+ Reply to Thread

Thread: this is just wrong....

Default this is just wrong....

so i was dueling a tank warrior as a justicar tank cleric i have 9.2k hp 9k armor over 1k parry and 120 toughness also a good block ammount he was a well geared tank as well i couldnt scratch him for the life of me and hes sitting there spamming me with 500+ dmg per shot and 2.8k crit = i die.

why do warriors in tank spec pull 500+ dps single target and well over 1k aoe while clerics pull 100 if where lucky even aoeing we get 1 attack skill we dont get any micro skills like the voidknights pacts or nething cool we get to heal ourselves and the party for 500 every second gcd rofl so that negates 1/8th of a hit from a raid boss cool! pretty sure i would be taking less dmg if i killed that much faster pulling 500 dps as a tank....also we get a shield....to absorb 1 attack awsome! justicars damage needs to be increased this is a joke

You have convinced me with your solid points and extensive research. We should delete our clerics and re-roll to something else. You first. Just let me know when you are done and I will do the same.
    Honest.
    Really, I wouldn't lie to you.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison.

Rift Disciple

because warriors are bugged and are getting fixed ?
    50 Mage

Master Runecraft
    Master Outfitter

50 Cleric
    Master Armorsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

it doesnt matter we get 300% threat increase ontop of 100 dps even if warriors are bugged they pull a huge ammount of threat over uss and have a million threat managment skills we get 1 attack. u guys obviously arent tanks maybe not even level 50 but justicars threat and damage needs to be improved dramatically

Shadowlander

Warriors have 3 tanking souls, and they dont get a nerf to dmg from their other speccs while tanking.

Like we do. hence, they do more dmg if specced right.

You cant expect to kill anything in pvp as a Justicar, its a pure tank specc.

Put main into shaman and add justicar for support, and you get a whole different story.

Stop feeding the troll

Telaran

Granted I haven't done any experts yet, I am level 50 and have tanked every normal dungeon, and I've never had any trouble keeping aggro at all. I doubt this changes much on experts, but I may be wrong. Even Justice and Doctrine of Loyalty let you easily keep aggro on a bunch of targets simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by EssentialX View Post
    it doesnt matter we get 300% threat increase ontop of 100 dps even if warriors are bugged they pull a huge ammount of threat over uss and have a million threat managment skills we get 1 attack. u guys obviously arent tanks maybe not even level 50 but justicars threat and damage needs to be improved dramatically
    Justicars need a tweak to threat (maybe), but did it ever occur to you that you can heal yourself as a cleric? That's right, if you weren't focused on attacking to WTFpwn in a 1 on 1 fight, you may have learned how to play.

Oh, and don't bring up that warriors can self heal. The paladin full heal is on a ten minute CD.

Rift Disciple

With some shaman you get more off GCD attacks, you can heal 5 people (next patch) passively and the entire raid with loyalty while taking a beating. All of it generates threat and procs your trinket/greater.

Not sure why a duel between PvE tanks that tank completely differently matters.

I killed two people in my justicar tanking spec.

Longest fight ever.
    Styrr - Bahmi Cleric - Firesand

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ephelaeth View Post
    I killed two people in my justicar tanking spec.

Longest fight ever.
    Yeah, I had a 3 minute or so fight with another level 50 warrior the other day. He let out a "well played" before he died.

You do **** DPS with Justicar tanking spec, but it's really hard to die! You will never be short on mana, and you have so many different tools to heal yourself and prevent damage, you pretty much just aren't killable in a 1v1 melee situation.

Soulwalker

Default Even worse

Quote Originally Posted by EssentialX View Post
    so i was dueling a tank warrior as a justicar tank cleric i have 9.2k hp 9k armor over 1k parry and 120 toughness also a good block ammount he was a well geared tank as well i couldnt scratch him for the life of me and hes sitting there spamming me with 500+ dmg per shot and 2.8k crit = i die.

why do warriors in tank spec pull 500+ dps single target and well over 1k aoe while clerics pull 100 if where lucky even aoeing we get 1 attack skill we dont get any micro skills like the voidknights pacts or nething cool we get to heal ourselves and the party for 500 every second gcd rofl so that negates 1/8th of a hit from a raid boss cool! pretty sure i would be taking less dmg if i killed that much faster pulling 500 dps as a tank....also we get a shield....to absorb 1 attack awsome! justicars damage needs to be increased this is a joke
    If you were a healing cleric you couldent even keep a 2nd toon alive against that kind of dps. At lvl 33 I have the best heal of 267 points and its got a cooldown. The dps vs the healing in this game isint viable. I have to join instance groups as a dps then end up healing on any boss or botched pull as most clerics cant keep the group alive. I hope this getrs some attention but as usual in any MMoprg iI have played the GM's think everything is groovy and by the time the problem starts to cost revenue in lost accounts it takes them months to work out a fix. I am so tired of being stunned feared by wars and rogues when I have no real capacity to negate or even avoid it. I run out of mana those toons can hit 123 keys all day , What gives>? where is the playability or enjoyment in this? Oh and my low healing rate is with a good portion of my talent points going strictly into healing......just sad.

To the OP. Just be glad you werent fighting a Mage using fulminate. Apparently some of the developers came from a game where healers were overpowered and so they thought that since healers could heal, that they needed to only do 1-300 damage per attack. Lets not even think about the fact that if you are using heal abilities on yourself, then you are not doing dps, you are just trying to stay alive, and your enemy is not losing health, but you are, albeit at a slow rate due to your healing. Oh wait, I guess its not so slow at 2800 per tick, but hey, thats life.

I really just cant wait for the newness to wear off and people to actually realize how bad it is. Despite popular belief, many people are not yet leveled to 50 and have no idea what endgame is like, and have been basing many things prematurely. No amount of healing will save you with 3 second heal casts for your largest heals, you will generally be silenced and killed before the silence or stun wears off. Its simply because they dont understand putting CC's on a global cooldown divided into major and minor classes. Most people wouldnt support this because they are dependent on keeping opponent chain cc'd and not wanting a competent player to use their anti-cc ability, so it becomes a game of whoever gets first CC off has huge advantage. Toss a couple of high DPS spells down and its win for DPS class.

Lastly, I had some cleric telling me it was just me so I had him duel both a good Mage and a good Warrior and he lost to both several times because they were using this combination of CC/High Damage and his 300 damage per tick couldnt really do enough to them.

Yes, we thought Clerics would be different in this game, allowing us to do whatever we wanted, but unfortunately the only feasible souls are the healing ones. If you are a cleric beating a DPS oriented class, then he is really bad. I guess it will be cookie cutter specs, and pretty much this will look like every other game because they force us to use a healing soul rather than actually use the offensive ones they gave us. So yes, cleric healing is good, cleric damage is low output, and your heals will not exceed a good players damage. I already rerolled another 50, and spend most of the time on that, and its night and day difference, I suggest the same to you, you will see how much better it is...GL!

Soulwalker

I really don't know what they did with the Justicar soul, in the very first beta it was great. I made with my lvl 14 Justicar crits above 300 (you have to acknowledge that the buff did 0% heal for dmg by using justicar abilities and 5% with abilities from different trees, 2h by the way, but not much difference with 1h).

Now it is that, with 1h and shield (in tanking equipment and tree) you are not even above 300 and that with level 50 and i wear nearly only the first item set buyable from the marks you get in the expert inis. The next thing is, 300% more threat in my a.s.s, rouges and warroirs out dps a justicar so hard, that it's quite impossible to hold aggro against them. (when they also have about the same equip status). And to get sarcastic: Oh, and yea we can produce threat with our heals... i forgot... overheal is sooo much threat it equals probably to zero.

The next thing is the equipment for justicars on lvl 50... the developers must have smoked (or did other drugs) something when they designed them. Everything is balanced with spellpower, but... the equipment suddenly changes to direct +parry and block, leaving your dps even more uncompetitive. (the best example are the light shields for clerics, now spellpower at all... 2h tanking is mostly more effective than tanking with 1h and shield and sry thats just sad...)
    Last edited by Eventar; 03-25-2011 at 05:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread