+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric is not = healer always

Default Cleric is not = healer always

God I just hate it when ppl get mad because you dont heal, just because you happens to be a cleric.
    I was running around in Scarlet Gorge and saw this Rift. I saw a guytrying to close it so I ran up started beating on the mobs aswell. I was in a druid-spec soloing.
    We wiped. Next minute I get yelled at and he wants me to leave just beacause im not healing him. Im every bad thing under the sun suddenly and ive ruined everything according to him.
    Jesus christ what is wrong with ppl ??

I left him and wished him good luck closing the rift on his own.

Rift Chaser

The biggest thing that you are going to just have to get over is that no other class has the ability to heal as Clerics do. Yeah mages get some options but the only true main healer types that are really designed to excel at healing are Clerics. Healers are generaly hard to find so my advice would be to buy your second role and carry a heal spec just like a warrior carries a tank spec and just switch to heals when u approach a rift. Its not likely that there are going to be too many healers to get a group through. I realize you may not want to play that way but it will make you a very desired member of a team and could even land you a guild invite or getting added to a friends list or something that might earn you something down the road.

I had that exact same thing happen in Freemarch. I was crafting in Meridian and got on my turtle to deliver my daily quests to Denegar's Stand (before the new Port went in). There was a rift in the field across the road from Meridian, it was a major level 14 rift. I was level 15 and there was a level 13 Rogue there. I got off my mount and cast Cavalier and Salvation and at that moment the rogue launched into the middle of the pack and aggroed 5 or 6 elite mobs. *jawdrop at the stupid of it*

The Rogue then turned around and headed toward me, while being beaten on by pretty much the entire rift. I didn't finish casting my buffs and summoning my pet - I ran like hell and quit team before he trained those mobs on me. As I got on my mount and went flying down the road I get the tell you're expecting:

Where was my heal? Why did you ditch me? I could have taken 4-5 of them if you just healed me!

To which I could only reply, "I am a tank, not a healer, and you didn't even let me finish buffing myself. You are stupid and deserved to die and you're not taking me with you." Then I ignored him because I knew there was going to be a rant coming.

Seriously, even if I had a healing spec would I run around solo on it? No. I'd need a few moments to change roles and cast buffs.

Edit: typo
    Last edited by Alessar; 03-25-2011 at 05:48 AM.

I heal about 90% of the warfronts im in. The leftover games I dps in whatever spec I want. I explain it as I want some fun because healing is boring as hell. Besides... I out damage most people anyway in my inquisitor spec. :/ I would heal more if they put out more damage and made it at least funny for me to watch while healing.
    Guns... Ammo... Motorcycles... Climbing... Food... All you need in life to be happy.

Skwinkles - Cleric - Legionnaire guild - Briarcliff server - 1v1 me for a good time

Wow...there is hope for humanity..the same guy thatacted like a jerk applogized to me a few mins. later in a tell. Ofc I accepted it

Shadowlander

The funniest thing is....

Random ini group yesterday....
    I was running it with my Shaman/Justi build.
    Some guy had a parser running.

After the ini run he whispered my if i can tell him the exploit i was using because i was 1st in damage and 1st in healing done..*ugly*

If you can do AE damage with a shaman build, justiciar healing is realy alot.

Most bgs im in i do around 50-60k healing only with justiciar passive heals

Banned

My DPS & soloing specs have always had 2 heals in them thanks to using sentinel to boost spellpower and crit damage. Healing breath is the best 0-pt ability in the game. It's also enough to heal people when you're doing rifts because tbqh rift mobs don't hurt at all.

With my justi/sham spec, I don't run out of health or mana and I can solo any rift I've tried (not tried 50 majors). And I can still heal.

So why aren't you able to heal? Druid sucks btw. And if there's dps and a tank around, I default to dps or heals if they aren't geared. My hots alone are enough to heal through every major rift in this game, and it's much easier to get gold rep that way.

No more QQ, get another role and heal. Why not unless you're in a group with your role being tank/dps?
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-25-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Shadowlander

Note to everyone:

If you want to be healed roll a cleric,bard if you dont just die and shutup we totally dont care

Anyways just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Ariaka; 03-25-2011 at 07:02 AM.

That's why I always roll 10 points into sentinal. You get a great HP buff, instant heal, castable heal (in case you run into someone who needs heals or for yourself), you get an increase in spell power and crit bonus.

That way I do great DPS while also having the ability to heal myself or others. May not be the best heals but I still help keep them up and they can't come back at me and be like "Why didn't you heal?!"

+ Reply to Thread