+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Soul Drain not working in dungeons/PvP?

Default Is Soul Drain not working in dungeons/PvP?

Hey all,

I've noticed recently that when I take my Inquisitor into dungeons or PvP that Soul Drain sometimes... just doesn't do anything. I press the button, it casts, but nothing takes damage. I look in my combat log, and I don't see it recorded as going off or hitting anything.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm wondering if it's a glitch from my end, because I also notice that at times my UI bugs out, and I lose "mouseover" functionality. I haven't tested enough to see if there's a relationship here, but I figured I'd at least post the Soul Drain problem to see if it's unique to me.

For the record, it's definitely not all AoEs, as Circle of Oblivion does not have this problem, nor do any of my other spells. It's just Soul Drain.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

You may be out of range. I believe you have to be within 7 meters of the target.
    Last edited by Sythas; 03-25-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    Kazuko - Defiant Rogue - Dayblind
    Kyber - Defiant Cleric - Dayblind
    Jo - Defiant Warrior - Dayblind

Yeah, get yourself right up close and personal to group pulls of 3 or more and you should be doing some pretty strong damage with it.

If you are sitting back with the mages and archers, you are almost assuredly out of range. Think of it as a Point Blank AoE attack.

Huh. Could it be that simple? I've never noticed a range issue before; but then again - things like to get up close and personal with me while soloing. I could swear I've hit things with this spell at range, but it might be that I was just within that limited range when I did so.

Wow. Hah. I guess I should read my tool tips a little closer from now on.

Thanks!
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    Huh. Could it be that simple? I've never noticed a range issue before; but then again - things like to get up close and personal with me while soloing. I could swear I've hit things with this spell at range, but it might be that I was just within that limited range when I did so.

Wow. Hah. I guess I should read my tool tips a little closer from now on.

Thanks!
    Had this happen to me in pve non-instance (Seemed to be an interface/communication) bug as the pull died at the right point in rotation.

7m is basically melee range so get up in there and do your business. Don't be scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Brap View Post
    7m is basically melee range so get up in there and do your business. Don't be scared.
    Lol pretty much. Took me a while to notice the range, but since then I'm all about getting into punchy range.

Soulwalker

I find tabbing vex through the targets as I close for Fanat/SD combo to be a wise use of that time =)

+ Reply to Thread