+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sent / Ward / Temp PvP Build (Feedback Request)

Exclamation Sent / Ward / Temp PvP Build (Feedback Request)

Just wanted to get some feedback on a build I put together. Let me know what you like or don't like about it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...E0E0bszco.xx0R

Thanks,
    Taint

I assume you are a healer?
    Aquatic Affinity over Destructive Tide? :T
    Id also pick still waters over ebb/flow

Ya I'm a healer

Why would you want to do more dmg rather than a 10% larger mana pool? (speaking from a healers perspective)

And after looking at it a bit more, I dont think Ebb n Flow would be very useful in PvP, so I changed it up and put 2 into Restorative tide (Kinda skeptical about how good this is), and 2 into still waters. Altered build is linked below.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...E0E0bszco.xx0R

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I assume you are a healer?
    Aquatic Affinity over Destructive Tide? :T
    Id also pick still waters over ebb/flow
    this bloke is right about still waters, if you want to go down to soothing stream in Warden then your primary heal will turn into Deluge. So you need cd on that. Ebb/flow isn't crucial. Otherwise atm you're on 2 fences and having weak heals in both areas.

For example healing grace is poor, so other than deluge you have healing invocation. Spamming this isn't enough. If you want to give it a go you need Lasting Invocation.

I've completely lost what the bloke means about aquatic affinity over destructive tide. You definitely want aquatic affinity. Damage in heal spec is a friggin joke, and them talents will hardly help at all.

Finally, I'm guessing this is a PvP spec with the templar tree. Well then if it is, I don't think this spec is suitable. You definitely cannot rely on Healing Invocation, far too many interrupts and silences. You obviously wanted soothing stream too, but really unlikely you can keep this up in PvP all the time. Therefore I suggest investing more into Warden for better HoTs and only use Healing Invocation as a possible instant cast heal or otherwise you want shared recovered and go far down sentinel tree.
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-25-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Thank you for the reply! What I had in mind with this build was not Healing Invocation as my main heal, like you said is a to long of a cast time. I would only be using Healing invocation at 2 crucial times. One would be when Serendipity popped so it would be a 1.5 second cast, or as an instant / 50% greater heal with tidal surge and touch of lite.

My main heal in sentinel would be Healing grace, which is a 2 second cast.. which might also be a tad long, but it seems to be working well in 30 WFs, especially when I pop healers haste.

I however do not know much about the warden tree as I haven't specced very far in it atm. (I'm only level 37 ATM) If deluge will be my main heal I will switch some more points to decrease the cooldown on it.

Also a question I had, does each stack of soothing stream count towards an extra HoT resulting in extra healing from Deluge?

Thanks again for your thoughts,
    Taint

This spec is almost exactly what I run in PvP and I've had great success with it.

Ebb and Flow is indeed pretty bad so I'm glad you ditched it. You just can't reliably keep up stacks without it at 5/5 and even then it is lackluster for the investment.

2 Points in Still Waters is great but I would be hard pressed to go past 2-3 even in a Deep Warden spec. Deluge is only good if you have 4+ HoTs rolling on your target which is hard to do in PvP without at least 5-6 seconds between casts.

He isn't at all on 2 fences, Healing Invocation and Deluge will both easily heal for over 2k. With this spec you just roll HoTs as much as possible and you will see a ridiculous amount of Serendipity Procs. I generally get about 1 every 5 seconds or so once I'm really spreading HoTs. This means you have a .5 sec cast spell that heals for 2k and a 1.5 sec cast spell that heals for 2300. The speed of the casts makes up for the small loss in throughput.

Pair that with Empowered Light, 2 Silences, Healer's Covenant, a Knockback, Detaunt and the ridiculously powerful Blessing of the Martyr and you are pretty well set for PvP.

This spec provides the mobility of a Deep Warden spec while still giving you some potential to counter burst damage that Deep Warden can sometimes lack.

One final note I would have though. I personally went down to 21 points in Warden so that I could get one more point in Sentinel to pick up the Combat Rez. When running around with a coordinated team having a combat rez can be pretty game changing.
    Joena - Sunrest - Den of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Taintertots View Post
    Also a question I had, does each stack of soothing stream count towards an extra HoT resulting in extra healing from Deluge?

Thanks again for your thoughts,
    Taint
    Yes.

/10char

Awesome, thank you for the post Joena! I will probably be grabbing battle rez, just need to figure out where I need to take a point out of warden. Also, what are your opinions about restorative tide? at 36 its kinda bad due to not having much wisdom. Do you get allot more at level 50 to make this talent worth the 2 points invested in it?

Thanks,
    Taint

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Joena View Post
    With this spec you just roll HoTs as much as possible and you will see a ridiculous amount of Serendipity Procs. I generally get about 1 every 5 seconds or so once I'm really spreading HoTs.
    Just to confirm, is this exaggerated or typo? Cleric's GCD is 1.5sec which makes it 3,33 HoTs / 5 sec. As only the first tick is eligible for serendipity, if it procced every 5sec then you would have crit chance of little over 30% which sounds quite high? Doesn't necessarily make this build bad, in fact I'm thinking of trying this myself.
    Last edited by veepee; 03-26-2011 at 10:28 AM.

all i see is 0/3 imp break free, you need to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by donut001 View Post
    all i see is 0/3 imp break free, you need to fix that.
    Consider that they're reducing the base CD on Break Free to 2 min in the new patch.

Champion of Telara

Embolden is really good. You will aoe heal alot as there is alot of aoe damage in warfronts.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Telaran

I am 40 and using a version of your spec in T1

I think "protect the flock" is not working right so I do not use it.

Other than than like the spec. I do think a strong look has to be had at 21 points in to Templar when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by veepee View Post
    Just to confirm, is this exaggerated or typo? Cleric's GCD is 1.5sec which makes it 3,33 HoTs / 5 sec. As only the first tick is eligible for serendipity, if it procced every 5sec then you would have crit chance of little over 30% which sounds quite high? Doesn't necessarily make this build bad, in fact I'm thinking of trying this myself.
    It doesn't proc on HoT ticks but it does proc on AoE's so every time you cast Divine Call or Healing Flood you get 5 chances to proc it. I've got just over 20% crit. It would be pretty hard to get 30% if not impossible outside of stacking Intel in cloth gear.

The statement of 5 seconds wasn't an exaggeration but it was an anecdotal statement about what I've observed in WFs not the results of a controlled test over a prolonged period. It wouldn't be hard to quickly look at though with some napkin math.

Assuming you cast Healing Flood about every 10-12 seconds and a Hot every other GCD this will give you 10 chances to proc every 10-12 seconds with the breathing room of a GCD or two to cast other spells. With just over 20% crit chance this works out to about the 1 proc per 5 seconds stated. Like I said though, haven't tested it in a controlled environment and often PvP changes how you play anyway.
    Last edited by Joena; 03-26-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintertots View Post
    Awesome, thank you for the post Joena! I will probably be grabbing battle rez, just need to figure out where I need to take a point out of warden. Also, what are your opinions about restorative tide? at 36 its kinda bad due to not having much wisdom. Do you get allot more at level 50 to make this talent worth the 2 points invested in it?

Thanks,
    Taint
    I would actually go so far as to say Restorative Tide is mandatory in a PvP Warden spec. It's healing me for about 60 health per tick at 50. This may not seem like a lot but the fact that it is one of your only ways to heal yourself while silenced or stunned is HUGE. On a number of occasions I have survived a Warrior or Rogue stun lock only because of this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Zpah View Post
    I am 40 and using a version of your spec in T1

I think "protect the flock" is not working right so I do not use it.

Other than than like the spec. I do think a strong look has to be had at 21 points in to Templar when possible.
    Protect the Flock is working fine for me, have tested it on multiple occasions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast