+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We need Mass Dispel !

Default We need Mass Dispel !

There is mass debuffs, mass DoTs, Mass HoTs, Mass AoE but there is no Mass Dispel? So Trion could you give it to Purifiers?
    Quad-core Athlon II X4 635
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

CPUBenchmarkTime = 1.621023
    GPUBenchmarkTime = 1.571975

Soulwalker

Sent has it.

Yep Sentinel has it, ''Empowering Light''
    See you all in Wildstar!

Look at the Sentinel tree, padawan.

Technically Empowering Light isn't Mass Dispel although it will serve most of the functionality that the OP wants.

However, Archons have exactly Mass Dispel, good luck getting a mage to run Archon though in PvP.
    Joena - Sunrest - Den of Madness

I want mass dispel like that what have priest in WOW
    Quad-core Athlon II X4 635
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

CPUBenchmarkTime = 1.621023
    GPUBenchmarkTime = 1.571975

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I want mass dispel like that what have priest in WOW
    Please explain yourself more, what your asking is a purge as well. Purges are very rare in the game, I guess Trion intended for this to be so. You won't be getting a mass "purge" any time soon and there is no need for one. Your Op was complaining about debuffs, diseases etc. on friendlies, which like ppl said sentinel can do just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Please explain yourself more, what your asking is a purge as well. Purges are very rare in the game, I guess Trion intended for this to be so. You won't be getting a mass "purge" any time soon and there is no need for one. Your Op was complaining about debuffs, diseases etc. on friendlies, which like ppl said sentinel can do just as well.
    Technically he mentioned HoTs also which implies removing both friendly and enemy buffs.

Purges aren't actually all that rare, just the use of them. In fact Clerics have access to an AoE purge in the Cab line that is quite good.

Like I said before though you aren't likely to get a Mass Dispel in any Cleric soul since Archon already has this exact spell. It is literally the same thing as Mass Dispel. Ground Target ranged spell that removes 1 friendly and 1 enemy buff from up to 10 Players inside the radius of the cast. Almost word for word Mass Dispel. Just talk your guildmates into playing Archon in PvP.

To OP:

Roll a Mage, go archon. Thats the "wow" mass dispell.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Cabalist

Sigil of Woe
    -Invokes the Sigil of Woe on the Cleric. When consumed, the Sigil of Woe removes 1 buff effect from each enemy hit for each Lurking Decay consumed. Only 1 Sigil can be active at a time. Does not trigger a global cooldown.

Decay
    -Channels the purifying power of Death at the enemy, dealing 38 Death damage over 3 seconds, granting the Cleric one stack of Lurking Decay each second. Lurking Decay deals 7 to 9 Death damage to up to 4 enemies within 5 meters of each enemy hit for each Lurking Decay consumed.

Obliterate
    -Decimates the enemy, dealing 27 to 29 Death damage, as well as consuming the Cleric's Sigils and all Lurking Decays. Lurking Decays consumed deal double damage.
    This will remove 3 buffs from just about everyone within 5 meters. The key here is "up to 4 enemies within 5 meters of each enemy hit". If you have 3 people hit with Lurking Decay and they each have 4 people standing within 5 meters (for a total of 12) each of the lurking decays consumed (assuming you've used Decay for the full 3 seconds) will remove 3 buffs from each of the 12 people as using Decay for three seconds affords you 3 lurking decays.
    or
    Tyranny
    -Overwhelms the area with the tyranny of death, dealing 14 to 17 Death damage to up to 7 enemies, as well as consuming the Cleric's Sigil and 1 Lurking Decay.

There's your mass debuff... hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankDunger View Post
    Cabalist

Sigil of Woe
    -Invokes the Sigil of Woe on the Cleric. When consumed, the Sigil of Woe removes 1 buff effect from each enemy hit for each Lurking Decay consumed. Only 1 Sigil can be active at a time. Does not trigger a global cooldown.

Decay
    -Channels the purifying power of Death at the enemy, dealing 38 Death damage over 3 seconds, granting the Cleric one stack of Lurking Decay each second. Lurking Decay deals 7 to 9 Death damage to up to 4 enemies within 5 meters of each enemy hit for each Lurking Decay consumed.

Obliterate
    -Decimates the enemy, dealing 27 to 29 Death damage, as well as consuming the Cleric's Sigils and all Lurking Decays. Lurking Decays consumed deal double damage.
    This will remove 3 buffs from just about everyone within 5 meters. The key here is "up to 4 enemies within 5 meters of each enemy hit". If you have 3 people hit with Lurking Decay and they each have 4 people standing within 5 meters (for a total of 12) each of the lurking decays consumed (assuming you've used Decay for the full 3 seconds) will remove 3 buffs from each of the 12 people as using Decay for three seconds affords you 3 lurking decays.
    or
    Tyranny
    -Overwhelms the area with the tyranny of death, dealing 14 to 17 Death damage to up to 7 enemies, as well as consuming the Cleric's Sigil and 1 Lurking Decay.

There's your mass debuff... hope this helps.
    That's not how Obliterate works. Obliterate will hit ONLY the person that you target with it and then the Lurking Decay will hit up to 4 people around that person. It only does damage to a max of 5 people, not 12. When used with Sigil of Woe you will pull 3 buffs off of ONLY the person targeted with Obliterate.

If you use it with Tyranny though you will pull 1 buff off of the 7 initial people hit with Tyranny. Lurking Decay will then damage up to 4 people around each of those initial 7 but no further buffs will be pulled off of those people.

I never played WoW so I'm trying to undertsand this Purge thing correctly: I know a cleanse will remove a curse,disease, or poison...but NOT DoTs. So are you saying a purge removes DoTs and debuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
    I never played WoW so I'm trying to undertsand this Purge thing correctly: I know a cleanse will remove a curse,disease, or poison...but NOT DoTs. So are you saying a purge removes DoTs and debuffs?
    Actually a cleanse will indeed remove DoTs as long as those DoTs are considered a curse, disease or poison, which most are. Probably what you are seeing when a DoT isn't removed is a Warrior DoT which are mostly physical and can't be cured.

A Purge is an offensive Cleanse. So where a Cleanse targets a friendly player and pulls off bad things a Purge targets an enemy player and pulls off good things.

Purge and Sigil of Woe are examples of Purges.

Empowering Light and Curative Waters are examples of Cleanses.

+ Reply to Thread