+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast Cleric Leveling Build

Default Fast Cleric Leveling Build

Since I've seen a few posts on this, i'd figure i'd drop this here.

First here is the dil
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00anj.Vq0VAoVo.ELz0z

I will explain choices below and go a little more in depth.

If you're looking for the fastest leveling dil, I can 100 percent guarantee you that Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden will you your absolute best bet, why? might you ask, well, I'll tell you.

I've ran so many different specs and I was hungering for that one spec, that could really do it all while leveling and could hold it's own in a warfront or even world pvp(so far haven't had any issues in warfronts, topping dmg/healing quite a few times)

You want to AoE? You got it, Soul Drain, need single target damage? Well with your fast casting Bolt of Judgment tied with your dots, you can certainly take almost anything on without worrying about either your health or your mana. This build has both.

First things first, you want to get as much wisdom as possible. You're leveling, you'll do enough damage with the gear provided, however if you manage to get more, so be it(favor/rep/etc.). You're going to want to stack wisdom however, as if you're a grindy person like me, you want to grab as much as you can whenever you can and have the least amount of downtime, and more wisdom=less time sitting there drinking. So wear whatever has the most Wisdom and Endurance(so you can take more damage from ze mobs before dying, it also gives you a lot of SP which means you hit harder, derp)

With this spec I'm showing it's kind of like a drain tank affliction lock for those of you who are familiar with WoW. If you remember you could grab like 5000 things with corruption and heal yourself endlessly, while you do get a debuff for running around, typically you'll have ENOUGH mobs in range to pull with a vex. While also being a warden you can throw on a healing spray and being a sentinel if things get to sticky you have healing breath which is one of the strongest instant heals i've seen yet.

Pretty much with this build. You're going to vex up has many targets as you see fit. Throw on a healing spray and make sure to tab/vex after every other soul drain. Soul Drain is a massive AoE and on top of all your dots, it makes it stupidly amazing especially with how much you heal yourself. You can throw up a sanction heretic to try to get some bolt of depravity procs(gotta love those). Like I said before, if you get low you can use your casted hot(Healing Current) and Healing Breath(kind of like a regrowth>swiftmend if you think of a resto druid), but most of the time,the vex heal should cover it for you.

Overall, this build has been by far the most versatile and fast builds i've used. I've gone through about 50 different soul line ups so far(probably more) and this one seems to be the best. IT might not be the best for end game, however if you're trying to get TOO the end game faster, this is the way to go.

Soulwalker

Your link goes to a different build.

yes I see that, kind of herping it's 5 in the morning :3

so I hope people read this but

THE BUILD IS RIGHT HERE, I COULDNT EDIT MY POST

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00jde.V0V.EE0bxx00z.V
    Warden Tree
    =========
    Destructive Tide - Increased the damage of Vex/SH. These are two of your main spells. It gives them a flat 10 percent buff and also enables a free knock back. The Knock back is amazing(you get two of them with this build) which again means less healing and more time dpsing.

Sentinel Tree
    =========
    Watchful Gaze - Pretty straight forward, more sp means more damage, which in terms is bigger hits.
    Walk in the Light - It's kind of important to crit.

Inquisitor Tree
    ==========
    Castigation - Reduces the cast time of your main filler nuke by half a second. This is a pretty much must have for single target damage. Faster cast time, equals more casts getting off, which means more damage.
    Inner Focus - Look at Walk in the Light
    Unholy Tutelage - Less mana used, which means less dowtime. You're trying to level faster here remember?
    Contempt - Your vex heals you for 90 percent of the damage it causes, mandatory.
    Life and Death Concord - Somewhat of a fun rng talent to spice things up. Makes leveling in this spec not as monotonous. Also BoD hits like a truck, you want this talent.
    Mental Resilience - More damage to vex means more healing from vex which means less healing you have to do with your actual healing talents which means more damage, yay!
    Circle of Oblivion - Obvious reasons right? you're trying to AoE and get'r done.

reserved
    I will add a video of how it goes down, hopefully.

Plane Touched

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRain View Post
    yes I see that, kind of herping it's 5 in the morning :3

so I hope people read this but

THE BUILD IS RIGHT HERE, I COULDNT EDIT MY POST

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00jde.V0V.EE0bxx00z.V
    Warden Tree
    =========
    Destructive Tide - Increased the damage of Vex/SH. These are two of your main spells. It gives them a flat 10 percent buff and also enables a free knock back. The Knock back is amazing(you get two of them with this build) which again means less healing and more time dpsing.

Sentinel Tree
    =========
    Watchful Gaze - Pretty straight forward, more sp means more damage, which in terms is bigger hits.
    Walk in the Light - It's kind of important to crit.

Inquisitor Tree
    ==========
    Castigation - Reduces the cast time of your main filler nuke by half a second. This is a pretty much must have for single target damage. Faster cast time, equals more casts getting off, which means more damage.
    Inner Focus - Look at Walk in the Light
    Unholy Tutelage - Less mana used, which means less dowtime. You're trying to level faster here remember?
    Contempt - Your vex heals you for 90 percent of the damage it causes, mandatory.
    Life and Death Concord - Somewhat of a fun rng talent to spice things up. Makes leveling in this spec not as monotonous. Also BoD hits like a truck, you want this talent.
    Mental Resilience - More damage to vex means more healing from vex which means less healing you have to do with your actual healing talents which means more damage, yay!
    Circle of Oblivion - Obvious reasons right? you're trying to AoE and get'r done.
    Castigation, Life and Death Concord -> Pretty much stopped reading there.

An AOE spec, trying to advocate spamming Bolt of Judgement to get Bolt of Depravity instant. Lol. Your Bolt of Judgement is going to get perma pushback when you have more than 2 mobs whacking on you.

Is that built viable till level 1? How to put points leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    Castigation, Life and Death Concord -> Pretty much stopped reading there.

An AOE spec, trying to advocate spamming Bolt of Judgement to get Bolt of Depravity instant. Lol. Your Bolt of Judgement is going to get perma pushback when you have more than 2 mobs whacking on you.
    OR you ignored the part where they said their spec is AoE with a bit of single target in the mix.
    Last edited by McBlobbicus; 03-26-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Plane Touched

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by McBlobbicus View Post
    OR you ignored the part where they said their spec is AoE with a bit of single target in the mix.
    Let me poke more holes at his paper build.

Lol, he skipped Fanaticism, Aggressive Renewal and Clinging Spirit for an AOE build.

Soulwalker

Ive been trying Inquisitor with Cabilist and Purifier( 4 points for a 1.5 sec heal ).

Firstly I have to Aurumsolis, If you plan on Using Soul Drain... then Fanaticism is a must.. and well quite honestly, for 1 point, there is no excuse not to take a auto crit ability, especially coupled with Corporal Punishment~ 15% increased Damage after you Soul Drain? Could equate to finishing them off with 1 other AOE IF it doesn't kill them.

I am curious HOW exactly Soul Drain works. As it Reads, 3 Enemies are "Hit" by soul drain; each enemy hit deals X damage to up to 4 targets. I know that Fanaticism makes all the separate hits Crit, but what other shenanigans does Soul Drain pull off? Does it get the Bonus of Clinging Spirit to its own Damage? such as the 3 initial targets are "Hit" by Soul Drain, but then 4 targets are potentially hit 3 times by actual damage. Would this mean that Corporal Punishment could factor in as well?

Ascendant

For single-target you'd be better off spamming Waterjet. With the boost from the Warden instant-cast damage talent, it does just as much if not more damage than Bolt of Judgement, without having the cast time. The only thing BoJ is good for is fishing for L&DC procs, and at 20% per cast (full talent), it's not worth chaincasting to get procs.

Also: If you're going Soul Drain spec, you absolutely need fanaticism. Because of the way Soul Drain works, fanaticism forces crits on all of the initial hits, which then mirror their crits across to the other target. Fanaticism Soul Drain is quite possibly the most powerful AoE in the game for four targets.

Sentinel's not bad as the third tree if you want more survivability. Personally I go 10 in Cabalist to pick up Oblivion and Tyranny so that I have more in-combat mana replenishment abilities and an instant AoE tack-on to Soul Drain that also recharges a ton of mana.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NGHpnotiq View Post
    I am curious HOW exactly Soul Drain works. As it Reads, 3 Enemies are "Hit" by soul drain; each enemy hit deals X damage to up to 4 targets. I know that Fanaticism makes all the separate hits Crit, but what other shenanigans does Soul Drain pull off? Does it get the Bonus of Clinging Spirit to its own Damage? such as the 3 initial targets are "Hit" by Soul Drain, but then 4 targets are potentially hit 3 times by actual damage. Would this mean that Corporal Punishment could factor in as well?
    Soul Drain deals an initial hit to all enemies in range. Fanatcism causes it to crit on all of these hits.

For each enemy hit, the damage that enemy took is then mirrored to four other enemies in range, or all enemies in range if there are less than four (it does not mirror to itself). This damage is all applied before Clinging Spirit or Corporal Punishment, so crit soul drains do not apply to themselves.

If you have four enemies in range, it goes like this (NOTE: Actual damage will be much closer per enemy, I'm just giving them distinctive numbers to make it easier to follow:

Soul Drain initial:
    Enemy A crit for 500
    Enemy B crit for 400
    Enemy C crit for 300
    Enemy D crit for 200

Enemy A Mirrors:
    B takes 500 damage
    C takes 500 damage
    D takes 500 damage

Enemy B mirrors:
    A takes 400 damage
    C takes 400 damage
    D takes 400 damage

Enemy C mirrors:
    A takes 300 damage
    B takes 300 damage
    D takes 300 Damage

Enemy D mirrors:
    A takes 200 damage
    B takes 200 damage
    C takes 200 damage

For a total of 5,600 damage. This also gives rise to the fact that the optimal pull for soul Drain is 4 mobs. Any less and you're doing less damage than you could be, any more and not all mobs are receiving full damage.
    Last edited by Isila; 03-26-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Ascendant

Correction: Remove Enemy D from the initial hit and remove its mirrors, total damage is 4,800.

Only three enemies take the initial hit, but they each mirror across to all three 'other' enemies. They could also mirror to a fourth, but at that point you need to pull 5 mobs which presents a number of range and positioning issues, as well as the fact that you have a second mob not taking the initial damage. With a soul drain build, you typically grab four, soul drain, then Circle of Oblivion to kill off three of the four and finish the last one with one or two casts.

+ Reply to Thread