+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MDPS Clerics and weapons. Staff and stats or Mace and dmg?

Default MDPS Clerics and weapons. Staff and stats or Mace and dmg?

Hello all, im realy unsure about weapons for mdps clerics in this game.

Atm i use:
    Shadow Encrusted Mace
    41-77 dmg every 3.8 sec

int +13
    wis + 20
    end +13
    spell power + 220
    Spell crit + 21

Requires lvl 33
    I find it REALY hard to find new 2h mace whit cleric stats. We dont like weapons whit str and dex right. And staves have lower dmg. How importent is the weapons dmg modifer for us mdps clerics?

Plane Touched

MDPS clerics suck, you should just roll RDPS and do decent/mediocre dps, instead of doing sub-par dps.
    Killing people with logic since 1997 UO (The first true 3D MMO that wasn't WOW.).

believe all melee abilities are based on wep dmg. so if a staff provides comparable stats with more wep damage, it should be superior

Quote Originally Posted by Empathetic View Post
    MDPS clerics suck, you should just roll RDPS and do decent/mediocre dps, instead of doing sub-par dps.
    Dont answer to things you dont know anything about.. this was never ment to be a thread about the most uber speck. so please go away.

Edit: and the first MMO that wasn't WOW was SWG

believe all melee abilities are based on wep dmg. so if a staff provides comparable stats with more wep damage, it should be superior
    From my experience staffs always have lower weapon dmg but more spell power. Do "we" shaman's (Druid's) prefere weapon dmg or spell power? my lvl 33 blue 2h mace have higher weapon dmg then a lvl 40 green staff.
    Last edited by MysticoN; 03-25-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Cleric MDPS is fine.

Stick with Wisdom based weapons. Using a Staff is fine as long as it's the best 2hander you currently have. SP will generally be more important than the Weapon damage for you but obviously you need to compare the two and if the weapon damage is much much higher it will win out. This is less of a problem when you are comparing weapons at level 50.

There is a really good Purple 2H hammer that drops in Runic Descent which can be pugged pretty easy once you get 100 focus. Like 440 SP and 30.5 DPS.

Best part is that you don't have to worry about a PUG Mage rolling on it since they can't use hammers.
    Last edited by Joena; 03-25-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Joena - Sunrest - Den of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MysticoN View Post
    From my experience staffs always have lower weapon dmg but more spell power. Do "we" shaman's (Druid's) prefere weapon dmg or spell power? my lvl 33 blue 2h mace have higher weapon dmg then a lvl 40 green staff.
    ap/sp affects weapon damage too, all you have to do is hit a mob and see which does more

Plane Touched

Weapon damage is irrelevant, only DPS matters, weapons are normalized. That means a staff with a higher DPS will hit for more than a mace with lower DPS but higher max damage. So always get the higher DPS, and finding staves is a lot easier.

btw, that hammer you talked about? you know who drops it and what drop rate it is at?

Quote Originally Posted by daddy december View Post
    ap/sp affects weapon damage too, all you have to do is hit a mob and see which does more
    wel didnt whant to waste alot of coins on a weapon that i might not use. thats why i came here an asked

Rift Disciple

btw, that hammer you talked about? you know who drops it and what drop rate it is at?
    I'm pretty sure the hammer is from KB, at least it was there I got my Oath Breaker... I don't know the droprate, only done that place once where I got it I also got a blue hammer from there.

But for Mdps, just use the weapon with best stats, the base damage of it is not important if you stand to lose like 100 spellpower
    Farly - Guardian Cleric, Firesand
    Luisi - Guardian Rogue, Firesand

Trion said they will be adding more weapons in the next update or close after. I had a new hammer maybe every 10 lvl if i where lucky, and if not a green from AH was usually better by that time.

There are two things that you might want to look to a weaponsmith for. One is the Ebony Maul, at level 44. The other is the Spellsmasher, a rep recipe from Honored with the Icewatch. The Spellsmasher is probably the best pre-epic 2H hammer in the game, so I recommend putting a blue quality augment on it (mine has extra crit).

It's called Runebinder and it drops off of Warden Falidor. Not sure of the drop rate but it's the best pre-raid weapon you can get as a Shaman.

Crafted gear in this game is really good though so you could probably also easily pick up a crafted purple staff.
    Joena - Sunrest - Den of Madness

Shadowlander

That hammer dropped for me @ the third boss, after the tree dude.

Soulwalker

Are we talking tier1 RD here ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast