+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Soul of the Cabalist, Druid ect

Default The Soul of the Cabalist, Druid ect

What are these quests supposed to yield, completed 1st one and notice no difference in soul tree or abilities....but that doesn't mean there arent any
    Thanks!

Telaran

They allow you to choose those souls.

When you pick a calling you're actually able to use any combination of those souls available, but you only start with 3 as you get through the starting area.

Once you complete all the other quests, you'll be able to use them in additional roles (or by respeccing your primary role).

Soulwalker

at the beginning you only have access to 3 souls ( the one you choose till lv 6)
    those quests unlocks the other souls so you can switch roles. second role costs 30g the you can have a dps build (say inq/cab/sent for instance ) and a healing role (warden/sent/purifier) you can have up to 4 roles and switch between them

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    They allow you to choose those souls.

When you pick a calling you're actually able to use any combination of those souls available, but you only start with 3 as you get through the starting area.

Once you complete all the other quests, you'll be able to use them in additional roles (or by respeccing your primary role).
    OMG, awesome!
    So I only need to level ONE cleric...man, shoulda started out with more damagey souls.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheezie View Post
    What are these quests supposed to yield, completed 1st one and notice no difference in soul tree or abilities....but that doesn't mean there arent any
    Thanks!
    These quests are for your alt builds. Grab a soul quest, close a Rift and you'll get the shard you need to then lure the soul you want out of a Rift. Defeat the soul and then return to the soul quest giver...presto you now have another soul tree to play around with.

Just go to your class trainer and either buy an alt build or if you don't like what you're using and know the new soul(s) will be better, just refund your soul points, plug in your newly acquired souls and have fun.

You can also reset your souls in your main tree instead having to spend the plat to buy a new role. When you reset the souls you have 0 talent points spent, you can now click on your souls and choose from the list of souls you have acquired. ie swap out druid for shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    These quests are for your alt builds. Grab a soul quest, close a Rift and you'll get the shard you need to then lure the soul you want out of a Rift. Defeat the soul and then return to the soul quest giver...presto you now have another soul tree to play around with.

Just go to your class trainer and either buy an alt build or if you don't like what you're using and know the new soul(s) will be better, just refund your soul points, plug in your newly acquired souls and have fun.
    I'll just tac this on here since I already started a thread.
    So, I actually bought another Role with the same three souls, not knowing I wold later have access to the others (just different talents). So now I have 2 Roles with: Purifier/Sentinel/Warden...should I restart another cleric? It looks like I could use one for AOE or hot healing and another for tank healing, if this is not a waste of a Role.
    If having 2 P/S/W Roles is perfectly viable for a raid healer-what are some good combos for the other two?
    Should Shaman and Druid def be in the same tree?
    Any direction or advice is appreciated!
    ty

Quote Originally Posted by Haetus View Post
    You can also reset your souls in your main tree instead having to spend the plat to buy a new role. When you reset the souls you have 0 talent points spent, you can now click on your souls and choose from the list of souls you have acquired. ie swap out druid for shaman.
    Yes, but atm I am stuck leveling without any REAL dps talents-and a guildy just advised that I cannot introduce a new soul to an old Role.
    Bah!

Rift Chaser

Yes, but atm I am stuck leveling without any REAL dps talents-and a guildy just advised that I cannot introduce a new soul to an old Role.
    Bah!
    uhh...yes, u can...just reset your points...any tree that has 0 points in it, you can switch...

General of Telara

Have you talked to a cleric trainer yet?

HINT: Try clicking on "Reset My Souls."

Shield of Telara

I'll just tac this on here since I already started a thread.
    So, I actually bought another Role with the same three souls, not knowing I wold later have access to the others (just different talents). So now I have 2 Roles with: Purifier/Sentinel/Warden...should I restart another cleric? It looks like I could use one for AOE or hot healing and another for tank healing, if this is not a waste of a Role.
    If having 2 P/S/W Roles is perfectly viable for a raid healer-what are some good combos for the other two?
    Should Shaman and Druid def be in the same tree?
    Any direction or advice is appreciated!
    ty
    go to your trainer, reset role. all of your trees will have 0 points now. then click the name/image of the each soul and it should come up with a list of all available souls that you can change it to.

there is absolutely no need for making a new character to access different souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post
    Have you talked to a cleric trainer yet?

HINT: Try clicking on "Reset My Souls."
    I'll have a more serious chat with her on my next visit! I thought that sounded a wee bit really definite for a game that seems so flexible when it comes to specs/talents.
    Thanks a bunch, guys.

+ Reply to Thread