+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Handed question

Soulwalker

Default 2 Handed question

I'll start by saying that I've been playing the AoE solo spec for leveling. Last night I did my lvl 35 puzzle/secret loot places and ended up getting a 2handed purple mace with STR/DEX/END.

I've been wanting to make a 2handed spec just to smash **** when I'm feeling like it and I was curious how much of a hit would I take if I used this over a much lower damage staff? Would I be better off just saving it for my warrior alt?

Thanks in advance, I did some searching but couldn't really find a definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukane View Post
    I'll start by saying that I've been playing the AoE solo spec for leveling. Last night I did my lvl 35 puzzle/secret loot places and ended up getting a 2handed purple mace with STR/DEX/END.

I've been wanting to make a 2handed spec just to smash **** when I'm feeling like it and I was curious how much of a hit would I take if I used this over a much lower damage staff? Would I be better off just saving it for my warrior alt?

Thanks in advance, I did some searching but couldn't really find a definitive answer.
    Honestly unsure, a big effect may be the spellpower drop off your current 2 hander.

High damage is good, but so is spellpower, honestly if you think it might be close i would just use it and see, though i understand you obviously cant then trade it.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Shield of Telara

the spellpower lose will make it a small upgrade at best, and you'll out level it soon anyways. personally i would sell it for a few plat and put that towards a mount or tradeskills.

Soulwalker

Spell power/crit/focus converts to attack power/phys crit/hit as a melee cleric soul anyway. There's not much reason(if any at all) to go for str/dex over wis/int.

Shadowlander

you def would want to not use that weapon, since your str is so low as a cleric you get faith in action passive, gives you atk based on spell power, thats what your gonna want to max.

Telaran

It would be a huge loss in damage due to the complete lack of spellpower. I believe those rewards popping up for clerics is actually a bug being addressed in 1.1

+ Reply to Thread