for 100-200 per ability.

PANIC!!: Now for the good part, use Maelstrom to gather in your little victims.

Muhawawahh: SPAM Tyranny like there is no tomorrow, that is until you have used all three stacks of Decay!

+If at this point your initial target is low on HP, pop a Sanction heretic and try to get lucky on a crit. (This could well mean 1/5 is very much a dead Defiant)

Don't Waste Time: Stack Decay again and hit them with Obliterate (Some times its best to save this for a troublesome tank who wont die) Pops them like tin cans!!

Apply Pressure: If by this time the Defiant are not screaming like girls resume the spam of Tyranny!

Here ends the Cabalist in Aoe situations.
    One last tip: *Always stand at the back, and as far away from the enemy as possible, you are terribly squishie! Not all situation require this rotation as all PvP in its nature is ever changing.

In terms of *My gear I am currently stacking crit not Sp, by mixing cloth and chain.

Inquistor: The solo target DoT nuking king, with added survivability.

More information to come but here is the spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Evkigtkqz.V0xz
    Last edited by Aeskarion; 03-26-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Telaran

If your still skeptical I occasionally stream my PvP play here:

http://www.livestream.com/Aeskarion?t=573110

nem
    Shadowlander

video would be cool

.thx for the post

but what if you're a Defiant going up against a Guardian? Pray the overpopulated Guardian zerg doesn't get ya first? lol

In all seriousness, I'm encouraged to see there are successful PvP-bound Cabalists out there. Thanks for the tips.

I've been messing around with 51 point Cabalist spec and i love it i can top damage if i want to and have decent killing blows but thats not what i usually do, perma snare, aoe stun, aoe silence, aoe PURGE (low cooldown on all of these at that) and being able to suck 5 people in every minute leaving them confused as to what just happened makes me lol

I really really enjoy it but damn do Cabalist have some problems i really wish Lurking Decay could crit plus there is alot of quality of life changes i'd love to see done like few abilities in the soul tree like Darkwater and Nebulous Haze that just don't feel like they are working properly or at all

Shadowlander

Regarding your Inq Build, its pretty much what i've been using since i switched to Inq but there is no reason not to go 51 points into it i dont see why you only went 50.

I would remove 1 point from 'Destructive Tide' in warden and put it into Inq, you lose 2% dmg on instant cast spells BUT you gain the extra 2% mana reduction and another 4% SP increase on Vex and Sanction and also gaining the 51 skill. While i understand the 51 skill imo is under powered compared to alot of other things it is very useful in pvp. There has been many times that ive used the skill to hold down a player with a shard in Port Scion or the Flag in White Fall, ive literally stunned the flag holder 10 steps from turning it in while my team snagged there flag right in front of him to where he couldn't cap it and turned the tide for the match. Port Scion if your playing with competent people the 'ray beam' the skill produces when being channeled acts as a targeting beam generally everyone looks or switches to said target and the **** ensues, i generally try and use it on the shard runners that seem to slip by.

Telaran

@ Nibi If Lurking Decay critt'd I would be one-shotting whole raids, whilst I understand and would like this ability I feel it could become OP. Tyranny and Obliterate can allready hit with enough force to not be considered UP and provide enough dmg to stil be a challenge imo.

@Clone Yeah I understand where you are coming from on the INQ side of things, Its certainly more of a 1v1 build and I will be spending more time with it as I go along +Will update my finding soon enough. The 51 talent whilst ok for that maintain stun has a big enough cd for me to not even add the addition 1 point. Whilst what you say in the higher dps gain via using that point in INQ and not the 2% from Warden is correct, I think I was just chucking points around.

More Info to come on the INQ soon. Live-Stream is up for any prying eyes ;]

Telaran

Rift Disciple

THANKS! this is great info!

Telaran

Here is the spec:

Ok, my main rotation here is as follows:

Debuffs FTW: Always start on a target with Spiritual Deficiency and Luminous Gaze, without this you are seriously gimping yourself and the following abilities.

+There is potential here to also pop a "Purge" This is unbelievably helpful in many situations and is NOT to be underestimated. For Example: 2x Purges mixed into your rotation will see that annoying Pyro mage loose his "Ground of Strength"!!

Oh insta Crit: Hit Fanatiscm + Sanction Herectic for a quick 1.5-2k burst hit. This will panic your target along with giving you a possible BoD proc. (If you are lucky here and gain that proc you can potential hit for another 1.5-2k and insta gib your target.)

Pop Vex: <---

After the Openers: Now here is where you can do what you like, Dependant on your target Prio spam Bolt of Judgement in attempt of a BoD proc.

After this its too hard to say about a rotation because, well as I have previously mentioned WF's are ever changing and unless you react or force enemy reactions you are ready for... you are not ready for PvP.

P.S the added Healing Breath will keep up alive in those tight spots combined with your Healing spray. Don't forget it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aeskarion View Post

Here is the spec:

Ok, my main rotation here is as follows:

Debuffs FTW: Always start on a target with Spiritual Deficiency and Luminous Gaze, without this you are seriously gimping yourself and the following abilities.

+There is potential here to also pop a "Purge" This is unbelievably helpful in many situations and is NOT to be underestimated. For Example: 2x Purges mixed into your rotation will see that annoying Pyro mage loose his "Ground of Strength"!!

Oh insta Crit: Hit Fanatiscm + Sanction Herectic for a quick 1.5-2k burst hit. This will panic your target along with giving you a possible BoD proc. (If you are lucky here and gain that proc you can potential hit for another 1.5-2k and insta gib your target.)

Pop Vex: <---

After the Openers: Now here is where you can do what you like, Dependant on your target Prio spam Bolt of Judgement in attempt of a BoD proc.

After this its too hard to say about a rotation because, well as I have previously mentioned WF's are ever changing and unless you react or force enemy reactions you are ready for... you are not ready for PvP.

P.S the added Healing Breath will keep up alive in those tight spots combined with your Healing spray. Don't forget it.
    That is the build I'm working towards(currently 38), absolutely love it so far. Mobility, survivability, utility, lots of instants, good damage. Wrecks most other soul combos in 1 v. 1s and the same spec can work well while leveling.
    Last edited by narcotico; 03-26-2011 at 03:48 PM.

To OP, I use this in blackgarden, port scion. Adds a little more survivability, +15% armor(if armor does anything in pvp) and if im hitting 5-7 people it usually heals me and other raid members almost 50% of there health.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EtAqtAkdk.VhMo

Unless this gets more popular and nerfed.
    Last edited by Smoochy; 03-26-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Telaran

@ Smoochy, Armour will certainly help you out, especially if Prio'ing Chain gear. For me I roll in predominant cloth and so become squishie as it it. Interesting that in your Justicar points you have not taken the single target healing Doctrine if your going for survivability. Hell I'd even be inclined to drop the 5 pts in warden and stick them in Sentinel for the Healing Breath. That is a little more survive spec however, and as clerics we need all the dps talents we can get.

I have tested a similar spec with 10 points in Jusitar and like you say, it basically turns you into a Chloromancer with Salvation and Aoe poping everywhere!

Telaran

Apologise...

For some reason It wont let me edit my own posts. I was made aware of an incorrect link on my INQ spec.

Here is the right one:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...kigtkqz.V0xz.m

Telaran

A more popular place for me to Stream my PvP:

http://www.xfire.com/games/rft/RIFT/live_videos/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast