+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvE Solo Leveling Build Help Please

Telaran

Default PvE Solo Leveling Build Help Please

Hello,

I am sure there are threads about this, but reading through the forums for over an hour now, I've not found one with a build.

I would like to have Inq/Cab and something else as my build. Is this viable for soloing?

I want to end up with a good DPS with some half decent heals for survival.

Thank you for any and all help.

Seriously...

1 2 3 4

All within a few seconds...

Honestly though these are all just opinions, play the class and you'll find the best survivability and rotations that fit how you want to play the game. I like to play a caster so I chose to be heavy Inquisitor, paired it with Justicar for survivability and topped with Purifier for the shield. Of course being a caster that is a heavy AOE machine doesn't make sense until Level 30+
    Last edited by zwimox; 03-25-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

Telaran

Thank you for the links.

I did read those, but was hoping someone would have some advice on a build that was Inq/Cab heavy, I am uninterested in a Druid or Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by randomxyn View Post
    Thank you for the links.

I did read those, but was hoping someone would have some advice on a build that was Inq/Cab heavy, I am uninterested in a Druid or Shaman.
    That's just it, you can't level very well with Inq or Cab until you are in the 30's.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zwimox View Post
    That's just it, you can't level very well with Inq or Cab until you are in the 30's.
    Ah, I see. Well, that does put a damper on my desire to make a Cleric alt.

I appreciate the information.

Soulwalker

That'[s absolutely not true. I leveled 1-50 as Inq/cab/sent and was the second 50, you just have to realize the play style shift at higher levels.

Put all your main points into Inq, and your spare points into Cab, leave Sent alone for lower levels. Lower level Inq is all about single target. Don't worry about dotting them up, your dots at low level don't do enough damage, and it's quicker and more efficient to just BoJ spam them down. Basically Bolt of Judgement spam and use Bolt of Depravity whenever it's instant, and use Sanction heretic for instant damage if the mob is low hp. using that rotation, you will still end up killing quicker than any other cleric build and most other classes.

Once you get Mental Resilience and Fanaticism then you start to aoe. Pull four mobs with vex then soul drain then use decay and Tyranny spam. You kill them in under 10 seconds, under 7 sec if you already have Lurking decay stacked.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eriom View Post
    That'[s absolutely not true. I leveled 1-50 as Inq/cab/sent and was the second 50, you just have to realize the play style shift at higher levels.

Put all your main points into Inq, and your spare points into Cab, leave Sent alone for lower levels. Lower level Inq is all about single target. Don't worry about dotting them up, your dots at low level don't do enough damage, and it's quicker and more efficient to just BoJ spam them down. Basically Bolt of Judgement spam and use Bolt of Depravity whenever it's instant, and use Sanction heretic for instant damage if the mob is low hp. using that rotation, you will still end up killing quicker than any other cleric build and most other classes.

Once you get Mental Resilience and Fanaticism then you start to aoe. Pull four mobs with vex then soul drain then use decay and Tyranny spam. You kill them in under 10 seconds, under 7 sec if you already have Lurking decay stacked.
    Oh, that is fantastic information, thank you very much. I appreciate the spell rotation information as well, I always seem to get that wrong.

I will give this build a try.

Thank you again.

I was a bit disappointed that the build I wanted to use wasn't really solo friendly.

Rift Disciple

I leveled 1-39 as inq/justi/puri and it was pretty easy. Just put around 10-12 points in justi and the rest in inq. Keep puri at zero just for the shield. With mein of honor and all your other self buffs you have some pretty good self healing and the ability to burst heal with doctrine of bliss and loyalty. Once you hit 31 the build only gets better with Circle of Oblivion and you can pull 4-6 at once and fanat-soul drain-CoO them all to death with vex up healing you along with your justicar heals.

Edit for rotations:

1-31: use sanction/vex then BoJ/BoD when it procs. When you can excommunicate you can toss that in for giggles.
    31+: pull a group and put vex on them as they run towards you, then fanaticism, soul drain, CoO. Kill whatever is left as you see fit.
    Last edited by kasiski; 03-25-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kasiski View Post
    I leveled 1-39 as inq/justi/puri and it was pretty easy. Just put around 10-12 points in justi and the rest in inq. Keep puri at zero just for the shield. With mein of honor and all your other self buffs you have some pretty good self healing and the ability to burst heal with doctrine of bliss and loyalty. Once you hit 31 the build only gets better with Circle of Oblivion and you can pull 4-6 at once and fanat-soul drain-CoO them all to death with vex up healing you along with your justicar heals.

Edit for rotations:

1-31: use sanction/vex then BoJ/BoD when it procs. When you can excommunicate you can toss that in for giggles.
    31+: pull a group and put vex on them as they run towards you, then fanaticism, soul drain, CoO. Kill whatever is left as you see fit.
    Thank you for this information as well. I am very relieved to know this all. I really appreciate the edit for the rotation.

I will roll my cleric alt tonight and use the advice offered from you all.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Plane Touched

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Eriom View Post

Bad advice:
    Lower level Inq is all about single target: You're going to get usually 3-4 mobs coming after you. Hope you have a backup plan other than respawning.

Don't worry about dotting them up, your dots at low level don't do enough damage: For every one mob that you fail to dot, you're losing more HP and thus survivability.

Bolt of Judgement spam and use Bolt of Depravity whenever it's instant: There are many posts and threads saying that Bolt of Judgement is crap. You're going to stuck in a neverending pushback that makes Strike of Judgement (a low dps ability) look like a better alternative.

Pull four mobs with vex then soul drain then use decay and Tyranny spam: Your mana consumption is going to be extremely heavy. Usually after your soul drain + pushback due to 4 mobs whacking on you, you should be down to 60% to 75% health and your vex should be wearing off. Hopefully, you have a potion or instant Heal ready.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    Bad advice:
    Lower level Inq is all about single target: You're going to get usually 3-4 mobs coming after you. Hope you have a backup plan other than respawning.

Don't worry about dotting them up, your dots at low level don't do enough damage: For every one mob that you fail to dot, you're losing more HP and thus survivability.

Bolt of Judgement spam and use Bolt of Depravity whenever it's instant: There are many posts and threads saying that Bolt of Judgement is crap. You're going to stuck in a neverending pushback that makes Strike of Judgement (a low dps ability) look like a better alternative.

Pull four mobs with vex then soul drain then use decay and Tyranny spam: Your mana consumption is going to be extremely heavy. Usually after your soul drain + pushback due to 4 mobs whacking on you, you should be down to 60% to 75% health and your vex should be wearing off. Hopefully, you have a potion or instant Heal ready.
    uhh...never had problems with single pulling at low lvl's...maybe 2 at most...3 if i a pat rolls from behind and i'm falling asleep at the wheel...

at low lvl's, before u get the vex talent, yea...dont' really need to dot...esp on single pulls...for multiple mobs at low lvl, i usually dot em up, and heal...get a DD in if i get a chance, rinse repeat...

his spam boj was in reference to your single target...i don't know what single mob is putting you in a neverending pushback...even with multiple mobs, if pushback were such an issue, then SD would never be able to be cast...

inq specs will most always have mana issues...still, cab give SoP to go with AR...but drinks are cheap...use em...

anyways, personally, low lvl's, i went inq/sent/ward...cuz i also used it for pvp, and the spec gives u a bunch of instants...after u get SD, u can switch it up however u want...plethora of options spread throughout the forums...currently, i use inq/justi/sent...this spec is great for any situation (dungeon, solo, wf's)....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aurumsolis View Post
    Bad advice:

3-4 mobs? Are you playing blind folded? I have multiple alts all 20+ and I never had a problem in silverwood or gloamwood were I couldn't pull a single mob, and even if I pulled multiple then you can still focus one down while soul draining whenever it's up, and Healing breath will keep you up no problem.

Low level, vex hit's for ****, until you get 50% increase, then it will actually heal for what the mob is hitting you for, and since you are single pulling early on and not aoeing, you don't have to worry about survivability when the mob will get one or two hits on you before dieing.

Bolt of judgement/BoD spam at low levels is quicker killing then dotting up the mobs. In that 3 seconds it takes to put up both dots, you could have done both those dots total duration damage. What people are complainging about is the scale BoJ does with SP, thus being a high level problem, because hardly any low level gear has sp on it unless it's a weapon.

I would pull 7-8 mobs when leveling and aoe them all down without every going below 70%, without needing to use HB, you can easily pull 4 mobs and burn them down before vex wears off, even if you can;t the mobs will be nearly dead. I would vex all 4 then SD and by the second Tyrranny, the mobs would be dead. And I will gladly burn through 4 mobs in under 10 seconds and drink for 3-4 seconds afterwards if I'm low on mana, still quicker then not aoeing mobs.

+ Reply to Thread