+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: An indepth look at Cleric Healing (Raid Environment)

Quote Originally Posted by Joena View Post
    This argument is fine with 51 Warden, but 51 Purifier or 51 Sentinel actually provides more cooldowns than the specs you use. Especially if you go Sent since Vigilance is hands down the best healer cooldown in the game and you don't lose battle rez at all.

If you have 2 healers and one goes 51 Warden and one goes 51 Purifier or Sent you will end up with the same number(or more) of cooldowns as 2 people running your spec but better raid healing overall. This especially holds true with the Healer's Covenant since having 2 healers with it doesn't even help unless it's a multi-tank fight.

There may be another argument against having Healers specced 51 points in your raid but cooldowns is not a viable one.
    A 51 point Purifier gains close to nothing at all to help the raid outside of the main tank shield and Latent Blaze which with my spec he would already have.

A bit more can be said for 51 sentinel because they obtain vigilance but Vigilance is a hit or miss move if you use it right as a healer goes off and he get's topped off it is completely wasted and it has an 8 second window. Latent Blaze is much more efficient and a lot more helpful and easy to use. Going that far into a sent tree loses out on so many purifier or warden talents that synergize so well with the Sent Talents.

Warden:

You lose out on amazing HoTs and Cheap AoE Heals that both proc Serendipity and Protect the Flock respectively.

Speccing into warden also gives increased healing on HoTs and Instant casts ie Healing Breathe and Divine Favor.

An innervate and lower mana efficiency use on your HoT spells.

This combination also makes your crit worth so much more, A crit not only procs serendipity but also procs Overflow.

Purifier:

A shield to help blanket your hots from Healing Invocation and also give you a tad bit of breathing room to queue up bigger heals or to work efficiently with cooldowns.

An instant crit move mixed with your touch the light to ensure you can get two huge heals out in 3 seconds flat.

A 60% of your Spell power Shield to help blanket your hots and queue up times from your other heals.

A 10% chance for all your heals to make your next heal increased by 30%

A move that increased the targets health by 25% of your maximum and also healing for that amount. To be used in great synergy with Latent Blaze to help prevent it from being procced unless MOST necessary

A move that makes your crit chances increased by 60% and scales down all in turn increasing serendipity uptime for a certain amount of time when needed to keep up a tank in rough times.

Latent Blaze

4% Chance to make your next spell cost no mana.

If you truly think any tree specced 51 points into can compete with all of that then you have a wake up call coming to you come raiding time.

Sure you can down any trivial content with stupid specs but when it comes to the serious fights it's all about efficiency

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

So I did some tests with my own gear and spec just to see the numbers.

I had under 36 points in Sent as per the OPs specs so his HI should heal for the same amount as mine. I took the first 30 non-crits with each amount of Spellpower and averaged them since there is some variance.

895 SP = 1929 HI
    950 SP = 2008 HI

This is actually 1.44 less SP than you get out of 100 Wis vs 100 Int but it won't matter much.

Assume a base of 10% Crit and then assume 13.8% crit for the 895 SP set up to show trading 3.8% crit for 55 SP. Also assuming the law of averages equals out perfectly at 1000 casts. Spamming nothing but HI.

1000 casts of HI at 895 SP and 13.8% crit will give you 2,248,442 damage healed
    1000 casts of HI at 950 SP and 10% crit will give you 2,248,960 damage healed

So IF you have Serendipity you will still see a .02% increase in throughput from running 100 wis over 100 Int. IF you have both Overflow and Serendipity Int will just barely pull ahead but that would be the only spec where that was the case and it's by a very small margin. There is no spec where Int will ever beat out pure SP.

SO:
    SP>Wis>Int>Crit
    SP>Int=Wis>Crit w/ Serendipity
    SP>Int>Wis>Crit w/ Serendipity AND Overflow
    You are 100% correct that SP is worth more than Wisdom it's just in itemization in RIFT you never have the choice between wisdom and spell power but more so between int and SP.

I wish I could edit my post cause you are right that SP>Wisdom>Int>crit

Wisdom is still ahead of Int in any case but Spellpower in theory is supreme over both of them.

Sorry for not explaining my reasoning in my original post but I thank you guys for the numbers.

No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    You are 100% correct that SP is worth more than Wisdom it's just in itemization in RIFT you never have the choice between wisdom and spell power but more so between int and SP.

I wish I could edit my post cause you are right that SP>Wisdom>Int>crit

Wisdom is still ahead of Int in any case but Spellpower in theory is supreme over both of them.

Sorry for not explaining my reasoning in my original post but I thank you guys for the numbers.
    That's not entirely true. I've seen some Clerics pass up on an upgrade that had 12 Wis 10 Int and 10 SP because they didn't want to give up their piece that had 18 Wis 11 Int and no SP.

The piece with SP is clearly better, no argument, but people that think Wisdom is more important than SP will hold onto the second piece.

It does suck that you can't go back and edit though. You might just try reposting a revised version with all of your updates in this same thread to tidy up any lose ends.
    Joena - Sunrest - Den of Madness

That's not entirely true. I've seen some Clerics pass up on an upgrade that had 12 Wis 10 Int and 10 SP because they didn't want to give up their piece that had 18 Wis 11 Int and no SP.

The piece with SP is clearly better, no argument, but people that think Wisdom is more important than SP will hold onto the second piece.

It does suck that you can't go back and edit though. You might just try reposting a revised version with all of your updates in this same thread to tidy up any lose ends.

Well if I could go back and Also restate that SP is worth more than Int they would have made the change :P

Haha but Yeah I wish I could edit the thread.

I am going to ask Trion to get mod powers over the original post and hope to fix all mistakes ,typos and problems that have arised from the the thread

A 51 point Purifier gains close to nothing at all to help the raid outside of the main tank shield and Latent Blaze which with my spec he would already have.

A bit more can be said for 51 sentinel because they obtain vigilance but Vigilance is a hit or miss move if you use it right as a healer goes off and he get's topped off it is completely wasted and it has an 8 second window. Latent Blaze is much more efficient and a lot more helpful and easy to use. Going that far into a sent tree loses out on so many purifier or warden talents that synergize so well with the Sent Talents.

Warden:

You lose out on amazing HoTs and Cheap AoE Heals that both proc Serendipity and Protect the Flock respectively.

Speccing into warden also gives increased healing on HoTs and Instant casts ie Healing Breathe and Divine Favor.

An innervate and lower mana efficiency use on your HoT spells.

This combination also makes your crit worth so much more, A crit not only procs serendipity but also procs Overflow.

Purifier:

A shield to help blanket your hots from Healing Invocation and also give you a tad bit of breathing room to queue up bigger heals or to work efficiently with cooldowns.

An instant crit move mixed with your touch the light to ensure you can get two huge heals out in 3 seconds flat.

A 60% of your Spell power Shield to help blanket your hots and queue up times from your other heals.

A 10% chance for all your heals to make your next heal increased by 30%

A move that increased the targets health by 25% of your maximum and also healing for that amount. To be used in great synergy with Latent Blaze to help prevent it from being procced unless MOST necessary

A move that makes your crit chances increased by 60% and scales down all in turn increasing serendipity uptime for a certain amount of time when needed to keep up a tank in rough times.

Latent Blaze

4% Chance to make your next spell cost no mana.

If you truly think any tree specced 51 points into can compete with all of that then you have a wake up call coming to you come raiding time.

Sure you can down any trivial content with stupid specs but when it comes to the serious fights it's all about efficiency
    A couple points before I address the big picture:

HoT's will only proc Serendipity if they crit on the first tick so they are no better than any other spell for synergy with Serendipity.

If Vigilance is used while the tank is still above 20% they can't die for 10 seconds. Let me make that clear, Vigilance = 10 seconds of immortality when cast on the tank. It probably isn't suppose to work like this but it does as of now.

Fiery Blessing is only 50% increase, not sure if that was a typo or not.

Also you still have 15 points to spend once you go 51, so you aren't going to lose everything that you listed. Those points are going to get spent somewhere in the healing trees.

The big picture though is that you are not alone when healing in a raid and the best case scenario is not figuring out how you best synergize within your own build but how you best synergize with the other healers in the raid. In our raid set up there is at least one healer that his entire job is keeping up the MT. We easily have raid healing covered by other people.

If his entire job is just keeping that one guy alive while his guildies do the other healing jobs he should spec to obtain the absolute most single target throughput while still obtaining as many cooldowns as possible.

51 Puri/ 15 Sent vs 34 Puri /32 Sent(build in your guide):
    -Healers Covenant
    -Life's Return
    -Healer's Haste
    -Serendipity
    +Rite of the Ancestors
    +Spiritual Conflagration
    +Caregiver's Blessing
    +Life's Blessing
    +35% increase to all shields
    +10% increase to Ward of the Ancestors
    +Minor talents to increase self-survivability

The loss of Healers Covenant is essentially irrelevant since you gain 2 MT Cooldowns. The loss of Life's Return, Healer's Haste and Serendipity are big but made up for by the huge Throughput gains you get out of being that deep.

A split spec, while entirely viable simply cannot keep up with the massive throughput gains of deeper tree specs and as long as across the entire raid you still have as many or more MT Cooldowns you aren't losing anything. For doing experts where you don't have several other healers to rely on I totally agree with a split spec. In a raid though you don't need to be a jack of all trades, that's what having more than one healer is for.
    Joena - Sunrest - Den of Madness

A couple points before I address the big picture:

HoT's will only proc Serendipity if they crit on the first tick so they are no better than any other spell for synergy with Serendipity.

If Vigilance is used while the tank is still above 20% they can't die for 10 seconds. Let me make that clear, Vigilance = 10 seconds of immortality when cast on the tank. It probably isn't suppose to work like this but it does as of now.

Fiery Blessing is only 50% increase, not sure if that was a typo or not.

Also you still have 15 points to spend once you go 51, so you aren't going to lose everything that you listed. Those points are going to get spent somewhere in the healing trees.

The big picture though is that you are not alone when healing in a raid and the best case scenario is not figuring out how you best synergize within your own build but how you best synergize with the other healers in the raid. In our raid set up there is at least one healer that his entire job is keeping up the MT. We easily have raid healing covered by other people.

If his entire job is just keeping that one guy alive while his guildies do the other healing jobs he should spec to obtain the absolute most single target throughput while still obtaining as many cooldowns as possible.

51 Puri/ 15 Sent vs 34 Puri /32 Sent(build in your guide):
    -Healers Covenant
    -Life's Return
    -Healer's Haste
    -Serendipity
    +Rite of the Ancestors
    +Spiritual Conflagration
    +Caregiver's Blessing
    +Life's Blessing
    +35% increase to all shields
    +10% increase to Ward of the Ancestors
    +Minor talents to increase self-survivability

The loss of Healers Covenant is essentially irrelevant since you gain 2 MT Cooldowns. The loss of Life's Return, Healer's Haste and Serendipity are big but made up for by the huge Throughput gains you get out of being that deep.

A split spec, while entirely viable simply cannot keep up with the massive throughput gains of deeper tree specs and as long as across the entire raid you still have as many or more MT Cooldowns you aren't losing anything. For doing experts where you don't have several other healers to rely on I totally agree with a split spec. In a raid though you don't need to be a jack of all trades, that's what having more than one healer is for.
    Logically you would only have 2 clerics healing in any raid.

So for even one to lose healer's covenant could be detrimental cause then you lose a period where you can have 40% damage mitigation for 20 seconds as opposed to only 10 if you can't loop them right with a tanks shield wall.

Thoroughput isn't measure in sheer numbers or what ifs

Telaran

Love the guide! Just wanted to correct one thing, the deep warden heal rotation. This is the ideal I've found:

Rotation for maximum tank healing is
    HC = Healing Current
    HS = Healing Spray
    SS = Soothing Stream
    HG = Healing Grace
    Del = Deluge
    HC>Del>HS,SS>Del>HG>Del>HC>Del>SS,HS>Del>HG>Del>HC >Del>HS,SS>Del>HG>Del {HC}

Because the SS and HS buffs last 12 seconds, you don't have to do HC>DEL>HS,SS>Del (which consumes 9 seconds, leaving 3 seconds of 'dead' time that you're using to refresh things early).

Think about
    HS,SS>Del>HC>Del>HG>Del
    The above takes 13 seconds for a full cycle. The first 13 you gain 1.5 seconds for switching the order of HoT refresh (SS then HS) meaning HS drops off for 1 second, but that's fairly trivial. Then you have to cut a HG to essentially reset the loop.

What's ideal there is not Healing Grace (which is a HPS boost, if a weak one), it's that once you get it down you find out exactly how many casts you can sub in for healing grace there. It's quite a few. With practice, you'll be able to HoT weave the rotation with a number of non-HoT casts.
    Last edited by Sharajat; 03-29-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharajat View Post
    Love the guide! Just wanted to correct one thing, the deep warden heal rotation. This is the ideal I've found:

HC = Healing Current
    HS = Healing Spray
    SS = Soothing Stream
    HG = Healing Grace
    Del = Deluge

Because the SS and HS buffs last 12 seconds, you don't have to do HC>DEL>HS,SS>Del (which consumes 9 seconds, leaving 3 seconds of 'dead' time that you're using to refresh things early).

Think about
    HS,SS>Del>HC>Del>HG>Del
    The above takes 13 seconds for a full cycle. The first 13 you gain 1.5 seconds for switching the order of HoT refresh (SS then HS) meaning HS drops off for 1 second, but that's fairly trivial. Then you have to cut a HG to essentially reset the loop.

What's ideal there is not Healing Grace (which is a HPS boost, if a weak one), it's that once you get it down you find out exactly how many casts you can sub in for healing grace there. It's quite a few. With practice, you'll be able to HoT weave the rotation with a number of non-HoT casts.
    Have not tried this out but I will be sure to give it a whirl.

Have currently been working on my Senticar build for raiding . Have gone through every t2 with another chloro with flying colors.

Can't wait to give it a shot in Green Scale this Thursday and hopefully River of Souls

Telaran

The following is a part of a post I did for my guild. It helped me decide which builds I used, and I hadn't seen the numbers presented like this before. I'll let y'all draw your own conclusions.

Well, I went to the healing dummy this morning to test out several different builds to see how the heals stack up. All builds were with my standard healing gear providing 368 wis, 865 sp, 401 scrit, 248 Int. Here's the results.

51 Sent/ 10 Inq/ 5 Puri
    Healing Invocation = 2160
    Healing Breath = 1072
    Healing Grace = 750

44 Sent/ 22 Warden/ 0 Puri
    Healing Invocation = 2050
    Healing Breath = 1225
    Healing Grace = 750
    Soothing Stream x 4 = 420/tick
    Healing Spray = 160/tick
    Healing Current = 520 w/80 per tick
    Deluge = 1450 w/ 6 HoTs

34 Puri/ 32 Sent/ 0 Warden
    Healing Invocation = 1900
    Healing Breath = 1080
    Healing Grace = 755
    Restorative Flame = 1755 w/ 526 shield
    Healing Flame = 545
    Ward of the Ancestors = 831 shield

51 Warden/ 10 Sent/ 5 Puri
    Soothing Stream x4 = 580/tick
    Healing Spray = 192/tick
    Healing Current = 755 with 110/tick
    Deluge = 1700 w/6 HoTs

45 Warden/ 21 Sent/ 0 Puri
    Soothing Stream x4 = 520/tick
    Healing Spray = 180/tick
    Healing Current = 673 with 99/tick
    Deluge = 1700 w/ 6 HoTs

51 Puri/ 15 Sent/ 0 Warden
    Healing Flame = 545
    Healing Flare = 495
    Spiritual Conflagration = 541/tick

To summarize using the most important heal of each Soul:

Healing Invocation
    51 point spec = 2160
    44 point spec = 2050
    32 point spec = 1900

Soothing Stream x4
    51 point spec = 580/tick
    45 point spec = 520/tick
    22 point spec = 420/tick

Restorative Flame
    51 point spec = 1755 w/ 526 shield
    34 point spec = 1755 w/ 526 shield

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Glamyr View Post
    Restorative Flame
    shield part is inaccurate
    51 pt spec should be 0.81% spellpower shield (after the math is done)
    34 pt spec is 0.6% spellpower shield
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamyr View Post
    The following is a part of a post I did for my guild. It helped me decide which builds I used, and I hadn't seen the numbers presented like this before. I'll let y'all draw your own conclusions.

Well, I went to the healing dummy this morning to test out several different builds to see how the heals stack up. All builds were with my standard healing gear providing 368 wis, 865 sp, 401 scrit, 248 Int. Here's the results.

51 Sent/ 10 Inq/ 5 Puri
    Healing Invocation = 2160
    Healing Breath = 1072
    Healing Grace = 750

44 Sent/ 22 Warden/ 0 Puri
    Healing Invocation = 2050
    Healing Breath = 1225
    Healing Grace = 750
    Soothing Stream x 4 = 420/tick
    Healing Spray = 160/tick
    Healing Current = 520 w/80 per tick
    Deluge = 1450 w/ 6 HoTs

34 Puri/ 32 Sent/ 0 Warden
    Healing Invocation = 1900
    Healing Breath = 1080
    Healing Grace = 755
    Healing Flame = 545

51 Warden/ 10 Sent/ 5 Puri
    Soothing Stream x4 = 580/tick
    Healing Spray = 192/tick
    Healing Current = 755 with 110/tick
    Deluge = 1700 w/6 HoTs

45 Warden/ 21 Sent/ 0 Puri
    Soothing Stream x4 = 520/tick
    Healing Spray = 180/tick
    Healing Current = 673 with 99/tick
    Deluge = 1700 w/ 6 HoTs

51 Puri/ 15 Sent/ 0 Warden
    Healing Flame = 545
    Healing Flare = 495
    Spiritual Conflagration = 541/tick

To summarize using the most important heal of each Soul:

Healing Invocation
    51 point spec = 2160
    44 point spec = 2050
    32 point spec = 1900

Soothing Stream x4
    51 point spec = 580/tick
    45 point spec = 520/tick
    22 point spec = 420/tick

Restorative Flame
    Thank you for these numbers and these numbers really help me solidify my choice in my 34 purf and 32 sent build

The numbers are a little disturbing for my warden/Sent spec but what can you expect with Warden having the highest spell power mastyer 36 point talent.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sharajat View Post

HC = Healing Current
    HS = Healing Spray
    SS = Soothing Stream
    HG = Healing Grace
    Del = Deluge

Think about
    HS,SS>Del>HC>Del>HG>Del

Your roation is suboptimum. There is never a reason for a Warden to cast Healing Grace. It is always better to cast Healing Current. It heals for the same, has a HoT component / refreshes the HoT component, costs less mana, and gives an oportunity for Tidal Resonance to proc which Healing Grace does not. Although, I suspect it's mana cost is bugged.

Additionally, I would also recommend the use of Soothing Stream over Healing Grace. You get an instant tick on the cast which heals for slightly less. On the plus side, it uses just the global so you can take another action 25% faster, refreshes your most important HoT, it costs less mana, and it can proc Tidal Resonance.

The only heal outside the Warden tree I would ever recommend using in a Warden primary build would be Healing Breath.

Soulwalker

Logically you would only have 2 clerics healing in any raid.
    I would wager most guilds will use more than 2 clerics in Greenscale, atleast for Hylas and Lord Greenscale himself. Incoming AE heal nerf and expected Heirloom of the Eth nerf will further complicate a 2 cleric only setup. Regardless of that I think you have a great guide here and appreciate the time taken to write it.

I do differ in opinion regarding the strength of 51 point builds. My experience is 51 point Puri, Sent and Warden are superior in their respective roles. The only hybrid I see value in using (after testing and raid parsing) is the 34/32 PuriSent and only for an extra Brez.

51 warden is outparsing everyone on our raids, sometimes by well over 100k. These numbers are only possible with Orbs of the Tide, negating any midspec hybrid build.

51 Puri is boss and can pop CDs to get the tank thru every-other Lord Greenscale breath when Shield Wall cannot be used. Sent could be hybrid specced but I cannot stand watering down my HI and lossing Healing Bene - although hampered by its CD Bene is extremely powerful at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzen View Post
    I would wager most guilds will use more than 2 clerics in Greenscale, atleast for Hylas and Lord Greenscale himself. Incoming AE heal nerf and expected Heirloom of the Eth nerf will further complicate a 2 cleric only setup. Regardless of that I think you have a great guide here and appreciate the time taken to write it.

I do differ in opinion regarding the strength of 51 point builds. My experience is 51 point Puri, Sent and Warden are superior in their respective roles. The only hybrid I see value in using (after testing and raid parsing) is the 34/32 PuriSent and only for an extra Brez.

51 warden is outparsing everyone on our raids, sometimes by well over 100k. These numbers are only possible with Orbs of the Tide, negating any midspec hybrid build.

51 Puri is boss and can pop CDs to get the tank thru every-other Lord Greenscale breath when Shield Wall cannot be used. Sent could be hybrid specced but I cannot stand watering down my HI and lossing Healing Bene - although hampered by its CD Bene is extremely powerful at the right time.
    I still don't see my guild using more than 2 clerics.

Even for greenscale and Hylas.

2 clerics
    2 chloros
    1 bard

It's what we heal every fight with and only 1 of our chloros have SHOE so that's not TOO relevant. If we ever need another healer we bring another Chloro. I don't see ever bringing more than 2 clerics to heal optimal in any situation. The so called nerfs to chloro are close to non existent. We have done more than ample testing on Alpha and chloros still pull ahead by a great margin.

To even go 51 points into warden just to "Parse" close to what a chloro does is beyond rediculous and if you outheal chloros as 51 warden as it is I would more or less lean towards your chloros are doing it wrong or you have none.

Idk maybe you have a claim with all your 51 point builds but they will never be optimal on any boss is a progression type environment. Like I stated before once you learn a fight and your whole raid has it down and you start to out gear it you can probably run a lot of dumb specs. It's the ones that will get you through progression that matter most.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Coramac View Post
    Your roation is suboptimum. There is never a reason for a Warden to cast Healing Grace. It is always better to cast Healing Current. It heals for the same, has a HoT component / refreshes the HoT component, costs less mana, and gives an oportunity for Tidal Resonance to proc which Healing Grace does not. Although, I suspect it's mana cost is bugged.

Additionally, I would also recommend the use of Soothing Stream over Healing Grace. You get an instant tick on the cast which heals for slightly less. On the plus side, it uses just the global so you can take another action 25% faster, refreshes your most important HoT, it costs less mana, and it can proc Tidal Resonance.

The only heal outside the Warden tree I would ever recommend using in a Warden primary build would be Healing Breath.
    I remember Grace hitting for a tad more than current. Like 50 points or something, but it was decidedly more.

Tidal Resonance is a good catch, but I d o remember Grace was better.

I don't want to use SS because the goal with that sort of rotation is spam cast deluge, and with the 2 second hard cooldown gap, 1.5 second casts and 2 second casts are the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast