+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AoE soloing sucks.

Default AoE soloing sucks.

The title pretty much says it all. I play a cleric with inquisitor/cabalist/purifier build. It offers awesome aoe damage. However, this 'exposed' debuff makes it impossible to group up mobs to aoe with. It is total crap. Any time i try and run to get another mob with 1 or 2 already on me I begin taking 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% increased damage and just get completely owned. Why would they make a debuff like this? It makes taking any mobs more than 2 or 3 impossible. I just fail to see the purpose of the debuff.
    Last edited by Haetus; 03-25-2011 at 05:25 PM.

They are changing it to reduce movment speed instead soon.

Not that I see how that will help as you'll still be taking more dmg as it takes longer to pull the mob together.
    But it might be a little better /shrugs.

Plane Touched

I agree. I still don't get why the debuff was added in the first place. The folks I really feel sorry for is tanks, though. How are they getting close to ranged mobs without 3 stacks of exposed?

General of Telara

perhaps they dont want you AE farming?
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Plane Walker

Try doing Iron fortress or smiths haven on defiant side without aoe because it aint happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    I agree. I still don't get why the debuff was added in the first place. The folks I really feel sorry for is tanks, though. How are they getting close to ranged mobs without 3 stacks of exposed?
    The tanks I know don't seem too bothered by it.

I see my friend fearlessly running through fields of mobs, while I zigzag my way through what feels like a minefield and praying not to get caught by the dreaded debuff.
    Last edited by Zannah; 03-25-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Rift Chaser

why would they make aoe farming easy...it's already easy enough to lvl w/o it...aoe farming is for the ppl dedicated enough to learn the routine, plan it out, seek out good areas...

watch some vids...some ppl cut out this portion, but there's like a 1-2 sec wait before pulling to survey the situation...since you're pulling with vex, you try to position yourself b/w the 3-4 mobs, so they run to u and u don't have to turn ur back to em...be quick to notice which mobs are ranged...so while you're vexing the melee, ur running directly at the ranged...

Shadowlander

Try side-stepping instead of running forward to grab extra mobs. Also, check out the Inquisicar builds all over the forums.

@OP
    I'm uploading 3 videos right now, two of which show AoE farming with two different builds. I think you will like the Justicar build for toughness.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    perhaps they dont want you AE farming?
    yea and to think they gave some classes AOE spells to boot. How about that for crazy.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Joe View Post
    Try side-stepping instead of running forward to grab extra mobs. Also, check out the Inquisicar builds all over the forums.
    This. Improve your pulling technique and respec to a more defensive build. The Inquisicar is awesome for soloing. I was using my own PvP version of the Inquisicar (Inquisitor/Justicar/Templar) for quite some time, and although I "wasted" a lot of points for PvP survivability, it was the best PvE soloing build I ever had. DPS lacked a bit compared to a pure PvE build, but mobs simply can't take you down
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Haetus View Post
    The title pretty much says it all. I play a cleric with inquisitor/cabalist/purifier build. It offers awesome aoe damage. However, this 'exposed' debuff makes it impossible to group up mobs to aoe with. It is total crap. Any time i try and run to get another mob with 1 or 2 already on me I begin taking 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% increased damage and just get completely owned. Why would they make a debuff like this? It makes taking any mobs more than 2 or 3 impossible. I just fail to see the purpose of the debuff.
    Hold down the right mouse button use the a or d key to strafe. Your charachters orientation is considered the direction you are facing when you start to strafe despite the fact the animation turns your charachter. Mob's being controlled by ai ALWAYS take the shortest path to a target which means if you set your pull with all mobs in front of you to start that first mob you pulled that graphically looks like it's shooting it's bolt in your back is hitting your side.

AKA no debuff. It only get's tricky when pulling the interior of a triangle where you need to plan the backside pull when you stop and rotate.

Things you discover when testing why marksmen appear to shoot arrows out their backside.

rightmouse strafe is your friend using the W to move gets you the debuff.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    It's is to make running away from death dificult. which is why they are changing it to a movement debuff. See my workaround above for the current system.

Soulwalker

spec 20 into warden, keep hots up, use orb in emergency and spam vex while pulling

u can pull loads like this and thats how i got my mount

Quote Originally Posted by Zannah View Post
    They are changing it to reduce movment speed instead soon.
    Any way you slice it the debuff is flat out ******ed and should either be removed, or Trion should supply a cogent, reasonable argument for its continued inclusion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast