+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help on Macro -

Default Need help on Macro -

This is my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...0dqz.E0E0ootco

I'm rather new to the macro business, and need help on a few things. What would be a few good mouse over macro's with that build? I don't understand the full extent of a mouse over, so I have been trying to work with it, but most of the time I get an error when I try and make my own macro, so any help would be much appreciated.
    All they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword.

curious about having both healing invocation and 5/5 ancestral (restorative) flame
    Last edited by daddy december; 03-25-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Macros work a little differant here then most other mmos. You are alowed to only fire off one ability per macro. But, you can make a spam macro, listing mutiple differant abilties, and the first one not on CD will fire.

For instance, I use a macro to target one of my static group members, fire off the first avalible heal, it goes something like this:

Target Name
    Cast Healing Breath
    Cast Healing Flare

Now when I select that macro it will target who ever's name I put in there and cast Healing breath and stop the macro there, if healing breath is on CD it will instead fire off Healing Flare, and if Healing Flare had a CD and was on it, it would go to the next line then. If I spam this macro it will just keep fireing off the first avalibe ability not on CD and use it on my listed target.

You can use these macros in a spamable way to debuff a target and fire off rotations as long as no abilities without cooldowns are anywhere but the very end.

Shadowlander

Sample mouseover macro:

#show Healing Invocation (this will show the icon)
    stopcasting (this will interrupt any current spell/ability you were casting)
    cast @mouseover Healing Invocation

As was mentioned, this game only allows one ability per macro so you'd still have to spam the macro key if you are looking to bind several abilities to one macro. I personally find this inefficient and error-prone so I use a G13 gamepad to fire off several single-ability mouseover macros with one key. This way I never unintentionally suffer from trying to fire off an ability that's still on CD.

@ daddy december: From what I understand of players explaining their build choices, some like to drop Ward of the Ancestors, HoT and Restorative (with Ancestral) Flame at the beginning of the pull to soften a pull dmg spike and then switch over to HI, and then alternate between. ~shrug~ Not my choice personally as I prefer HI exclusively because LI is % of total heal as opposed to Ancestral Flame which is based on % of spell power (a rather puny shield if you compute 60% of whatever the average player's SP is at level 50).

Cheers!
    Last edited by Syltara; 03-25-2011 at 11:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread