+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Inquisitor/Templar/Warden

Shadowlander

Default PvP Inquisitor/Templar/Warden

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...toq.xx0R0c0m.m

How do you guys feel this build? I think it's pretty offensive while keeping the basic surviability you need in PvP. I would love to WF/OWPvP with this when I hit prestige R4!

Give me some feed back please.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by KliveReclaimer View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...toq.xx0R0c0m.m

How do you guys feel this build? I think it's pretty offensive while keeping the basic surviability you need in PvP. I would love to WF/OWPvP with this when I hit prestige R4!

Give me some feed back please.
    Inquisitor PvP build without Bewilder?

Champion of Telara

I did not look at the build but apart from the double KB and silence warden is pretty bad with inquis. Soothing stream is the reason warden is good and you won't get it without gimping yourself.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Shadowlander

Couple of things you might want to change.
    They're lowering the cool down on Break Free to 2 minutes (from 5) so not sure what they are doing with Improved Break Free; might make the talent not worth much though.

Aggressive Renewal is garbage, two minute cooldown, crap mana. Better off getting potions/drinks. Keep Harsh discipline for the chance you need to use something channeled + snared (30 second cooldown). Use this point in bewilder.

Get rid of armor of devotion unless you want the 3% crit over the 3% dmg increase you get from armor of treachery. If you keep armor of devotion, get rid of a point in Castigation or Symbol of Corruption so you can pick up circle of oblivion. COI is not something you will use all the time, but it has moments when it comes in very handy.

As for warden, it's fine, 10% instant damage is good imo. the only debate would be if you'd rather have 4% spell power from sent or cab. Cab gives you aoe bound fate, sent gives you another light dmg instant cast.

edit: I prefer the 4 pts in warden. heal+instant+kb
    Last edited by Theistic; 03-25-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Champion of Telara

Crit+end buff is way better, you have a 15% dmg proc off crit and end >>> armor. Also the point to drop should be from Lethargy, you have an instant off the gcd snare, there is no reason for it.

Also going so far into temp is stupid unless you plan on other people healing you.
    Last edited by faction; 03-25-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

51 inq / 10 templar / 5 warden for this type of build imo
    █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by alanis View Post
    Didn't grab it because it's always being broken by someone right off the bat. It would be good in OW PvP though.

This would be the alternative, if only they would put it instant cast.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tzq.xx0R0c0m.m

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Crit+end buff is way better, you have a 15% dmg proc off crit and end >>> armor. Also the point to drop should be from Lethargy, you have an instant off the gcd snare, there is no reason for it.

Also going so far into temp is stupid unless you plan on other people healing you.
    Thanks for the feedback, you got a good point for the point in Lethargy. But if you think going so high in Templar is stupid tell me how you deal with Champions's stun and Pyro mage, it would help me a great deal. I usually just go away from a Pyro mage until he try to follow me out of his circle and then I hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Theistic View Post
    They're lowering the cool down on Break Free to 2 minutes (from 5) so not sure what they are doing with Improved Break Free; might make the talent not worth much though.

Aggressive Renewal is garbage, two minute cooldown, crap mana. Better off getting potions/drinks. Keep Harsh discipline for the chance you need to use something channeled + snared (30 second cooldown). Use this point in bewilder.

Get rid of armor of devotion unless you want the 3% crit over the 3% dmg increase you get from armor of treachery. If you keep armor of devotion, get rid of a point in Castigation or Symbol of Corruption so you can pick up circle of oblivion. COI is not something you will use all the time, but it has moments when it comes in very handy.

As for warden, it's fine, 10% instant damage is good imo. the only debate would be if you'd rather have 4% spell power from sent or cab. Cab gives you aoe bound fate, sent gives you another light dmg instant cast.

edit: I prefer the 4 pts in warden. heal+instant+kb

Thanks for the reply, constructive post is what i'm seeking and you got it right on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    I did not look at the build but apart from the double KB and silence warden is pretty bad with inquis. Soothing stream is the reason warden is good and you won't get it without gimping yourself.
    Look at the build. You're missing a hell lot of thing from warden if you think only soothing streams is good.
    Last edited by KliveReclaimer; 03-25-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by alanis View Post
    Bewilder is a waist of a point , 1.5 second cast time and it is broken with damage , your better off casting any other spell , purge,snare,debuff,heal,dot , all insta cast , all better choices than bewilder.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Drippin View Post
    Bewilder is a waist of a point , 1.5 second cast time and it is broken with damage , your better off casting any other spell , purge,snare,debuff,heal,dot , all insta cast , all better choices than bewilder.
    It wouldn't be a waste if it was instant though. You mainly get the point of why it is a waste of points but I would add that it break after 1 second in any WF because PuG's or even pre-made break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theistic View Post
    same thing, just a smaller % (seconds reduced, i think in factors of 10)

Shadowlander

Bump for more feedback.

+ Reply to Thread