+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: An indepth look at Cleric Healing (Raid Environment)

I use a lachesis razer mouse has something like 8 buttons.... and i use a lot of them (you can use their software to bind them to keys the game knows about if not supported natively).. Most of my heals are bound to them.

I have a g17 keyboard but don't really use it as much as I should :>
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Esh
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    When you keybind you need to keep in these rules for each line of the keyboard

Never Go past 5

Never Go past T

Never go past F

Never go past B
    This has been my setup in just about every mmo I've played.
    1-6
    Alt 1-6 (makes me alt-tab out of game on rare occasions lol)
    ctrl 1-6 (had to change my 'Select friendly unit' because I was ctrl + tabing all the time, with the ` key which is actually a nice place for it)
    6 has always been reserved for skills I don't use as frequently.
    Still 18 hot-keys doesn't seem to be enough, guess I'll have to start using letters.
    Last edited by Esh; 03-31-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

When you keybind you need to keep in these rules for each line of the keyboard

Never Go past 5

Never Go past T

Never go past F

Never go past B
    You can bind G provided you are happy to lose the existing bind.

Also some 'gaming' keyboards have more compact key layouts that allow you to reach slightly further than regular keyboards - can take some getting used to though.

They also have programmable macro keys, if that's your thing.

Shadowlander

It doesn't make much sense to stop at "f" if you are going to use "t" and "b", but anyways, the best thing for hot keying is to get a mouse with more buttons.

Ctrl/alt/shift modifiers with 1-6, q, e, r, f, t, and sometimes z, x, c, are what I usually use for keybinds
    Q, and E I've never really used for strafing anyways, usually right click + A/D

I've found the F# keys too out of the way for my liking, besides, F1 and F2 on my keyboard are kinda stuck, from uhhh...spilled coke *cough*
    Snob - Rogue
    Smug - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Coramac View Post
    It doesn't make much sense to stop at "f" if you are going to use "t" and "b", but anyways, the best thing for hot keying is to get a mouse with more buttons.
    It makes plenty of sense. Put your hand on your W A S D.

Stretch your finger to press T with your pointer.

Now trying doing it to G little uncomfortable ehh

See the difference. Uncomfortable isn't it.

Now trying hitting B with your thumb.

Easy isn't it.

Anatomy, It's a wonderful thing

When you mouseover as a healer you need to try to only use your mouse for movement when absolutely necessary. So got to use those WASD or in my case , Q W E
    Last edited by VeroProDiGY; 03-31-2011 at 07:24 PM.

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

More will be updated soon for the new content and fights for River of Souls.

No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Shadowlander

I don't know how your anatomy is structured, but hitting "G" is pretty easy for me. Maybe I'm just a super pro gamer. But regardless, if you really want to get things rolling, getting that 15ish button mouse is about the best thing you can do. It makes life infinitely easier.

I also agree that mouse overs are pretty weak, although much better in a raid situation as opposed to a group situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Coramac View Post
    I don't know how your anatomy is structured, but hitting "G" is pretty easy for me. Maybe I'm just a super pro gamer. But regardless, if you really want to get things rolling, getting that 15ish button mouse is about the best thing you can do. It makes life infinitely easier.

I also agree that mouse overs are pretty weak, although much better in a raid situation as opposed to a group situation.
    It was a joke lmfaoo

but yes if you get one of those 15 button mouses it makes thing exponentially easier.

And they are more relevant in Raids but no reason to not practice for raids in 5 mans.

Soulwalker

I just wanted to simply thank you for giving us this awesome guide that clears a lot of questions many clerics, including me, has in this game.

*bows*

Quote Originally Posted by Wateredge View Post
    I just wanted to simply thank you for giving us this awesome guide that clears a lot of questions many clerics, including me, has in this game.

*bows*
    Thank you young padawon

I have finally acquired some different trinkets and greater essences so I will be doing more extensive testing with certain specs and etc to see how the scale.

Assuming I run Sentinel/Warden build. What would my standard rotation be?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oo.E0E00stco.V

I tried main tank healing last night and I totally failed lol. That was my first time ever healing in PVE (I mostly PVP). We gave it few tries but I know we were sucking because I suck, we were wiping on trash . Every time I improved my rotation we did little better, but ultimately I just wasn't prepared for it.

I'm at work now, so I can't really hit the dummy to test things out. I'll figure 'oh ****' situations as we go, I'm OK with reactive healing (that's what PVP is all about), just the standard rotation wasn't something I though would be as important as it actually is.

Thanks
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    Assuming I run Sentinel/Warden build. What would my standard rotation be?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oo.E0E00stco.V

I tried main tank healing last night and I totally failed lol. That was my first time ever healing in PVE (I mostly PVP). We gave it few tries but I know we were sucking because I suck, we were wiping on trash . Every time I improved my rotation we did little better, but ultimately I just wasn't prepared for it.

I'm at work now, so I can't really hit the dummy to test things out. I'll figure 'oh ****' situations as we go, I'm OK with reactive healing (that's what PVP is all about), just the standard rotation wasn't something I though would be as important as it actually is.

Thanks
    4 stack of soothing stream (try to keep this up pre pull)
    Healing Current Spam
    If the tank takes starting taking Damage
    Deluge
    Healing Invocation
    Deluge
    Soothing Stream
    Healing Current
    Deluge
    Healing Invocation
    Deluge

Always restacking soothing stream when YOU see necessary. Something that will come with time and understanding
    This is more or less what it should be every time. Mixing in cooldowns and etc when you see fit as well or as needed.

4 stack of soothing stream (try to keep this up pre pull)
    Healing Current Spam
    If the tank takes starting taking Damage
    Deluge
    Healing Invocation
    Deluge
    Soothing Stream
    Healing Current
    Deluge
    Healing Invocation
    Deluge

Always restacking soothing stream when YOU see necessary. Something that will come with time and understanding
    This is more or less what it should be every time. Mixing in cooldowns and etc when you see fit as well or as needed.
    Thanks I'll surely give that a whirl, seems simple enough. As long as it can sustain the regular tanking I'll be a happy camper and figure things out as I go...I just need help with the initial 'go' hehe.

By the way, I only got 680 spell power, is that just too low?
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast