+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guys, bards make me sad

Default Guys, bards make me sad

I do more healing, get focused less, do more damage, and get more favour on my bard alt.

Totally not a nerf bards post, just wanted to vent. I feel like I play a lot smater on my cleric, using silences, knockbacks, focused healing etc, just every once in a while I wonder what I'm doing wrong that it's so much easier to get favour on my bard. Meh.

/vent

better teams? /shrug

when you say better healing, are you talking about efficiency or simpleness or what

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Noxanna View Post
    I do more healing, get focused less, do more damage, and get more favour on my bard alt.

Totally not a nerf bards post, just wanted to vent. I feel like I play a lot smater on my cleric, using silences, knockbacks, focused healing etc, just every once in a while I wonder what I'm doing wrong that it's so much easier to get favour on my bard. Meh.

/vent
    you get focused less because teams that focus know you can't change the battle. trickle healing that registers overhealing and modest damage can wait to last to die if you are gang tackling it's only effective vs people not assist targetting.

A clerics healing suite can save a life near death trickle heal and add the silences strip buffs etc....Much greater annoyance.

Bard gets favor as the generate damage and healing at the same time and if you assist off a tank onto their target get a fair share of kill blows while doing it. long casts slow favor gain instants make it easier to gain. go spam your warden instant and see what I mean. Isn't effective generates favor.

Favor is about staying alive in the vicinity where people die (just like most games).

The bard seems strong but it wouldn't surprise me at all if you could outdps cadence with waterjet. If they can't hit for the most part, they cant heal.

My Sentinel/Warden/Templar build outheals almost every bard I've come across in warfronts (I rarely, if ever am not #1 in heals). But healing numbers are stupid to judge anything on. The vast majority of those numbers are group HoT tics and AoE heals that are topping up people not close to dying.

I'd like to see a bard save someone as effectively as a healing cleric can, just so many tools available.
    Thelen 50 Cleric
    GM of Dexteram Telara

I get outhealed by bards on warfronts too. I don't think it's really indicative of anything useful, since I actually tend to heal people who're dying specifically

If I'm not up against a group who know to mark and focus on healers, I'm always high up on favor though. My basic and default action if nobody needs rescuing at that exact moment is to cast Restorative Flame on myself; I use Surging Flames on myself in PvP, and chances are in 3 seconds, that heal is going somewhere useful, if I'm standing in the middle of the action.
    Last edited by Stage; 03-25-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    Sparkwing:
    Phasechange
    Goatdude
    Stage
    Battlespork

Bards make me glad. So fun se a Bard rock the hell out the instance (his moves) . (play some good background music and you are set)

+ Reply to Thread