+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are justicars better tanks then warrior?

Telaran

Default Are justicars better tanks then warrior?

Just curious if Justicars make better Tier 2 and raid tanks then warriors?

in no way, shape or form is a Justicar a better tank then a warrior or even a rogue.

Far less versatile, far less gearing options, stats compensate weirdly.
    If you want to primairly focus on tanking, i suggest you try out a warrior, they are better in pretty much every aspect of tanking.

Telaran

Justicars can tank t2, however in scope of warriors they don't really match up. I'm hoping after reading some dev posts that they hold true and really tweak Cleric tanking gear, until then I don't see us being as great as warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldeqbard View Post
    Just curious if Justicars make better Tier 2 and raid tanks then warriors?
    Meh this is hard one to answer...They both are great tanks I think. They both bring things to the battle as tanks that are important.

I have had warrior tanks in experts. I have had one Justicar I hang with in experts most often. It all comes down to if you pick a tank class, which style fits you. Both are good at agro holding. They just do it differently.

Though often on Warriors I have to wait before I dps... On Justicars I can dive on in if they know the rotation to grab multi agro immediately.

Healing prospective: Both are easy to heal...one requires more work (warrior) I think. Huge HP pools I have to top off =p...

I believe Justicar excels in physical dps taking while the Warrior is strong in both magical and physical.

They both have their pros and cons but both are great in terms of tanking. Does this feedback help at all? Or are you as confused as I am now.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bomojo View Post
    in no way, shape or form is a Justicar a better tank then a warrior or even a rogue.

If you want to primairly focus on tanking, i suggest you try out a warrior, they are better in pretty much every aspect of tanking.
    I don't agree with this.

The healers in my guild have told me that I generally take less damage than warrior tanks, especially on bosses with high physical damage. I also more easily hold threat on large AoE pulls and can establish threat faster without using taunts.

I do, however, have less mitigation against magical damage, lower hitpoints, and no mobility skills in my standard spec (which really bites on the werewolf boss in DD.)

So am I a better tank or a worse tank than a warrior? I don't know, but the two appear to be close enough in performance as to be essentially interchangeable.

By the way, I tank all the T2 dungeons but I have not attempted any raids yet.

Shadowlander

Don't listen to this ...whatever you want to call him. Clerics can tank fine, even better in some cases and worse in others. Being a tank of any archtype does not make you automatically the best tank for all content, that would be stupid. A good player can be a good tank no matter which tank he uses, a bad player is bad just the same....

Don't listen to these idiots that seem to think cleric = heals and only heals.

Rift Chaser

I think you'll find, if you head on over to the rogue forums that they have just as many issues with t2 tanking. bad itemisation, issues holding aggro etc.

Plane Touched

As someone who spends 99% of his time healing the MT, the best to worst tanks from my experience are

Warrior - with a good tank spec
    Cleric - with a full justicar spec
    Rogues - with their tank spec

Plane Walker

The only reason Justicar tanks are behind Warriors right now is because we have no gear dropping in dungeons, and very little to none from expert to raid rifts. Other then that its down to the player.

Warrior tanking is in terms of aggro management and mobility faceroll and easymode compared to Justicar. They have approximately 647 different taunts and AoE taunts and pulls, etc.

In all things else, we're pretty much even I believe. As Justicar tank I've done all T2 full clear (missing Skarn in DD though ), a couple of different raid rifts (water, death, air) and Akala. Unfortunantly, due to extremely poor itemization, I won't be main tanking GSB until they patch in new items/implement expert dailies for more plaques. Not because Warriors are better tanks, but simply because they can get much more epics then we can.

To answer your question in short, they're equal, just different flavors.
    Last edited by hateful; 03-26-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
    I think you'll find, if you head on over to the rogue forums that they have just as many issues with t2 tanking. bad itemisation, issues holding aggro etc.
    Every tank has issue holding threat, its not the class but the mechanic. Any geared DPS will pull threat off of any geared tank, period. As a cleric Shaman, I have pulled off T2 geared tanks if I pop rage of north after a string of crits. Blame a low threat cap and most DPS not knowing how to manage threat (or just not having any way to manage threat).

Other than lack of items, other than plaque gear, Justicars are very capable to the point where its not really the class that matters but the player.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Rift Disciple

Justicar tank just does not have the versitility as a warrior. Warrior can spec for any situation and that cannot be matched.

If you want to do any serious tanking roll warrior.

Don't gimp yourself.
    Last edited by Digress; 03-26-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

This one.......

Prophet of Telara

justicar tanks hold their own.

in some fights that they are aoe intensive they are massively better than warriors.

in others that primary form of damage is magical and or specific things are required (purges, etc) warrior tanks perform better due to the ease of having 2-3 tank specs to choose for each fight.

I don't think there is ANY tank that better than warrior,

and not only in this game, i think there is this thing in every game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyrabbit View Post
    I don't think there is ANY tank that better than warrior,

and not only in this game, i think there is this thing in every game.
    This mentality is what makes your statement true.
    Not facts.

Even though warriors might be more versitile tanks, it isn't by a big portion. As said, Cleric and rogue tanks hold their own.
    Alot of people tell me after experts that they were impressed by how easy i was to heal or how good I was at tanking.

Trying to be modest I think alot of that praise comes from their prejudice of anything else than having a warrior tank, rather than me being extremely good.

Cleric tanks are doing fine, I was a bit hesitant at first but now im confident Warrior/rogue/cleric are playing in the same league.

Also, I did roll a lvl50 rogue at first that i got up to 170 toughness pre-nerf, even though I did fine with him, I got tired of the falling through ground and rolled my new main character, a Cleric tank and I'm loving the playstyle and that I do so much more while I'm tanking, like healing the entire party.

I've never been a fan of Warrior playstyle but I have always looked at ways to play a tank, and I'm happy to have found rift where i can be a maintank and be something else than a warrior.
    Last edited by DaMightyTom; 03-26-2011 at 09:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast